Petals

Flowers

Kwon Yuri was having a normal day. Very normal. She woke up, did her yoga exercises, had breakfast, played with her dog for a while and now she was lying on the sofa talking on the phone with Tiffany, who was still in the US but would be back in Korea in a couple of days.

"I miss you so much, Yuri," she said.

"You miss sleeping hugging me like a koala," replied the brunette laughing.

"Well, yes, but it's the same thing. I want to see you and that's it" the woman defended herself with a beautiful smile while she was blushing. Yuri had always been her favorite pillow and when they had a day off she liked to take advantage of the moment.

"I want it too. We haven't seen each other in a while. Well, I haven't seen the others for almost a month now either" confessed the black pearl sadly.

"Well, each one has its own problems. Some of us don't stop traveling," Tiffany started thinking about the agenda of her friends. "Especially Taeyeon right now. Between the new album, the concerts, signatures, metings, add to that Frozen 2."

There it was again. Taeyeon. As if that name and its owner didn't spend enough time in Yuri's head here they came again.

Tiffany kept talking about the group but Yuri's head was already somewhere else.

That's when she noticed something in . She swallowed saliva but nothing. The feeling was still there. Little by little she was tickling more and Yuri had no choice but to cough dissimulately until she had no choice but to get back on the couch and cough hard.

"Yuri? Yuri, are you all right?" asked Tiffany, listening to her friend cough too much.

"Yes, yes, don't worry," she coughed more. "I was drinking water and it's gone the other way. Why had she lied? 

"Yuri, pabo. Don't scare me," sighed the slightly calmer American.

Yuri coughed a couple more times with her free hand in . When she withdrew it, she noticed something in it. A small flower petal. White, like snowflakes.

"Yuri opened her eyes like plates as she saw the whiteness in her trembling hand.

"Yuri, are you sure you're all right?" asked Fany again, noting that something was wrong.

"I'm a little tired, Fany, do you mind if I go to bed?" asked Yuri in a completely emotionless voice and still looking at the petal.

"Of course. Go and rest," Tiffany nodded. "I'll come and see you when I get to Korea. Take care of yourself. I love you."

"I love you too," answered the brunette before hanging up and leaving her cell phone by her side.

This is not what it looked like. No, it wasn't. Hanahaki was a fictitious disease. There was no way it could have happened. She had NOT coughed up a flower skin.

This is a dream. Yes, a dream. She was dreaming right now.

Yuri rose trembling, dropped the petal on the sofa and headed to her room. She climbed into bed and covered herself completely. When she woke up she would see that everything is normal. A normal day. That was it. A totally normal one. 

-----

Three days later, Tiffany Hwang was happily heading towards the house of her black pearl. She had returned from her U.S. tour last night and it was time to see her girls again.

She rang the doorbell. No one answered. She called again. Nothing.

"How strange," thought Fany.

She took her cell phone and called. She could clearly hear the sound inside the house.

"Yuri, why don't you open up?" she wondered less and less quietly.

Tiffany doubted whether to leave or enter. She knew the combination perfectly well. After a few seconds, her protective vein started and marked the combination. She came in closing the door and saw that everything was dark.

"Yuri?" she asked to nothing. "Are you here?"

She heard no answer, but a sound of sheets moving. Even in the dark, Tiffany knew the way to her room without problems so she went there. She approached the bed, the bedside light and clearly saw a bundle under the sheets.

"Yuri?" she asked again and slowly and very carefully removed the clothes that covered her friend.

There Yuri was, wrapped up in herself, in comfortable clothes, her hair covering her face completely and trembling. Around her she saw flower petals, which the newcomer missed.

"Yuri..." sighed Tiffany carrying her hand to the brunette's head to remove the hair from her face.

Noticing the movement, Yuri opened her eyes and stared at her guest. Her eyes noticed concern. Yuri opened but soon another attack of cough imunde her. She rejoined quickly with Tiffany's help. Her hands covered as a reflex.

When she calmed down, Yuri withdrew her hands in fear. Four flower petals were there. As she looked up she found Tiffany's eyes wide open looking too.

"Fany-ah..." began Yuri with a very raspy and hoarse voice of not having spoken in days and of coughs. Tiffany looked up and saw tears form in Yuri's eyes. "Help me..."

-------

Yuri was calmer than these last few days. She hugged Tiffany in her bed, who surrounded her with her arms as if they were going to take her away from her life. Yuri had her head resting on the American's chest as she placed kisses from time to time on the brunette's head.

Yuri noticed that Tiffany also knew about hanahaki disease. You only had to see her reaction to seeing the petals. But she said nothing more. She only hugged her and consoled her as tears streamed down the cheeks of the highest.

"It's... It's Taeyeon" confessed the black pearl bringing her head closer to her friend's chest and gripping her shirt tightly on her back.

"I know," replied the oldest. It was no secret that Yuri had feelings for the leader. It's quite possible that everyone knew something. All except Taeyeon herself. It was such an intimate thing that if Yuri hadn't told them anything, they wouldn't either, it was none of their business. But now...

"Don't tell her, please," Yuri asked. "She has enough and I don't want her to feel guilty for not... not..."

"Feel the same?" helped the oldest.

"Yes..."

"I won't tell anything."

"Thank you."

They fell into a silence like that and Yuri ended up sleeping in her friend's arms. Tiffany, however, couldn't stop thinking about what was going on. So she took her cell phone out of her pocket and researched the disease on the Internet. The symptoms and the speed of the disease changed depending on the person.

Tiffany almost smiled when she saw that there was a cure. A surgery. But Yuri's feelings for Taeyeon would disappear. Maybe even her memories of her.

Tiffany felt selfish in thinking, for one second, that she didn't care about those feelings, that what she wanted was Yuri alive. But that's not something she could choose. There was so much to look at, to talk about... "Oh God, what am I going to do?" she thought.

Just then she received a message from Sooyoung con their group. Next week they all had several days off so she asks them to go together to a house they had on the beach reserved for them.

All of them replied immediately yes, that they were looking forward to it and that it would be great for them. Tiffany left her mobile next to her and looked at the woman hugging her.

"What are we going to do?" she asked again.