Stay A Little More

Make It Better
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been 2 years since their freedom. 

Jiyong was in the hospital after his morning classes, getting rehabilitation to learn how to walk. 

The doctor was impressed with his eerily quick progress. He didn't tell them he would practice moving his legs all by himself at wee hours of the night.

He was still unable to walk for more than few minutes before collapsing. His legs losing their nerves when he was off the machine... but Jiyong couldn't complain. The feeling of even walking a few minutes without a hold was so immensely thrilling, no other emotion could compare to it.

Seungri would come by the end of the day from his cooking school and push Jiyong's wheelchair back home from the hospital. They lived in a humble apartment with a minimalistic design and a few art sketches here and there that Seungri had made by getting inspired by the others' writings.

Time passed very calmly and soon they both would have a career waiting for them. Just a few more months until they had both graduated.

But, things did not go as planned. 

Sometime later, Seungri would become severely ill. 

He would struggle to eat and would have sharp pains around his pelvic area. 

A few days later, he would walk with a limp. 

 

"Please get me an ambulance!" Jiyongs' voice is shrill and strained. He breaks down into uncontrollable sobs the minute the line goes off and the woman on the other end assures him an ambulance will be reaching him in a few. He is cradling Seungris' thin and weak body in his arms, "You will be okay! The ambulance is on it's way!"

"Y...ou...should.. no..t..." Is the others' shaky answer. 

"What the is wrong with you!? No one will know you there! I will be there to protect you! Stop talking! Please just don't strain yourself!"

"J...iyon...g... I-" tears start filling at the corner of Seungris' eyes, "I'm...sorry..."

"What!?" Jiyongs' lips quiver and he is shaking even more frantically than before, "For what!? There is nothing to apologise for!" 

Theres' a faint smile on the others' lips just as the sirens are heard outside. 

 

 

"He..." The doctor takes a deep breath, "I'm shocked he lived that long with such a brutal wound on his body...." He sighs then, as if in disbelief of his report, "How could someone go through what he did... and still live this long?" 

"Please tell me what is wrong with him, doctor." Jiyong demands firmly. 

The said person gives him a long look, as if reading his expressions to deliver the news according to it. 

"He has something called... necrosis... it occurs when cells in particular part of the body start dying..."

Jiyongs' ears catch on the word 'dying', "What? What will happen to him?" He unintentionally scratches his wheelchairs' armrest, the torn material and his reddening finger tips are visible. 

"The place where he was damaged in the past... I believe it is due to the trauma... the chemical burning his skin that the reaction was so slow, b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter