Run in with the past P2

Blank Pages

Jungkook can hear his phone vibrate on the bed side table and he once again ignores it and allows it to go to voicemail, in favor of enjoying what’s in front of him. He doesn’t want to answer it, He doesn’t want to shatter whatever is happening between him and Tzuyu. He knows its wrong, he knows he should’ve put a stop to it the moment the girl introduced herself, but he couldn’t, it’s like there is something physically pulling him to be there. As his phone once again vibrates he reaches out to it before another hand gets a hold of it.

“Hey!”

Tzuyu taps her thumbs against the screen with a smirk, “Calm down,” she says as she places the phone back between them. “I texted myself so we both got each other’s number, this way we can get to know each other better.”

Against her better judgement Jungkook only smiles and nods.

--------

Five years later Jungkook now knows and admits he made the wrong choices back then, not about the person he chose to be with he was completely sure about that, but the way he decided to go about it. Lisa didn’t deserve that. Anyone who is engaged and months away to be married doesn't deserve that.

Jungkook and Tzuyu had been back in Astoria for some time, and the man knew, he just knew this moment was bound to happen at some point, hell they’d walk past Lisa’s bookshop countless of times but Jungkook always managed to avoid walking in. Being an adult and facing your mistakes was hard.

So the fact that he just walked into Lisa really was just a matter of time, as he looks at the girl he notices Lisa seems pretty serious like she’s debating whether to respond or just plainly walk away. He also notices the short brunette beside her, her whole demeanor looks guarded, even before Jungkook called out she seemed like that, he supposes its normal when you encounter your current girlfriend ex.

-----------

Jungkook walks back home, a heavy yet happy feeling in his chest. He walks in into the small apartment, removing his coat and leaving his keys on the key holder next to the door.

“There’s my man.”

Jungkook forces a smile. “Hi.”

“I was getting worried.” The thai girl frowns as she closes the distance between herself and Jungkook. “I tried calling a few times, but you didn’t pick up.”

“Sorry.” Jungkook says.

“It’s fine I was just worried…”

“Don’t be. I’m fine, Lisa”

Another frown appears on the thai girls face “I always worry about you, I can’t help it. I love you too much not to worry about you.” Her hand reaching out to touch her boyfriends hand.

“I can take care of myself.” Jungkook assures her as he subtly moves away from the affection.

“I made dinner.” Lisa shrugs. “Thought we could enjoy a night together, maybe finalize the wedding details.”

Jungkook feels a pang of guilt as he sees the hopefulness in her eyes, “I’m tired…”

---------

Lisa wasn’t an idiot, she knows people look at her and underestimate her because of her dorky humor, she knows a lot of people here think she came back to this town because she couldn’t make it in New York, she knows Jennie is keeping something from her, she knows Jennie keeps her at arms length probably because of that same thing she’s hiding, and she knows that freaks her out because the exact same thing started happening with Jungkook before all went to hell.

But she’s a fool in love and something tells her Jennie is worth waiting and fighting for, something her heart wasn’t telling her when the whole thing with Jungkook happened, back then she was holding on to something she thought she was supposed to want, something everyone around her kept telling her she must’ve been so happy about. Doesn’t mean it didn’t hurt like hell though, doesn’t mean it didn’t make her feel like she wasn’t enough. Doesn’t mean it didn’t left her a mess afterwards and it doesn’t mean it she doesn’t feel like running for the hills right now.

And Jungkook appearing out of nowhere only fueled those insecurities, specially when the girl besides her seem to stiffen up as she let go of her hand...

-------

“What the Jungkook?”

“Lis, I’m sorry I lost track of time”

“I asked only one of thing you, show up for our wedding photoshoot that’s all I asked, and instead I had to wait at the venue all by myself and explain to the photographer, we spent months chasing after just to book him, that there’ll be no photoshoot because the bride was nowhere to found.” The thai girl ran a hand through her hair, she was so tired, she didn’t know what she needed to do, she feels Jungkook pulling away, but she keeps coming back so that’s a good thing isn’t it?

They met when they were both 15, they started dating at 17, and got engaged at 22, so they are meant to be right? This is how the story goes, highschool sweethearts fall in love, grow up, get married and have a family right?

“It’s like I’m planning this whole thing by myself.” Lisa sighed. “Do you not want to do this anymore? Is that it?” She asks defeated.

Jungkook could only feel guilt and manages to catch himself before saying ‘Yes’, he had a choice to make, he knew that, Tzuyu knew that, even told Jungkook that herself, ‘you need to make a choice because this isn’t fair to either of us’.

He knows he’s being selfish, wanting both, because yes in a way he still loves Lisa, and the thai girl deserves someone who wants all the things she does. She deserves someone who melts into her kisses, who laughs at her stupid jokes, who appreciates the quiet that comes with Lisa whenever she goes up into the clouds when reading, who holds onto her like their life depended on it. Lisa deserves someone who isn’t Jungkook and yet... she loves Jungkook.

“It feels like I’m dragging you to the altar against your will.” Lisa took a deep breath. “And I refuse to do that Jung, I won’t do that.” The thai girl shakes her head and walks away.

-----------------------------

His friends called him a coward, he told them the truth only to receive a long speech about love and being faithful, and the thing is that they were right, he should’ve been man enough to talk to Lisa to break things off, but the fear won.

And what’s worse at some point he did made a choice, it might’ve not been what he wanted but rather what he thought was right, Jungkook thinks maybe that’s the moment he became a coward.

------------------------------------

Jungkook carefully opens the door to their bedroom, they just got the new house, both immediately falling in love with it,it had a big yard, two floors its was perfect for a starting family. All they had right now was a bed and a table, both of them waiting to see what wedding gifts they’d get before buying anything else. Jungkook had woken up early to make Lisa breakfast in bed. It was time for him to make things right.

“Lis” He whispers as he presses a knee to the mattress and leaves the tray besides the bed.. “Babe, wake up. I have a delicious surprise for my beautiful fiancee.”

“What…” The thai girl mumbles. Slowly opening her eyes, she sees the tray filled with her favorite food. “Did you...you actually made me breakfast in bed?”

“I did.” Jungkook nods as he looks from the tray to the thai girl “It’s kind of a first apology for me being an . I just want to make things right and start moving past this whole mess to start our life together.”

Jungkook takes a deep breath before continuing. “So what do you say babe? Want to get married?” In that moment Jungkook knew he made the wrong choice, her heat breaking for herself, Tzuyu and Lisa. And he knows she just went past the point of no return.

------------

“I’m sorry.” In hindsight maybe the timing for the apology could’ve been better, but he’s been holding on to it for so long, his body decided to just blurt it like word vomit.

Lisa comes back to reality. “Excuse me?” This time, her trip up in the clouds bringing her painful memories. Her hands forming a fist as she tried to hold onto something.

“Over the last five years, I’ve written you like a thousand letters. I tried calling a few times, but you changed your number, not that I blame you.” Jungkook quickly says. “I even asked my mom to give me your contact but she told me our families no longer speak.”

All Lisa could do was stare at the guy, still processing that he’s standing in front of her and saying the words she needed to hear for so long. She was, honestly, feeling very overwhelmed. Not to mention, that her current girlfriend, who she hadn’t talk to about this was right beside her.

“I understand.” Jungkook keeps rambling, his words just coming out one right after the other. “I’m so sorry for how everything happened. I-I’m sorry I just ran away, I should’ve stayed and tried to help you through everything.”

“You…” Lisa blinks. “I…” She shakes her head and finally says “I can’t do this right now.” She turns around and pulls on Jennie’s hand. “Let’s go babe.”

Lisa pulled Jennie towards the parking lot where her car was, quickly, wanting to gain some distance from her past asap.

“Who the hell was that?” Jennie asked going straight to the point, pulling Lisa by the hand stopping her.

Lisa took a deep breath. Her fingers holding the bridge of her nose. “That’s was Jungkook. My ex-fiance.”

“What?” The brunette asked incredulously. "You didn't think it was important to tell me about your past engagement?" She continued, crossing her arms.

"It was years ago. I was what? like 22?" Lisa said looking at her straight in the eyes. "I wasn’t trying to hide it, it just never came up, plus it was over five years ago, what does it matter?" Lisa said. Getting frustrated all of feelings and old fears creeping up at once.

"It matters that you tell me personal things about your past since I don't know...we're in a relationship??" Jennie said raising her volume, before taking a deep breath. “I need some time to process this.”

“What?” Asked Lisa, clearly confused.

“I don’t appreciate people keeping things from me.” The brunette said crossing her arms. “Look, it’s late and I have an early flight. I’ll find my own way home.”

“Jennie. What?” She asked again. “We need to talk about this, I can’t just let you leave. Plus it’s late, let me at least walk you home.” She chased after the brunette, but she was clearly having none of it.

“I’ll be fine.”

The thai girl watched the brunette leave. This was not how the night was supposed to go.

“Jen…”

------------

Jungkook was supposed to walk in first, then Lisa. But it seems the thai girl will be the first and only bride to walk in.

Staring at herself in the mirror, all she could think about was, what went wrong? They were fine, everything was perfect and then all of a sudden it wasn’t. And then it was again, up until 30 minutes ago when who was supposed to be her future mother in law walked in looking extremely sorry and told her, there would be no wedding today.

Lisa cleans up a bit, holding her tears and fixing her make up. She walks down the aisle in a really fast pace, no music playing and the thai girl staring straight ahead to avoid looking at everyone else.

Taking a deep breath she picks up the mic and turns around to face the guests. “Thank you all for coming, but I’m afraid we just made everyone waste a lot of time as there will be no wedding.” Immediately after the murmuring starts, she can feel the sympathy stares for people from both families, she can feel the pissed demeanor coming from her bridesmaid and the worried look from her best man. “We already paid the church for the full hour so if you want to stay is up to you.”

Lisa then walked away, ripping every part of her dress and leaving the pieces in the church’s halls, barely making it to the dressing room provided by the church, she feels two pair of arms holding her up just as she was about to fall.