Day Two

Last Night | #TeukChul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I barely slept last night and we are already woken up by the officer to eat lunch. Apparently, prisoners who are on the death row receives proper treatment for the last days they are here. It wasn't so bad not until you realize that you are just counting your days.

The food trays for two people were already lined up for us but he was still lying down.

“Uhm, don't you want to eat?”

He sat up and stretched out his arms. “Let's eat.” He coolly said and reached out for his food tray. He settled the tray on the ground and crossed his legs and started eating.

“You can just eat there. I'm not used to it anyway.” Hee Chul started digging in to his food after saying that.

“I'm joining you.” I grabbed my tray and although the space was limited because the two single beds were occupying too much of the small space already, we were still able to fit ourselves and eat together.

“Did you sleep well?” He asked without looking at me.

“Just fine,” I lied.

He chuckled and raised his head and looked at me. “I didn't. I wasn’t used to sleeping on bed. This was my first time to sleep on a bed.”

Pain tugged at my heard when I heard it. This person has not slept on a bed his whole life and I was already complaining when my bed wasn't soft enough.

We remained silent as we finish our food for the afternoon. After the officers collected the trays and served us our water, we remained seated on our respective beds.

“About what you asked last night…” I trailed off when I started speaking. The hard beating of my heart was back. “I think it needs time and I need to understand you too.”

He looked at me from his side and wrapped his arms around his legs. He didn't reply so I continued talking. I reached out my notebook and read the first question.

“So, why did you do what you did?”

He leaned his head on the wall and closed his eyes. “That’s why I wanted to make sure you will believe me. Because of that question.”

I didn't reply and he didn't move. I was waiting for his answer and I'm not here to runaway because I can't.

“I need to live even just for a little while, Leeteuk. But I didn't do everything that they are accusing me.”

When I raised my head to look at him, he was already looking at me. His eyes bore deep into mine and the sincerity was all I could see in it. If he didn't do it, then why is he here. I was still clouded with judgment and doubt but I didn't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter