One in Mind and Soul

Make It Better
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong eventually meets Chaerin at a high-end restaurant. 

They chat in between bites about the success of the song and how Chaerin managed the set up and dance moves for the stage and how Jiyong came up with the idea for her song. 

"Wow... your friend really knows how to spur your imagination!"  She giggled. "It is even more amazing how intensely you felt his words, though! You really cried?" She asks as she takes a bite of her mashed potatoes and steak. 

"I really did! I just imagined someone I loved and it happened!" He gulps down his morsel of the same and looks at her. Her smile had grown wider. 

"Oh? You have someone you love?" 

Before he answers in affirmitive, Jiyong reminds himself how the outside world views same- relationships. He rethinks and decides he doesn't need to tell her who it was. 

"Yes."

"Is it your friend?" 

"Ye-" and he gasped. Chaerin' smile became mischevious caught you! It said.

 "You don't need to worry. I actually guessed it because you haven't spoken of anyone else except him in our conversation. You also live with him! That's why it was easy for me to figure it out."

Tch! Jiyong's annoyed at himself for giving away so easily. Though, he was impressed with how accepting she was of the idea. 

"You think it's alright?"

"It is. Why should I judge you for it? Especially being in the entertainment industry means you are exposed to these things a lot. So it is quite normal for me. However, I do wish we had something too." 

At that, Jiyong blushed. He liked her too, honestly, who wouldn't? Her personality wasn't the one to be ignored. He did like her but, Seungri was still occupying most of his mind. So he would rather call his feelings, admiration for now.

"I'm glad you think so highly of me..." he didn't want to make her feel like she didn't interest him, "I love him. I really do. But our relationship is quite different than you may think." 

She remained silent. So, he continued.

"I don't know if it has to do with what he has told me about his past or if it's because of the current situation he is in..." he in a breath, he didn't realize how much weight he was carrying in his chest until he was letting it out, "I do not feel any ual attraction. Actually, I can never imagine doing anything with him. His presence alone makes me very happy.... I wish to stay by his side until his end." 

Chaerin' brows knitted, she suddenly looked very tense, "... His end?"

He swallowed. He kept swallowing then, because his mouth had filled with acid and he was about to vomit. 

He was up and running towards the bathroom. As he retched into the fancy toilet seat at the thoughts of burying his one and only love, there was a soft patting on his back. He whipped his head around, Who- he faced Chaerin who bent down near him, just being there for him without embarrassment, in the males bathroom. Her hand slowly brushed his back. 

"I don't need you to explain me everything." She closed the bathroom door and crouched down beside him, a wet tissue was in her other hand and she wiped his mouth with it. "But, I will stay with you. Stay with you through whatever you're going through." 

There was a moment where Jiyong didn't know what to feel or do. He had thought the world only contained him and Seungri, but now this woman was wedging her way in, accepting him and willing to carry his weight. 

Is it alright? He thought of what Seungri would've told him. You found a tune that syncs with yours.... He looked into Chaerin' eyes and held his breath, listening for a tune. 

There were no statics. 

"Thank you, Chaerin." He said as he let himself fall into her arms, sighing. They stayed like that for a long while, just her patting him as he kept burying himself in the comfort she gave him. 

They left when they heard someone enter one of the toilets, this moment will get awkward very quickly if they stayed to listen to the person doing his business.

 

 

 

When Jiyong came home he didn't expect all the lights to be turned off. It was late, sure, but Seungri had a habit of staying awake until he was sure the other was home. 

"Seunghyun?" He called out, switching the lights on to find the said man asleep on the couch in an odd angle. 

Jiyong smiled, planning to pick up the other and put him in bed.

He had just placed his arms under the other' knees and shoulders to pick him up, when something felt odd. 

Seungri was like a deadweight in his arms. 

It must be because he is sleeping.... his rational mind said, but his heart was sinking in his chest. 

This is too much of a coincidence. 

He places Seungri back on the sofa, his whole body growing cold and eventually going numb as he reached out a shivering hand close to his nose, checking for any sign of air... a single breath. 

Nothing. 

No way. Unacceptable.

He pressed his ringing ears to the other' chest. He closed his eyes, praying to God for a single beat. 

He pressed his ear harder, his hands the other' shirt as he tried to keep it together inside. 

-Dub-

Jiyong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter