Reunited

Flowers

Tiffany waited anxiously outside the hospital, moving around. She had actually arrived in record time. She was over the limit speed. But, whatever. Yuri needs her.

As Jessica had said, Yuri had been left breathless, another of the problems of the disease. It's quite possible that there are already several roots in her lungs or that even instead of loose petals what passed through her body was a whole flower. She only hoped that in that case it was not a rose; its thorns would do even more damage.

Tiffany was almost hyperventilating. She was losing Yuri. Her partner. Her friend. Her family. A tear rolled down her cheek and she stormed out. No. She couldn't cry. She wouldn't anticipate events.

Suddenly a siren was heard and the American woman became alert. An ambulance appeared before her eyes and braked beside her. The doors opened quickly and she could see Jessica Jung, the one and only, sitting next to two nurses, who seemed to be doing something with a young woman lying down: Yuri.

A team of doctors approached and helped to lower the stretcher, quickly took a look and once again helped the rest to get her inside the hospital.

Jessica got out of the ambulance shaking and when she saw Tiffany she almost collapsed. The brunette quickly took her in her arms and hugged her.

"Yuri... Yuri..." whispered the older one in tears. Her hands full of blood stained Tiffany's pink shirt, which she couldn't care less about at this moment.

"I got you, Jessica. I got you."

------

A few minutes later they were in the hospital waiting room. Jessica calmer, but with Tiffany still by her side hugging her.

"I saw the flowers, the blood... Is it really...?"

"Yes. Almost a month ago. I didn't want to believe it either at first, but seeing her throw the petals in front of you, you have to accept it."

"I guess this is what she was going to tell me after dinner," the older one spoke to herself.

"Huh?"

"I just got to Korea. "I went to Yuri's house a few hours ago and saw her and felt strange. She noticed and said she'd tell me later, that she wanted to take the opportunity to talk to me quietly for a while."

"I see..." nodded the brunette.

"You don't seem surprised to see me."

"No, I was surprised a few days ago when while I was taking care of Yuri from her fever I saw a message coming from you to her cell phone" explained Tiffany looking at the ceiling of the room. White as snow.

Jessica frowned. "Yuri hasn't said anything to me."

"I didn't ask her to explain. It's none of my business" Tiffany shrugged. "I haven't discussed it with the others either."

"I... uh... thank you."

Tiffany smiled.

"Do the others know, then?" Jessica asked when they were brought into the conversation.

"Yes, little by little they have found out" Tiffany nodded. "Well, not all."

"Taeyeon?" Jessica asked again.

Tiffany closed her eyes. "Yes."

Jessica then wondered why Taeyeon had gone to Yuri's house a few hours ago.

"Tiffany, I have to tell you something. It's about Taeyeon. Earlier, at Yuri's..." Jessica could not finish the explanation when some voices reached her ears and, the owners of those voices were running towards her. Needless to say, she recognized them.

"Unnie!"

"Tiffany!"

"Where is she?!"

Yoona, Hyoyeon, and Sunny were all rushing towards them. Tiffany got up and welcomed them with a group hug.

"Yuri... They're treating her."

"But what happened?" asked Sunny paler than usual.

"I think she can answer that," answered Tiffany making gestures towards the young woman sitting down while she hid her face with her hair. 

"Who...?" started Hyoyeon before she quickly fell silent.

Jessica had finally lifted her face after preparing all she could. Then she also got up from her chair and looked at the three newcomers.

"Hi."

"B-but... what are you...?" Sunny asked, taking a couple of steps toward her.

"Doing here? I was with Yuri when she had the attack," she quickly explained somewhat uncomfortably from the looks she was getting. "I... uh..."

She couldn't finish because a body came over her and held her tightly. It was Yoona, who finally let the tears fall from her eyes. Jessica hugged her too.

"I think we can talk about the past some other time. The important now is Yuri" said Hyoyeon approaching as well and gently touching the deer-eyed girl's back.

Jessica nodded. Sunny hugged Tiffany as hard as she could.

A while later, Sooyoung and Seohyun arrived. The maknae went straight into the arms of the dancing queen as she dropped her tears. The tallest one, stood among the rest and spoke.

"Wh-what happened? Where's Yuri? Is that blood on your shirt, Tiffany?" she asked quickly without even breathing.

"Blood? Oh, it must have been Jessica" she said calmly.

"Je-...?" and that's when she saw her. The American. In the farthest chair. She looked so immersed in her things, her legs tucked in the seat and her head between them, that she didn't notice any other people.

The maknae parted from the blonde and looked too. Hyoyeon smiled at her and gave her a slight nudge. Seo finished her walk and reached out to her.

"Unnie?" she asked timidly.

Jessica this time was startled by the voice so clear and close. She looked up and saw her little girl. She looked at the others and noticed Sooyoung there.

Seohyun took the American's hands and lifted her from her seat. Then she held her tightly. Sooyoung joined in two seconds.

Jessica, not quite sure why started sobbing. SooSeo noticed it and also let out the load they were carrying. 

The others approached and joined in. They were together again. They just wished it had been under different circumstances.

----

A while later, with everyone calm, Jessica explained everything that had happened that afternoon at Yuri's house: Taeyeon's visit, the meeting, Taeyeon's leaving, the attack...

"I don't know why Taeyeon would have gone to Yuri's house, but she seemed pretty nervous before she even see me there," Jessica finished. And she was right, as soon as she entered the room and saw her, she noticed her shoulders tense and her hands twisted nervously. Clearly seeing her, it all got more pronounced.

"Do you think that she noticed something and that's why she went there, to ask for an answer?" asked Sunny knowing that no matter how slow Taeyeon was in some things, this would end up being known.

"Seeing Jessica, she must have thought that they had been seeing each other secretly and that's why the awkward moments" answered Hyoyeon. She knew for sure that Taeyeon, if she hadn't stayed to ask for explanations, would have thought of something like this.

"Well, technically, that's true," Jessica muttered. Everyone looked at her. "Yuri and I never stopped talking or seeing each other."

"Really?" asked Yoona in surprise.

Jessica nodded. "She promised to investigate and try to find out why... you know. Obviously I told her not to worry, which is something that had to be overcome, but she insisted.

"And... and you know something?" asked the maknae of the group timidly.

"Something," Jessica laughed.

Everyone knew that talk had a lot to say, but it wasn't the time or place. So they kept quiet.

"Where is Taeyeon?" asked Sooyoung, changing the subject.

"Knowing her, she must have turned off her cell phone," answered Tiffany. "The last thing she'll want is to have anyone around right now. She likes to be alone."

"You'll forgive me for what I'm about to say but right now I don't give a damn about that," said Hyoyeon. "Yuri is being treated and when she finds out she'll feel worse about not being here. I'm going to get her."

Everyone understood Hyo perfectly. And they felt the same way. They knew that Tae is a very closed-in person, and that she needs her space, but they also knew that, as the blonde said, if she finds out all of this too late will be worse.

"Wait, Hyo" said Jessica as the dancing queen got up. "I'll go."

"Huh? Are you sure, unnie?" asked Yoona.

Jessica nodded. "I am."

"Do you need the address?" asked Sooyoung this time as she watched the American girl march.

"Just because we haven't spoken in years doesn't mean I haven't asked Yuri for you."

Sooyoung's heart warmed up, as did everyone else's.

------

*ding dong*

Taeyeon sighed. She did not feel like seeing anyone right now. She covered herself more with the blanket, waiting for whoever it was to leave.

*ding dong*

"Pay no attention. Pay no attention."

*ding dong* *ding dong*

*ding d-*

The door burst open with a grumpy Taeyeon behind it determined to scare away whoever was bothering her at this time of night. But then she was the surprised one.

"Jessica?"

"Hi, Taeyeon."

"What are you...? How do you know where...? Look, it doesn't matter. You should go, I'm tired," she said as she closed the door again.

"Yuri is in the hospital," said the American directly. The door never closed. In fact, it opened again quickly.

"What?"

"Get dressed, I'll tell you on the way" ordered the young woman without hesitation.

Taeyeon swallowed as she looked around with her eyes wide open. Her mind was in one place, her heart in another. But her head was able to nod. Then she entered the house, leaving the door open, and dressed as quickly as she could. She took her cell phone, which she , and the keys and went outside.

-----

Hey, gurls!

In the next chapter Taengsic are going to talk about the past and Yuri. (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

And we will know how Yuri is. My baby gurl.

 

Sorry for the mistakes, anyway.