chapter 7

after all these years

J’s POV

“THAT NIGHT WAS A MISTAKE AND I REGRET IT!!”

Yuri shocked and immediately fell silent when I screamed that harsh words right to her face. Her face looked red, maybe she suppressed her anger, or maybe she tried not to cry, I didn’t know which one. We just kept silent for few seconds and nobody dare to talk. The aura at the dining room was fiery due to our anger. I felt bad immediately and I was about to say sorry when suddenly, her phone rang. I glanced at her phone and I saw a girl name with a pretty face there.  My anger reappeared and I was totally forgot about my intention to apologies to her. Without thinking twice, I snatched her phone on the table before she can reach it.

“Who is this?”, I pointed her phone to her face so she can see the caller.

“No one.”, she shortly answered.

“Who is this??”, I raised my voice again. She didn’t say anything and kept quiet.

“Hello?”, again, I didn’t think twice and just answered the call.

“Sica, what the hell???”, she widened her eyes shockingly and wanted to took the phone away but I slapped her hand. I walked away from her, she tried to follow me and grab her phone but I kept running away.

Babe? Are we still on for tonight?”, I heard a girl voice there calling her with soft voice.

WTF? Who is this girl???

“Who is this??”, I asked in a harsh tone.

Uh……Excuse me, but is Yuri there?”, I can hear that the girl sounds confuse that someone else answered Yuri’s phone.   

“Yuri is not available to talk right now!!”, I half scream and just ended the call abruptly.

“Sica?!!! Are you out of your mind???! You can’t just answer my phone like that?!?!”, she took her phone back and shouted at me.

Karma is really a . I regretted my decision to answer her phone. It felt damn hurt when I heard someone calling her so softly, asking her whereabout, even asked about their plan for tonight. This must she had feel when she listened to my conversation with my boyfriend earlier. I realized that regardless the fact that she may still be in love with me, or she still cares about me, she tried to move in, or maybe she has moved on. I mean, she is Yuri. Lots of girls would be dying to have her as the girlfriend. Suddenly an unpleasant feeling fulfill my stomach when I was imagining that there are lots of women out there who may become a perfect suitor for Yuri.    

“Who is that girl?”, I asked again. I just want to know and need to know who that girl is. I was fully aware that I was not in a position to ask her that question. But I can’t help it.   

“I told you no one!”, she insisted again in frustration.

“No one???”, I raised my voice again. “She asked about your date tonight!!”

“Why do you care anyway?? And you know what, you have no right to just invade my privacy and answered my phone just like that!!!”, she furiously pointed her fingers at me.   

“You said she is no one but she’s calling you ‘babe’?? Are you kidding me?? And you dare to accuse me sleeping around when you’re the one yourself who is sleeping around??”, I pointed back at her.

“Who cares?? I am single, I can do whatever I want. I can date whoever I want and I can sleep with whoever I want. AND FYI, THIS GIRL, WHO WERE JUST CALLING ME, NEVER REGRET THAT SHE SLEPT WITH ME!”, she yelled at me, in a very fierce tone.  

 

Y’s POV

“AND FYI, THIS GIRL, WHO WERE JUST CALLING ME, NEVER REGRET THAT SHE SLEPT WITH ME!”, I shouted at her, letting out all of my anger, my frustration and the pain when she said that she regret it when she slept with me, so I fired back at her.

She was taken aback once again. Her face tightened and it seemed that she will cry anytime soon.

Actually, I also panicked when I saw the girl’s name on my phone earlier. To be honest I was totally forgot that I have made an appointment to see that girl tonight. When Sica asked me to come to dinner in her house, my mind went blank and immediately clouded with my longing to see Sica. Yes, I still love Sica very much, but I also tried to move on. I tried to open my heart to other people and I didn’t want to drown myself in a sorrow. But it is just so hard to cooperate with my heart as I can’t force it to love someone else, maybe soon.. I hope.  I met this girl, who were just calling me and ended up yelled by HellSica, through my friend. She is pretty, of course, and it was fun to be with her. But I don’t think I am ready yet to have a relationship with her. She kept asking me about our status but I was always changed the topic. I can’t, I cannot have a relationship if I don’t think I can fully give my heart to her. Not when my heart still belongs to someone, who are now standing in front at me, having a fight with me. I didn't know why I had to hold back when Sica asked who she was, I didn't dare to say it out loud as if I was afraid to admit that I was dating freely at this time. Maybe somewhere there in my heart, I just wanted to make sure to Sica that there is still a spot that is available for her love. With what happened today, I might as well just say goodbye to the girl. But I couldn’t care less. The situation I was facing right now is more confusing than anything.

“Don’t try to compare me with her.”, she finally said after a minute of silence between us. I just kept quiet.

Honestly, she is nothing compared to you.   

“Do you like her?”, suddenly she asked. I can’t read her true intention based on her tone. There was sadness, curiosity, and a demand from the way she asked me that questions.

I scoffed. “So what if I like her and so what if I don’t like her?”

“So you really just sleep with whoever who want to sleep with you, even if you don’t like her? Where did you meet this girl?? Do you picked her up at the club?”, she asked again, mockingly this time.

“What????”, I stared at her in disbelief. “She is a nice girl!!! You don’t even know her, how come you just come with a judgement like that? And, you should know me better than that, Sica!”,

“She is nice?? She is nice because she did not regret every single time she slept with you? That is why you said that she is nice??”, her voice now becoming louder. There is no colleration whatsoever with what she was saying and I think she was just wanted to bring up the ‘regret’ thing again and again.

“What are you talking about? STOP, SICA STOP! ARE YOU CRAZY???”, I really really had to hold the urge to punch the wall right now.

“DON’T YOU DARE CALLING ME CRAZY!”, the crazy words made her very angry. I knew she never liked when someone called her crazy.

“THEN STOP TALKING NON-SENSE LIKE THIS!”

“AARGH! I AM SO SICK OF THIS. I AM SO SICK OF YOU!”.

That did it.

When she screamed at me with that words, it hit me hard.

 Ouch!

I stop talking instantly. I don’t have anymore energy to fight back. This has gone too far. I guess she was also surprise that she can blurted out something that so cruel to me. I felt a knife stabbed at my heart and my body went limp.  

“I….” she opened but nothing came out.  

“No..  I was…-“, before she can finish her sentence I already turned my body and abruptly took my belongings and walked to the door, ready to get out from her house. Meeting her tonight really was a bad idea. I can’t believe that it would end up like this. We were not supposed to fight, how come we even fight when she was not my girlfriend to begin with.

Suddenly I felt a pair of arms being wrapped around my waist and I felt a body hugged me from behind. I froze. I could feel that her body shaking and hear her crying. I feel my heart shattered when I come to realization of how much damage we have done to each other tonight. I grabbed her hand and held it tightly. I used all of my strength to hold my tears that threaten to fall soon.

 

J’s POV

I wanted to slap my own mouth so hard when I screamed at her face and said that I was sick of her. I knew I have gone too far this time. That was not true. Of course that was not true. I never sick of her, I will never be sick of her. I was clouded with so much anger that I just shouted whatever I had in my mind. I threw myself at her and held her from behind when I saw her turned her body and ready to walk out to the door. I cried and I cried, I didn’t care if I will make her shirt wet because of my tears. All of the feelings, love, pain, hurt, anger, jealousy, frustration, all come together with my tears. I can't believe myself that I was capable to hurt someone that I love like this. This is so wrong, I was so wrong. 

“Don’t go.”, I found myself whispered to her in between my sobbing.   

___________________________

A/N : Drama part 2. Jealousy makes people do crazy things.