Final Chapter

after all these years

J’s POV  

My serenity of enjoying the calmness of the river got disturbed suddenly when I saw Soojung waved her hand to someone. My eyes immediately follow to her direction and I found someone, wearing a cap and mask with big scarf covering her neck, walking towards us. By seeing the tall figure, I was sure that the person is Yuri. Is she following us here? I felt my heart skipped a bit when Yuri was getting closer to us.

She is now standing so close to me. She opened her mask and said thank you to Soojung. I was about to ask but she cut me.

“Don’t blame Soojung, okay. I think Yoona asked her where you are… Yoona also drove me here.”, she explained quickly. I glared at Soojung but she just smirked. “Bye Unnie.”, she dashed out immediately and ran to her car. I really wanted to smack her head but I think I didn’t have any energy to even chase her. When Soojung disappear, I found myself standing face to face with Yuri. Once again, we just stared each other for a moment. When I saw her hidden face behind the cap, I realize that I have to fight for her, that I need her in my life. I don’t care if I have to beg for a million times, as long as she come back to me, I will do it. Because she is worth it.

“Yul, please…l..let me.. let me explain.. Please don’t go or runaway again, okay..“ I stuttered. She still stared at me, with both of her hands hidden in her pocket of her long coat. “Look,  what I said earlier at the club… it was all true.. But you have to know, you are not a toy to me, of course you never be a toy to me. You are not my second choice either, yes maybe in reality you see me with him, but in my heart you were always be above everyone.”

I moved closer to her. She still didn’t move an inch from her spot. “And you should now, I… I broke it off with him. You know I tried Yul.. I tried.. for God knows how long I tried. But, this heart won’t cooperate with my head. Its stubborn as hell and it did not want to let you go. And I can’t do this to him. He is a nice guy, he deserves better, and I deserve to be happy too, with you... I hope.”, I lowered my face. I was so close to lose my confidence already as she really didn’t say anything, just stood there like a statue.

I pushed myself to continue. She had to know everything, I need to tell her how I feel so she knows that I was deadly serious about this, that I was willing to sacrifice everything for her. “I am sorry it took me that long to finally be bold and admit my feelings for you. I have mixed feeling for all this time and I didn’t know how to handle it. I really wanted to be brave and get back together with you, but I was not sure. I couldn’t do that alone and I would need assurance from you. I need you to convince myself, to figure out my feelings. After what happened, I thought you don’t love me and don’t want me anymore.”, I said. “But I know that I was being selfish if I think like that, if I have to just wait for you….so… ”  

I have lost words to explain further. I didn’t even know whether I should keep talking. With her watching me in silent like that, I felt like I already lose hope. I felt my body shivered, I was not sure whether it was because of the wind of this cold night, or because the thought that I will be losing her forever, for real.

“Yul.. say something, please..”, I can’t stand it. She tormented me with a long silence that she created now. “Yul..please just say something.. anything..”, I heard my voice cracked and I begin to cry. I really could not hold this tears anymore. 

“Yul, what do you want? Do you want me to repeat all the things I said to you over and over again? Do you need to hear it a million times more? I will do it Yul.. I will do it so you will believe me..”, my body was shaking because I was crying hard now. “Just…j..just say it i..if you want that. I d..don’t mind if I have to b..beg for you to come back to me, if you need me down o..on my.. k..knees, begging for yo..your love... I can prove that ---“

Suddenly she pulled me in a hug, and let me cried my heart out in her warm embrace.   

 

Y’s POV

I literally closed my mouth completely and just watched her as she gave me an explanation and declared her love. When she said that she broke up with her boyfriend, a hope creeped in my heart and a happiness filling in my whole body. Did she really do that for me? I mentally smiled in my head due to that thinking. When she explained about her mixed feeling, somehow I can understand that for all this time she was feeling insecure about my feelings towards her, that she needed me to become her rock to finally admit her feelings for me.

I wanted to say something but I really didn’t know what to say. Is this for real? Is this a dream? I was still stood there, watching her talking in silent. Her voice begin to crack and she started to cry when she begged me to respond. Watching her cry and looked so vulranable in front of me,  it hit me. All this time, I was in denial and told myself that I was happy, I was ready to commit, I don’t need her anymore and so on so forth. But who am I kidding, the truth is only her what matters to me. She was my happiness.

“Yul, what do you want? Do you want me to repeat all the things I said to you over and over again? Do you need to hear it a million times more? I will do it Yul.. I will do it so you will believe me..”, her body was shaking because she was crying really hard now. She can’t even deliver all the things she wanted to say clearly and her face now was drenched with tears that kept flowing non-stop. “Just…j..just say it i..if you want that. I d..don’t mind if I have to b..beg for you to come back to me. if you need me down o..on my.. k..knees, begging for yo..your love...I can prove that ---“

I didn’t let her finish and I pulled her in my embrace and I held her tight.  

“I love you, Sica. I love you so much. I never stop loving you. Not once.”, I abruptly said the word love over and over again uncontrollably. Finally I could say the words that I was unable to say to her, finally I can tell her how much I love her. Instead of saying she loves me back, she buried her head more onto my neck and kept crying and crying.

“Ssshh.. Sica.. Its okay… I am here.. Its okay..”, I her back and calmed her down.

I waited until she finished crying and her breath become steady. I let her body go from my embrace and wiped her remaining tears.

I caressed her cheek and looked at her lovingly. “Don’t cry, Sicababy. I am here and I am not going anywhere and not planning to..Your seobang is here, for you.. ”, I said.

I saw her eyes glowing when I used our pet name for each other. “So…is that a yes or…?”, she asked me carefully. “Are you willing to try again with me?”

I just nodded and smiled. She is so cute. She threw herself at me and hugged me again, so tight. I can’t believe that this happened, I can’t believe that this day would come. I thought today I will end everything with her, we will finally let go each other. I was ready to let her go, but never ever crossed my mind that she had the gut to actually fight for me and choose our love in the end. I closed the gap between us and kissed her. It felt different, it tasted different. Because now I kissed her knowing that she is mine again, knowing that her lips is completely mine. I felt butterfly flying around in my stomach. But I love it, I love the feeling of it. 

“I can’t believe you were the one who actually begging, though.”, I chuckled once we broke the kiss.

“YAH!”, she slapped my arms. “I didn’t beg. I was asking.”, she glared at me and pouted. I knew she was embarrassed.

“Oookkaayy, princess. Whatever you say..”, I continued teasing her and smiling cheekily.

“Aaahh.., shut up.. shut up.. shut up.”, she kept punching my arms.

“If you want me to stop teasing you, say pleaseee…”, I said again playfully. It was so fun teasing her like this. An ice princess, lowered her pride and actually begging for my love.  She pouted again.

So cute, my princess.

“Ugh, stop pouting, baby. It makes me wanted to do this..”, I said as I was ready to kiss her again.

“Wait!”, she held back before my lips can touch hers “What again this time?”, it was my turn to pout. 

 

J’s POV

“What again this time?”, she asked as I refused to welcome her kiss.

“I need to clear everything before we start again. He is still my business partner and we will remain friends. You need to accept that and please don’t be jealous of him. You have to trust me because, believe me…”, I took her hand and put it on my chest. “This heart only belongs to you.”

“Pfft..”, she scoffed and rolled her eyes. “I know. He will never win with me when it comes to you anyway.”, she grinned playfully.

“Yah! You are so full of yourself.”, I slapped her chest lightly.

“Hey! I got the girl in the end.”, she stated as she smiled proudly.  

“Okaay fine… you win, Seobang.”, I giggled and kissed her cheek. “Anyway, you want to go back to the club? I am sure Sooyoung would be mad if I just abandon her party like that and moreover, kidnapping you here. We just ride my car, okay. ”, I held her hand and guided us to where I parked my car. It feels good to be in her arms again. I felt warmth in my whole body as we intertwined our fingers. I feel save again, I feel loved again, I feel like a teenager who is in love again.  Finally, after all these years, I found myself back in her arms again, we found our happy ending.  

“Btw, you drive okay? I need to fix my make up since it was all ruined, because of you.”, she pouted again as she showed her swollen eyes.  

“You are beautiful to me. With or without make up. But okay, I will drive. ”, I replied and pulled her closer to me.

Once we went back to the club and settled in our table, Sooyoung and the others were already waiting for us. Sooyoung raised her eyebrow when she examined our intertwined hands and our smiling face.  

“Stop smiling like an idiot, lovebirds.”, Sooyoung said while she standing in front of us with her arms folded, grinning widely. “And hey! Don’t steal my thunder, tonight is still my night, you know..”, she said then she pouted.

“Uhhmm..sorry.. we are just… no.. we..”, before Yuri can say anything, Sooyoung let out a playful laugh and gave us a hug. “Nah, kidding! I am happy for you two.”

“Look at you two!!” suddenly Hyoyeon popped out of nowhere and joined Sooyoung to give us a big tight hug.

“FINALLY, after 1000 years…”, there Tifanny with her loud voice, showing her signature eye smile and jumped into the hug as well.

“Congratulations Unnies..”, Yoona and Soehyun also came to us and smile widely. “By the way, Sooyoung Unnie, I believe you owe me some money.”, Yoona tapped Sooyoung shoulder and let her palm open to receive some money that she claimed it was supposed to be hers.

“.”, Sooyoung groaned. “Fine. I will pay you after the party, okay” Then she looked and pointed at us two. “Not only you steal my thunder, you also make me broke.”

“Hyoyeon Unnie, I believe you also owe me some money.”, Yoona then approached Hyoyeon, only to be greeted by a confuse Hyoyeon.

“What?? I don’t even remember we have a bet”, she tried to defend herself.

“We made the bet 2 years ago. You said Sica unnie will get married to her boyfriend and Yuri unnie will drown herself into Han River. But I said...”, before Yoona can finish, Hyoyeon already cut her because she saw Yuri glaring at her. “Okay okay I remember. Fine! I lost and I will pay you.”, she smiled cheekily and just stuck out her tongue out to me and Yuri.

Suddenly, I heard Tiffany groaned and gave Seohyun some money too. Tiffany just looked at both of me and Yuri and grinned, seemed like a little bit guilty but not really. Seohyun, on the other hand, smiling happily for winning the bet I think.

The exchanging money scene left me and Yuri dumbfounded. “You guys… seriously? You make a bet out of our relationship?”, I sent my ultimate death icy glare to each one of them. But I heard Yuri just chuckled besides me and held my hand.

“I am sorry Sica unnie.”, now Seohyun talked and tried to explain. “But Fany unnie said that  both of you are that stupid and will not be bold enough to fight for each other so at the end, you both just let each other slipped away again. But I have faith in you both and see now, I am right.”, she ended her explanation with a proud smile on her face. She is so cute I didn’t have a heart to give her my death glare so I smiled too and hugged her tightly.

“Thank you Maknae for having faith in both of us.”

 

Y’s POV

“Guys?! What are you doing there? Come here will ya. Let’s get the party started. Woohooo…”, I heard Sunny screaming and calling us from the dancefloor.

We all smiled to each other and ready to make a move to join Sunny and Taeyeon. I saw Taeyeon glanced at me and I just nodded and smiled at her as if to make sure that it was aright now between me and Sica. She smiled back but, weirdly I swear I could see a gloomy look on her eyes. Maybe she was drunk already. I held Sica’s hand to make sure that she was not going anywhere tonight. It feels… unbelievable that she is now mine again. I felt like i wanted to jumping all night long in this club. Finally, after all these years, with all the drama that we went through, her heart found its way back to mine. She is mine, tonight, today, tomorrow and forever I hope.

“Are you really going to drown yourself in the Han River if I get married?”, suddenly Sica whispered. I looked at her and found her grinning widely. I felt my face blushed. I am going to kill Yoona to disclose such information.

“No.”

I saw Sica’s expression changed and gave me a disappointed look. “YAH! You really want to see me die? I will be a ghost and haunt you everyday then.”,

She kissed my cheek and smiled. “I don’t mind if the ghost is you.”

I looked at her with confuse face. “That’s… creepy and chessy at the same time though.. You’re weird, princess.”

“But you will love me no matter what, right Seobang?”, she asked when we were at the dance floor, she wrapped her hand on my neck while I settled my hands on her hips.

I pulled her closer and whispered. “Always, Sicababy. Always have and always will.”

After all these years, finally we become one again.

----------------------------------------

A/N: The third time is a charm indeed for them. Yulsic together again, consider this as my early Christmas present to you all :p

Anyway, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone.