Acceptance

Make It Better
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When they came back to the center, Jiyong decided to file a case against his parents for negligence.

He didn't want to stay here anymore.

He wasn't going to spend the rest of his days here pretending to be an orphan who had nowhere else to go. 

There was a new road opening before him and he knew this was the only chance he had to take it. 

 

Seungri sets him on the bed but Jiyong holds his hand before they could retreat, "We will do it. Okay, Seunghyun?" 

___________________________________________

Earlier at the pond-

"My birth name is Seunghyun but I tell people to call me Seungri..."

'Why?"

"My grandma named me Seungri, "victory" as she would say it's because I have won against my past."

"Why not Seunghyun?"

"I want to keep believing I did win against it... and I didn't want to be found again... Not by others or by myself..." (referring to how his old name reminded him of his past self)

Silence. 

"Seunghyun, why are you telling me all this?" 

"I wonder..."

"I mean... what made you tell me all this? Out of all the people before you except your grandma?"

"Have you heard of soulmates, Jiyong?"

The said person blushed deeply, "W-what do you mean!? I'm not-"

"It's not necessary that soulmates have to be the person you love. Soulmates can be friends too... when I was with my grandma, she told she felt a pull towards me when she saw me..." The faintest of smiles tug at the corners of Seungris' lips and Jiyong could only stare in bewilderment, who knew such a sassy man had such a heart? "I asked her what it was that makes people pull towards eachother and she said, before coming to earth, our souls exist in another realm. Whoever we meet or make deep connections with in that realm, will feel a pull towards us when they're birthed in this world too. That's how we know we're soul-mates, bound by souls."

"That's beautiful... I never thought of that... I, too, felt a connection with you when we sat here together the other day... I do not feel calm or safe around people, but I did with you." Jiyong felt his heart getting giddy as he said these things. It was really like a new door was opening up within him.

"The feelings are mutual." Seungri grinned.

There's a pause as they watch a bird swoop down, dipping its' beak in the pond for merely a milisecond before it resurfaces, prey within the beaks' grasp and swiftly flies away.

"Lets' leave the center." Jiyong suddenly says.

'Eh!?" 

"I don't want to live like this anymore. You freed yourself from so much despite all odds against you. You have inspired me, Seunghyun." He takes a deep breath, "Lets' make something of ourselves." 

_______________________________________

They both looked at eachother for a while, finding reassurance and strength in eachothers' gazes, the caretaker shifted his eyes, "I didn't tell you my past for you to rebel, Jiyong." His voice is filled with guilt.

"It's not rebelling. It's justice. My parents weren't poor, they just didn't want their nonsensical gatherings to become gloomy." Jiyong nods to himself and looks at the other with confidence. He needed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter