Run in with the past. P1

Blank Pages

. That’s all Lisa could think about. .

 

So you know how you have those days where everything is great and amazing and then you have the audacity to say to yourself “This is perfect, nothing can go wrong” and then boom! something wrong happens and your day is ruined? Right. Well guess what happened just now.

 

***Earlier***

 

“You guys are cute.”

 

“You guys are gross.”

 

Both Chae and Jisoo said at the same time as Lisa and Jennie pulled away from a kiss.

Both girls where in Lisa’s bookshop, for Chae the visit was about giving her back her book and admitting that yes Hemingway knew what he was doing, and as for Jennie well she didn’t need a reason she just wanted to see her girlfriend that’s all.

The pair had been dating for 9 months, and it was getting serious, to the point where now Jennie had a spare toothbrush on Lisa’s house, a drawer and her very own coffee cup, it was going great and neither girl could be happier.

 

“So, I don’t want to make this a big deal or anything but I’d like to point out,today, is officially the anniversary of when you made the greatest decision in your life and asked me to be your girlfriend.” Lisa said, with a smile on her face.

 

“So… I got you something.” The thai girl walked behind the counter to get the brunette’s present.

 

She walked back to stand in front of the brunette with her hands behind her back “I hope you like it.” She said as she showed the present to the girl, a cheeky smile on her face, it was a small white stuffed bear, holding a small card, the card’s front was a drawing of two bee’s and a couple of hearts, and on the inside it read ‘You and me are meant to bee’.

 

The brunette left out a soft ‘awww’ while sporting the softest, biggest smile on her face.

 

“I love it.” She said, her hand reaching out to trace the thai girl’s jaw before pulling her in for another kiss.

 

“So much better than Kai.” Chae mumbled not so quietly.

 

“Who?” Lisa asked turning her head to face Chaeyoung, who was now behind the counter with Jisoo.

 

“No one!” Said Jennie, shooting a look to Chaeyoung “No one important.” She said more calmly. Lisa wanted to press on the issue but figured if Jennie wanted her to know she’d tell her.

 

Before the awkward silence could continue, Jisoo jumped in to save the conversation.

 

“So Chae” She said straightening up from where she was leaning in the counter. “I hear that much like Lisa over there you also enjoy the company of books, lemme show you my faves, because I know they are much better than anything Lalisa over there can recommend.” She said, while placing her arm around Chae’s shoulder, leading her away from the couple.

 

“So how about… you let me take you out night?” Said the brunette. “As a thanks for your gift and also as a celebration for our anniversary?” she continued while holding the thai girls hand with her free one.

 

Lisa smiled softly “Alright, I’m all yours.” She said.

 

Jennie’s smile only widen before kissing Lisa once again.

---------

“Ok, so spill.” Said Jisoo, crossing her arms and leaning against a bookshelf, now out of earshot from the two lovebirds. “Who’s Kai?”

 

“It’s really not my place to say…” Said Chae, looking around the bookshelf to make sure neither girl was listening. “Also I don’t think is any of your business.” She continued crossing her arms as well.

 

“If it involves your best friend constantly avoiding the conversation with my best friend as many times as it has already happened in front of our noses, then yes it is my business

 

‘Damn it.’ Chae thought.

 

“Whenever someone lies about their ex, they either where very ty or are still hung up on them. So which is it?”

 

Chaeyoung was debating whether to answer or not, she did admit Jennie avoiding to talk to Lisa about Kai was a bad idea, but at the same time it wasn’t her place to tell.

 

After several seconds of silence, and seeing how the gorgeous blonde in front of her didn’t want to answer, Jisoo sighed. “Look, I don’t want the complete details, I get you want to protect your friend” she said, placing her hand on Chae’s arm. “I just need to know if I need to protect mine.”

 

Chae took a deep breath before answering. “Kai.” She paused, thinking about how to share what she knows with Jisoo without betraying Jennie’s trust. “He is a very ty ex, and that made Jennie and me to be on guard when it comes to her heart. That’s all I’m gonna say. So to be clear, trust me your friend is okay?” She said, receiving a nod in response before continuing. “But I do need to ask, is mine?” She asked seriously.

 

Jisoo nodded before answering. “ty ex, Lisa’s heart has been on guard too, but your friend is okay too.”

 

Chaeyoung nodded. “Okay, now that that’s settled, how about you show me those books you were talking about?”

 

------------

The couple had gone to a nice dinner after Lisa closed the book shop, they, of course, went to the same restaurant they went on their first date, since the brunette needed to fly back home to some meeting with investors, neither girl wanted the night to end, so they opted to get some ice cream and go for a walk along the riverfront.

 

“I’ve actually never gone ice-skating before.” Jennie said, the pair were walking hand in hand and talking about how winter gets in Astoria.

 

Lisa’s eyes widen. “You’ve never gone ice-skating before? Seriously? You’ve lived in New York?! How can you not have gone ice skating?”

“Nope, I usually left for a warmer place during the winter.” The brunette said, with a nonchalant shrug.

 

“Figures.” Said the thai girl jokingly. “There was a time during my teens were we moved back to Thailand , my dad wanted to spend more time with me or whatever, so he would take me ice-skating all the time on this indoor ice skating ring with an arcade and ty food.”

 

Jennie blinks before smiling. “Thailand huh? I knew there was an slight accent when you talked.”

 

“That’s me, Lalisa Manoban, 100% Thai, half raised in America, half raised in Thailand.” Said Lisa, pointing at herself proudly. “Now back to more important things, ice-skating? You willing to try?”

 

“As long as you catch me if I fall, I’m not looking to injuring myself for free.” Said Jennie teasingly.

 

“Of course I’ll catch you, I’d never let anything bad happen to you.” Said Lisa, her words coming out so casually yet so meaningful. Jennie’s heart is beating out of her chest, all she can do is tug Lisa’s hand so they’d stop walking.

 

Lisa gives her a look, and all Jennie does is drop a kiss to the thai girls lips. “You are really cute, you know that?” said the brunette after pulling away.

 

All Lisa does is stare softly at her, the thai girl’s heart beating a mile per minute, with a smile all she can think about is how this very moment is perfect, and there is nothing that could ruin this moment. Placing her hand on Jennie’s waist she goes in for one more kiss before pulling back.

 

“Jennie, I lo…”

 

“Lisa?”

 

The thai girl annoyingly turns to look at the interruption about to tell them off, until she realizes who it was and then her whole face goes blank.

 

“Jungkook”

 

.