Run in with the past P3

Blank Pages

A/N Double update please make sure you read chapter 6 before this one.

--------------------------------

When the people we thought we could count on betray our trust, how do we pick up the pieces and move on?

Those were the the words Lisa had written on her journal back when the whole Jungkook thing happened, in fact Lisa had probably half a journal or so of written pages about it, because yes, as cliche as it sounds she’s a bookworm who also happens to write, at the end of the day written words is where she find solace for her feelings.

So here she is now, locked in her office, re-reading her old journals, reminding herself that she somehow was able to come back from a very broken heart and get over everything. But that doesn’t mean she doesn’t have things to say to Jungkook, which is why when she received a call to her bookstore a couple of days ago she agreed to talk to him and see him in her store, the place where she feels the safest.

The bell above the store’s door ringing, brings out the thai girl from her thoughts, assuming it could be just another customer she tried to resume her thinking.

“You are not welcomed here.” She a voice say angrily.

Alright, so not another customer then.

“I’m here to see Lisa.” Jungkook said calmly, fully understanding where the girl’s aggression was coming from.

“You are 5 years to late for that, don’t you think?” Said Jisoo before continuing. “In fact I have a few things to say to you.”

“Jisoo.” Lisa interrupted the black haired girl before she could continue. “It’s fine, I called him.” She then turned to look at Jungkook. “This way.”

She led Jungkook to her office before closing the door.

“I’m actually interested in how you’ve been, but before I start being nice to you we really need to get rid of the elephant in the room, so let’s get straight to the point.” Lisa said, she leaned against her desk and crossed her arms.

Jungkook is a very confident man but he does admit he feels quite lost standing in the middle of Lisa’s office, he takes a deep breath and decides to handle this the way Lisa wants to handle it, so if she wants to go straight for the angst then he will, and if the thai girl wanted to throw things at him then he will take them like a champ, he owns it to her.

“You know for the longest time I wanted to go back in time and keep you from going out that night.” Lisa says with a humorless laugh. “That night is where everything changed, is when you started pulling away, what I don’t understand why lie to me instead of talking to me? Why let me believe we were fine? Why convince me that you still wanted to marry me and then just walked away?” Lisa’s asked frustrated and determined to get the answers she wish she had for the longest time.

“Look, I know I went about it the wrong way…”

“The wrong way?” The thai girl cuts in. “No! Wrong is forgetting your house keys at work, wrong is not knowing whites and colors are washed separately. But cheating on me? Lying to me? Leaving me at the ing altar is so far from ‘wrong’ Jungkook.” Lisa’s voice escalated with each question, all her frustration coming out at once.

“You… you knew?” Asked Jungkook with a frown. “About Tzuyu.”

“Of course I knew, I’m not an idiot.” Lisa said, rolling her eyes.

“Then why did you stay?”

“Love and stupidity can be a strong enough glue to stay on a ty relationship.” She said shrugging. “Besides I could ask you the same thing.”

“Because despite it all, I loved you, I really did. And I was conflicted about what I wanted and was too scared to make a choice, even if deep down I already knew what that choice would be.” Jungkook took a deep breath before continuing. “You know, for the longest time I regretted falling for her, Tzuyu I mean, because I had you, and Lis believe me, you were nothing if not perfect, I truly mean it when I say I regret so much how I went about things, you didn’t deserve any of that.”

Lisa seemed to be processing his words, so Jungkook continued. “I never meant to hurt you Lis, please know that.” He said softly, regret slipping through his words.

“What does it matter, Jung?” Lisa sighed. “The point is you did, and no matter how sorry you are, or how much you regret it, you did.” She uncrossed her arms. “But don’t apologize for how you felt, nobody should. You can’t really help who you fall for, but maybe communicate with your partner next time, you can save somebody a lot of heartbreak.”

“I really am sorry, you think you’ll be able to forgive me someday?” Jungkook asked curiously.

“I already did” Lisa said softly. “I had five years to come to terms with this, I tried hating you for the longest time, but what would be the point of that? Despite how we ended there were still memories I wanted to keep with you.” She sighed. “So yes, even if you never asked, until now, I forgave you a long time ago.” She said with a soft smile.

“Thank you.” Jungkook said appreciatively .

“Now, that the heavy part is over… how you’ve been?”

---------------------------

Jisoo sat on a window table in the small bakery, taking a sip of her coffee she turned to look at the door after hearing the bell ring, and smiling when she saw who came in.

“Well hello there Miss Park.” She said with a smile.

“Don’t smile and pretend everything is fine, want to explain why I had to calm my best friend down at one in the morning three days ago?” Cheyoung said sitting down. “Also thank you for ordering my drink.” She was angry, but she still had manners and the other girl knowing what her order was kinda made her stomach flutter.

“In my defense I did tell you he was a ty ex.” Jisoo said. “Also don’t think your best friend is completely guilt free when she blew things out of proportion despite her doing the exact same thing as my best friend was, not to mention she has been ignoring her for the last three days. If anything I should be the angry one.”

Chaeyoung stayed quiet. Damn it. She was right.

“Ok, fine you are right. For what it’s worth I did try to convince her to listen to Lisa, I admit she has certain… insecurities due to the previously mentioned ty ex. But she is stubborn so I cannot guarantee she’ll come back willing to listen. So yes she’s angry and upset.” Chaeyoung said before taking a sip of her coffee. “How’s Lisa?” She asked genuinely interested.

Jisoo sighed. “ty ex wise, I think she’s fine, she just took her by surprise.” Said brunette girl, playing with her cup. “The ty ex did a number on her too you know, but she tries to not let that stop her from loving people. And she says she’s fine but I know she still has certain… insecurities due to that.” She paused taking a sip from her coffee. “I think she’s ashamed, and scared of something similar happening again, what happened to her is not something you just get over.”

“Right, I get it, Jennie is the same way she came out stronger but, like you said, there are things people cannot get over.” Chae sighed. “So, be honest how is she feeling about what happened with Jennie.”

“Oh boy” Jisoo said. “Not good, Um.. I know she’s sorry but at the same time she’s confused about Jennie’s reaction and after being ignored for three days for apparently no reason she’s angry and frustrated.”

Chaeyoung nodded and took a deep breath. “Our friends are a mess, why do we put up with them?” she asked jokingly.

“Because we love them, defects and all.”

---------------

Two days after the talk with Jungkook, Lisa was feeling lighter like she was finally able to close that chapter, now there was still one thing weighting on her mind and that was why her current girlfriend reacted that way? and why was she ignoring her? and honestly it was getting frustrating and the more Jennie ignored her the more pissed she became.

“So I leave for a couple of days and you start seeing your ex?”

Whoa. What the .

“Excuse me?” Lisa turned around surprised, from the bookshelf she was organizing her angry level going from 0 to a 100 in a nanosecond.

“I saw Jungkook coming in here a couple of days ago, you didn’t think important to tell me you were talking to him?” Said Jennie angry, crossing her arms.

“What?” Lisa frown. “You mean to tell me you’ve got here two days ago and not once did you decided to let me know? You’ve been ignoring me for days because of some idea you made up in you head?” Said the thai girl raising her voice. Thank God the shop was already closed.

“An idea I got in my head?, You didn’t think important to tell you were talking to your ex.” Said Jennie raising her voice as well.

“Oh my God Jennie, he took me by surprise! It’s not like I had been talking to him all this time, there were things that needed to be said and you would know about them if only you hadn’t overreacted and left without a word.”

Unbeknownst to them Jisoo, who was was also helping close the shop, took her phone out and sent a quick text to Chaeyoung, she had a feeling they’d both will need to do damage control after this.

“Overreacting? you are the one who didn't think it was important to tell me about your past relationship?, Do you not think it’s important to tell me personal things about your past since I don't know... we're in a relationship?" Jennie said raising her volume as well.

"It's not like I was going to hide it from you forever." Lisa said walking past her and going towards her office, turning around she continued “Also I can't help but feel you're being a bit hypocritical here." said the thai girl as she started putting away her things in her messenger bag.

"Hypocritical?" Jennie asked.

"Yes! You act like if it was such an issue that I didn't tell you I about an ex I had back when I was young and stupid yet you haven’t told me anything about your ex, in fact you seem to change the subject everytime he comes up!” Lisa said as she turned to face her.

“It matters that you are honest with me Lisa, I’m not exactly comfortable with you hiding things” Jennie crossed her arms

“Seriously?” Lisa asked incredulously “"It would be easier and faster to tell me what does make you comfortable!”

“What do you mean?” The brunette asked confusedly.

"I'm talking about how if I touch you for too long in public you pull away because PDA makes you uncomfortable. If we go out even when I’m the one taking you out you won't let me pay. I can't help you do anything because it makes you uncomfortable. I can’t visit you at work because it makes you uncomfortable but you can visit me in mine at anytime. The only friend I’ve met is Chaeyoung, and I know more of them have come visit, yet I don’t know them because apparently their questioning makes you uncomfortable.” Lisa started pacing, the frustration of the last few days is coming up and maybe just maybe those feelings of insecurity and not being enough are coming back from the very back of Lisa’s subconscious.

”You say I don’t tell you anything about my past, yet you know where I was born, where I grew up, how my parents divorce affected me, who my best friends are, you know a lot of personal things about me, I mean you have a ing drawer at my house Jennie!” Lisa was yelling at this point.

“You know how many times I’ve stayed over at your house Jennie?” Lisa stopped pacing and stood in front of the brunette. “Five times.” She showed the number with her hand. “Five ing times and we’ve been dating for 8 months!”

"I didn't realize.." Jennie didn't know what to say.

"That’s the problem Jennie, you come here expecting me to tell you everything about me and let you in completely but you don't do the same.” The thai girl now sounding tired. “Do you even want this?, because I just feel like this is you pulling away and looking for an excuse to not be with me.”

"I didn’t realize I was doing that, you have to believe me.” Said Jennie quietly, her eyes tinged pink.

“I let you set the boundaries and I was fine with that, but after a while it just gets tiring when you don’t let me in.”

“I didn’t know I was doing that, I never meant to hurt you.” She took a step towards Lisa but the thai girl only took one back.

“I’m sure you didn’t, but you did.” Lisa took a deep breath, she took her bag from her desk and started walking towards the door.

“Where are you going?” Jennie asked

“Home, I need some time alone right now and you need to think whether you want this or not. Jisoo will finish closing up after your leave.”