Notable, Curious

Make It Better
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong couldn't stay any longer. 

He needed to visit the pond. 

The pond was connected to a river far away and he had planned to follow along the ponds' trails to that river so he can rejuvenate his senses and see if something new hits him. 

Then the very next week the newbie arrived who made his world topsy turvy. 

 

It had been two days since he had spoken to him after the revelation. It was difficult to even keep eye contact for long. The room had started suffocating him and he couldn't find the will to do his usual routine before bed. 

He decided to leave today for sure. 

He didn't care if Seungri felt if something was amiss. He needs to leave this place. 

He plans carefully the next day and calls his caretaker to the room before lunch time.

"I want to eat below with everyone. I am tired of staying in my room." 

"No problem, I will take you downstairs in a while when lunch is set up, Sir." Seungri says before leaving the room.

Jiyong puts his notebad and pens under his wheelchair holder. He waits patiently, seated now.

"Alright, I'll be taking you down now." Seungri comes in and starts to push his chair. They start descending from the slide especially made for the handicapped, "What seat will you take?" 

Jiyong points at his usual spot - the corner of the hall where he can slip out of sight easily. 

He is placed there and is served his meal. He looks up to see Seungri smiling and telling him to enjoy his meal - then leaves to do other chores. 

Jiyong stuffs the food in his mouth and starts moving out of the table and towards the back door. He quickly makes the exit into the open air of the outside world. 

He breathes deeply and smiles, he chews the rest of his food that was in his mouth and starts rolling his wheelchair towards his beloved destination. He descends down the usual route and reaches the pond, reminding himself to follow the stream. Today was special. 

After a much rocky and uncomfortable journey, he settles himself between the estuary of the river and sea. The view was breathtaking and incredible. The air was crisp and he felt his soul renewed. The sound of the waves softly rushing into the narrow stream of the river calmed him.

He pulls out his book and pen and looks around. 

He sees the tiniest school of fishes in the sides of the riverbed. He remembered how they don't appear as much in the pond due to lots of animal activity and how the habitat is dangerous there for them. 

He starts writing. 

He writes about how even animals have the intuition of not testing unknown waters. They stay away from a territory unknown to them as it means death. They hunt only what is near them or wait patiently for their feed. They are careful not to get too close to predators. They make sure they're never completely alone. 

Then why do humans prefer the opposite? Why do we put ourselves in harms way? Why do we test unknown waters? 

He looks back at the fishes again and then into his memory of the pond and how those few fishes were surviving there with only two or three more fi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter