chapter 12

after all these years

A/N : I was supposed to put the story in this chapter along with the previous chapter. But i still need to do some editing here and there. But its done now. So, here you go. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y’s POV

“I gave up on you, three times. I let you go, three times. And I must be the dumbest person on earth because I did that three freaking times. I don’t know what the hell I was thinking. Yul, please.. please come back to me. I will not let you go this time. Give me a chance, give us a chance again. Please. This time, we will make it right.. please..”,

I can’t believe what I just heard. Jessica is holding my hand,  begging for me to come back to her.

“What???”, I asked again. Still can’t believe my ear. Am I hearing it right? She wanted to get back together with me? Really?

“Yul? Did you hear what I said? Do I need to repeat?”, she narrowed her eyes and leaned closer to me. Maybe she wanted to make sure that I have not gone deaf.

I didn’t know how to respond. This was clearly not the scenario that I expected. I still can’t processed whatever she said to me earlier. But, isn’t it she still with her boyfriend? What is she trying to do? Does she see me as a spare part, so after she secure her position with me then she can break up with her boyfriend? My head was full of negative thoughts as all the memories about our fight came like a flashback in my head. Yes, I really wanted her to fight for me, but not like this. Not when she was still attached to someone else. Is this somekind of joke? Does she see me as a joke? I feel like I wanted to lash out to her for treating me as if I was her optional choice. But I didn’t want to make a scene here, there were too much people in here.

I stood up from the bench and looked at her. “Don’t toy with me, Sica. I am not a second choice.”

She looked back at me, dumbfounded. “What??”

Without saying anything again, I just turned around and went back to the club. I heard her calling my name several times. But I just kept walking and walking, I didn’t dare to look back. I need to get away from her or otherwise, there will be another useless fight again. In a rush I went back to our table and just grab a bottle of vodka and drink it shamelessly. I just wanted to forget that I saw her tonight, I wanted to forget the conversation that we had, maybe getting drunk would be a good option to forget all of that, even only for tonight. Before I took another big gulp on the vodka, suddenly a long hand appear and took the vodka from my hand.

“Slow down, Unnie. The night is still young.”, I saw Yoona’s face and she plopped herself beside me.

“Give it back, Yoong!”, I tried to take back the vodka but she didn’t let me.

“No! What is wrong with you?”, she said as we struggled to fight over the vodka bottle. “By the way, why are you alone? Where is Sica unnie? I thought she was with you.”

“I left her outside.”, I replied to her nonchalantly.

“What??”, Yoona widened her eyes. “Why??”

I just shrugged my shoulder. I saw Yoona’s expression changed as I think she was getting concerned. She took out her phone and call a number which I was pretty sure that it was Sica’s number. After seconds away she shook her head and mumbled worriedly. “She doesn’t pick up.”

“She is a big girl, Yoong. She will be fine.”, I said again to Yoona, my head started to feel dizzy because I think the alcohol’s effect had entered into my system. Yoona just ignored me and stood up from the couch.

“Stay here. I will look for Sica unnie.”, she replied then left. I didn’t bother to prevent Yoona to look for Sica. Who cares, it didn’t matter anymore anyway. My eyes landed on the vodka bottle that Yoona put back on the table.  

But again, before I could even reach it, I felt a smack on my head.

“Ouch! What the hell??”, I turned my head and saw Tiffany, glaring at me.

“Are you stupid? Why did you leave, Jessi?”, I knew from the tone she used, she demanded an answer from me and I had to explain it to her. Yoona must have told her about it.

“Fany-ah… don’t get angry with me. How come this become my fault??”, I whined to her. I think Tiffany heard my frustration from my voice. Her face then become softer and she sat next to me, holding my hand.

“I am sorry, Yul. It is just, I thought everything will be okay for you two. Tell me what happened, okay? I would be more helpful compared to that vodka bottle.”

I stared at Tiffany for a few seconds, thinking whether I should tell her or not. But maybe she is right, she would be more helpful than the vodka which only can give hangover the next day. “She asked me to get back together with her.”, I said, shortly, straight to the point.

Tiffany looked a little bit shock. “Really? Jessi did that?”

I just shrugged my shoulder. Tiffany went quiet for a while as if she was thinking what to ask me next. “But isn’t it what you wanted? I thought you still love her?”

“I am not a second choice, Fany-ah! Obviously she did that simply because she can’t choose between me and her boyfriend. If I accept, then maybe she will break it off with her boyfriend. But if not, she won’t lose anything anyway.”, I let out my frustration to Tiffany. I was ready to reach out for the vodka bottle again when I saw Tiffany is giving me a confuse and annoyed look. Suddenly she smacked my head again.

“Aaaww! YAH! Stop hitting me!” I protested and rubbed my head. Tiffany let out a sigh.

“Yul… Stop being judgmental like that. And you should you how Jessi is by now, isn’t it? I know Jessi. I know how high her pride is. If Jessi chose to be that bold and asked you to get back together with her, it means that she is THAT desperate. I am actually quite surprise she did that though.”, she chuckled a little before continuing. “Well..I am not in a position to tell you whether she is still with her boyfriend or not, but do you think she is that stupid that she lowered her pride for you if she is in that kind of situation? She must have her reason, Yul. Otherwise, she might as well just pretend like nothing happen when she saw you.”

I just kept quiet. Actually, what Tiffany said did make sense. But I was still torn. I was so scared that this will lead to a sequel of my heart-broken. Our conversation interrupted when Tiffany’s phone beeped. She read it and a little smile formed on her lips.

“I know where she is if you want to talk to her.”

Do I dare to face Sica again?       

 

J’s POV

“What???”, I asked in confusion when suddenly Yuri stood up and said not to toy with her, that she is not a second choice. I really don’t understand. But before I can explain, she turned away and walking fast back to the club.

“Yul..!! Wait!! Yul!!!”, I kept calling her but not once did she stop and look at me. I can’t believe that she left me alone here. I didn’t know whether I should get angry, or sad, or crying. I have done everything that I could and I poured all of my feelings to her to show how much I want her back. Heck, I didn’t even care if I sounded desperate when I begged to her. Not once it occurred in my head to lower the self-pride of an ice princess just for love. But I was willing to do it, and I did it, because of her! I have risked everything, for her! I took my chance and did an extreme move and embarrased myself (at least for me its extreme move) because I knew that if I didn’t make a move, maybe there will be no more hope for us.  

Is this what I got? She left me just like that? She didn’t even give a chance to me to explain. I was torn in between to chase her or just to ignore it. But it was humiliating enough to beg for someone’s love and ended up being left dumbfounded like that. Should I chase her and begging her once again to give me chance to explain?   

I froze at the bench for don’t know how long. There were so many meticulous things in my head right now. I literally didn’t know what to do next. My phone suddenly rang, awaken me. I saw Yoona’s number beeping there, along with her beautiful face indicating the caller ID. If I can guess, Yoona must be with Yuri now. That is why she tried to call me to look for me. I didn’t think that I want to deal with it right now so I just ignore it. She was calling again for the second time but I kept ignoring the call. I decided to call Soojung after there is no further calling attempt from Yoona. I have to get out from here. I will just text Sooyoung later and made some excuses.  

“Unnie?! Where are you?”, she answered my call happily.

“I was still here, in the club. Can you meet me at the park near the Han River?”, I made it quick as I just wanted to leave this place as soon as possible.  

“What? Why? What happened?”, now her tone changed into a concerned one.

“I don’t want to talk about it, Soojung. Just meet me there okay.”, with that saying, I think Soojung already understand that things not went very well between me and Yuri. She just replied that she will be there in around half an hour as she was not home at the moment. I got up from my seat and gave my valet ticket. I was waiting my car nervously and thank God my car arrived quickly before somebody can find me here.

I just smiled weakly when I saw Soojung at the park. I knew she wanted to ask me a lot of things that happened tonight but she respects me and just kept quiet. She knew what I need is her companion. We just stood there facing the river in silent.

“What did you tell Sooyoung unnie that you left?”, Soojung broke the silence.

I shrugged my shoulder. “I haven’t thought about it. I will just say I was sick, food poisoning or something.”

“Do they know you are here?”, Soojung asked again. I shook my head.

Soojung’s phone beeped and strangely, when I automatically looked at her, she made a somewhat secretive gesture. “Who is it?”, I asked in curiosity.  

She looked back at me and grinned. “Oh, just Amber.”, then I saw her texting a reply.

I move my eyes back to the river. It is so calm in here.

You really don’t want me anymore, Yul?