One Night in Winter Four Years Ago

Last Night | #TeukChul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I couldn’t understand how complicated things in this world can really be. I put up with all the politics I didn’t sign up for when I entered the university but I still ended up getting caught up in this issue. The only thing I really wanted was to publish my study and contribute to the society but this political issues going around doesn’t really help me.

            I chugged another bottle of soju and drank halfway through it. I could feel the numbness of my body. I think I’m going to pass out here in the park if I continue doing this. I put down the bottle beside me and closed my eyes. I felt the cool breeze brush past me that made me hug myself and pull myself my padded jacket tighter. Not too many people are out tonight since it’s starting to get colder. Winter nights have been my favorite. It was always quiet and peaceful… and always offers a hint of serendipity for me. My eyes were starting to tear up from the consumption of alcohol and the cool wind.

            “Aaaaaah!”

            I was startled with the sudden voice that I heard from behind. I saw a man as tall as I, struggling for balance but his eyes were wide open. I feel like I’ve seen him before but I couldn’t recall. Maybe I bumped into him, or we were coincidentally inside the same shop somewhere. He was wearing his own white padded jacket; his hands were in both pockets. He stopped on his tracks when he met my eyes and smiled at me.

            “Oh, you’re there… I didn’t know you were there… I’m sorry. Can I join you?”

            I let out a laugh and nodded at him. He sat beside me and stared at the bottle of soju standing in between us. His eyelashes were pretty long, his nose was pointed and his lips were… pouty. He was prettier than any man I’ve ever seen. Only his cheeks were red, but it came out like the low temperature was what caused it, not the alcohol.

            “Don’t stare at me like that… I don’t even know your name.” We looked at each other for a long time then the corners of his lips went up. “Ya~ Kim Hee Chul! Brat!” He shouted while looking at the view in front of us.

            “That’s me. I’m Kim Hee Chul.” He was smiling from ear to ear. He held out his left hand, asking for a handshake.

            “I’m Leeteuk. Park Jung Soo but Leeteuk.” I held out my hands and it landed on his cold hand. He twisted his hand in an instant and held mine firmly.

            “Leeteuk, your hand is amazingly warm. I’ll hold it for the night.” He took my hand and his inside his pocket. He lazed to which he dragged me with him. The grass was cold on my back bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter