Chapter 13

Academy of the Lonely

 

Mother,…“


“Jennie, what’s going on here?” Jennie’s mum unexpectedly arrived, much earlier than the brunette thought. She let her purse and bags of Chinese takeaway food slump on the table.

In the deafening silence the jingling keys hitting the hard surface of the wood table felt piercing.


“Why are you already back?” Jennie herself didn’t know why she felt as caught in the act as she did. She couldn’t even stop herself from fixing her appearance and drew over her clothes to straighten the wrinkles of her clothes.

 
“Who is this?” her mother was not pleased with what she’d seen and her mindset colored unto her voice. Her brows were deeply furrowed, her expression walking the thin line between angered and confused.


When Lisa finally came back to her senses, she realized that this was a meeting all teenagers dreaded. Meeting the parent of a friend was uncomfortable at max but meeting the mother of your crush was crucial and quickly put a lot of pressure unto Lisa’s shoulders.


The soldier cleared and in a snap completely shook off all the butterflies she foolishly felt from Jennie’s caresses and kisses and put her business face on.


“Excuse me for intruding. My name is Lalisa Manoban, Ma’am. We’re classmates,” she swiftly turned around to face Jennie’s mother and extended her hand. She waited confidently for her to eventually shake it. Jennie’s mother didn’t expect such manners and it delighted her slightly, although not enough to appease her.

She hesitantly shook Lisa’s hand with a weak grip while her face remained furrowed, emphasizing all the preexisting wrinkles greatly. It softened only shortly after she’d noticed the bruise the blonde girl in front of her sported.


“What happened to your face?” She was still giving off a strict aura and Lisa clearly saw the similarities between their sharp eyes right away despite Jennie’s being way more powerful.


“An accident in sports classes, Ma’am,” Lisa lied effortlessly and took a step back next to the impressed Jennie who’d watched the whole conversation with surprise. While the brunette didn’t introduce any of her new friends to her mother, she’d done so in her old hometown.

They had never acted the way Lisa did.


“Are they this dangerous these days?” she asked rhetorically but shrugged it off immediately, “Well, whatever. If you’re already here you can eat with us, I brought Chinese food,”


As she saw that Lisa wanted to decline, she cut her off, “You’ll eat with us and Jennie get the sticks out, will you?”


The words of her mother tore her out of her subtle amazement and put her later in the most awkward dinner she’d ever witnessed until now.


Her mother fortunately didn’t speak about what she saw when she’d arrived, but she was nervous about her known erratic behavior. The eerie quietness on her part forebode bad news.


With worry she watched as her mother gladly took the opened wine and didn’t even think about the possibility of her daughter drinking at daytime. She worried about her getting more drunk as the evening proceeded but Jennie also gnawed at the thought of feeling so embarrassed and uncomfortable with her exposed actions, even though what she did was for once inherently innocent.


After a while of rather uncomfortable small talk and two quickly chugged glasses of wine, Jennie was incapable to prevent the disaster which had doomed over them ever since her mother appeared and would now break out.


“Sweetie, do you often bring home people when I’m not around?” Lisa observed how her mother was more than tipsy by now, judging from her tone of voice and how glassy and unfocused her stare had gotten.


Jennie recognized these signals from a mile away. Her mother had asked the question with a fake sweet tone, but underneath there was even worse to be found.


“Of course not,” Jennie said out of reflex but there was a fraction of a second where pure fear was seen.


Her mother started to giggle in between taking sips, alternating her stare between Jennie and Lisa who sat next to each other. After that she grew quiet and more serious again. The soldier started to slowly freak out a bit while thinking about how the brunette must’ve felt right now.


“So, Lisa is the only one you bring here?”


“She needed a bandage for her wound,” Jennie defended quickly as she finished her food and was glad that she had an excuse not to look her right into the eyes. Even though her mother’s gaze was weakened due to the alcohol, it was still piercing enough for Jennie.


Her mother mustered her and stopped eating altogether, letting the sticks drop down. Some moments passed and Jennie’s mother still didn’t avert her gaze, putting Jennie at the edge and making her thoroughly uncomfortable.

 
“I didn’t know you nowadays put bandages on with your mouth,” she said eventually in a dry, deadly serious tone, dropping a bomb unto them not even Lisa’s strong composure could shield off.


“I- uhm, Lisa, come on. I think you should go now,” Jennie hastily stood up and Lisa followed her obediently and remained silent.


“No dear, why don’t you let me get to know your girlfriend better,” she spat the word with so much venom that made Jennie stop in her tracks to process it. Thinking to be immensely glad not to have this orientation crossed Jennie’s mind, but it was quickly replaced by a deep feeling of sadness in the pit of her stomach.

 
“She’s not my girlfriend, Mum,” The brunette argued back as she began to push Lisa out of the room when her mother suddenly slammed on the table and grew more and more irritated, “Did the divorce made you love girls now?!”

 
She almost shouted this question but Jennie didn’t even react anymore and quickly ushered Lisa out without giving her chance to say goodbye.


The brunette slammed the door with a loud bang and accompanied Lisa outside. She deeply sighed as soon as the door closed behind her, feeling as if at least a bit of the tension fell off of her shoulders. Lisa watched quietly how Jennie shook her head and how she had to fight the tears.


After taking some deep breaths, Jennie started to go and Lisa followed her for some steps until she halted to light a cigarette. The soldier saw how her hands were trembling and how clearly her eyes reflected the light of the lighter.


Lisa did the same as Jennie and placed a cigarette between her teeth before she, too, lit it.


“Here, take my jacket. You didn’t bring one with you,” Lisa said after both quietly resumed leaving steps behind in the thick snow.


“No, it’s okay. I’ll return after the smoke,” She shook her head vehemently, her voice was quiet and somber.


“I’m so sorry,” she said right after declining. Her voice cracked and with the free hand she went through her hair. She embraced herself with one arm while the other continuously brought the cigarette close to .


This had been exactly the reason why she didn’t bring over any of her friends. She felt so angry, embarrassed but also desperate for a change. If her mother hadn’t caught them in this unfortunate position, she would’ve found other ways to ruin the remaining bit of peace.


“I’m really sorry, this is so embarrassing,” she repeated herself after Lisa remained silent, and let out a mirthless laugh and hid her face partly with her hand.


“I..” Lisa eventually opened to say something reassuring or encouraging but she just didn’t know what suited this situation the best. She never had been good at consoling people or saying the right things. She could, however, understand now better from what Jennie seemed to always flee from and she was very sure that the brunette was in dire need for an escape from this situation as well.


Maybe this escape of Jennie’s wore the name of some guy, but it certainly wouldn’t be called “Lisa”.


This exact train of thought forced the soldier to bury her pride. She didn’t want it to be true.


“Come with me,” Lisa said those words so softly that even Jennie, experiencing the magnitude of her family situation yet again, heard the plea in Lisa’s otherwise so firm and confident voice.


The soldier waited patiently and paused smoking, letting the cigarette idly accumulate more and more ash until it would fly off automatically. The brunette just wouldn’t meet her eyes.


After thinking for a while about what had happened and about what Lisa just suggested, she finished smoking. She shook her head weakly.


“I feel like I’m always bothering you, I mean – look at your eye!” a lonely tear at last strolled down her cheek and left a freezing path behind. She finally looked into Lisa’s eyes and within them she saw the same thing Lisa saw.

 

Someone fragile.


But in contrast to Jennie’s thoughts, Lisa further thought that no one would handle her with the care she needed right now.


“You’re neither bothersome nor a bother, Jennie. Come with me, please,”


“I can’t, Lisa,”


Just like that she was about to head back to the house but the soldier couldn’t let her go like that and caught her wrist and held it without much force.


With each passing second the soldier grew more and more desperate, knowing of the consequences of letting her leave.


Jennie eyed her with a mix of a questioning and suspenseful stare, expecting her to say something but instead Lisa just returned her stare wordlessly while still holding her tiny wrist.


“Why not?” Lisa finally asked like a clueless debile as she took a step closer and never took her eyes off of those brown, dark orbs. In a reassuring manner she drew slow circles on Jennie’s wrist with her warm thumb.


But to no avail. Jennie shook her head yet again, thinking this would suffice as an explanation and let her wrist fall out of her grip.


“I’ll see you tomorrow,” she said timidly as she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and headed back home, leaving Lisa to watch after her and despair about her own powerlessness and Jennie’s damn unattainability.



~~~

 

 

“Corporal Manoban, concentration! Repeat and do it again, faster!” her military instructor was scolding her for the third time now, consequently establishing a new record.


Lisa normally never had any difficulties and excelled in whatever she laid her hands unto, even if her bare hands laid on the cold metal of the rifle, assembling and disassembling it again and again in this sickening cold.


Lisa gritted her teeth and cursed inwardly as she did what she’d been told. The cold seemed to get to her with the snow melting and soaking her already freezing hands, amplifying the painful sting while gradually impairing her movements.


Everything seemed to slip out of Lisa’s control and the image of Jennie deciding against the soldier – and probably for someone else – left a sore, open wound within her. One that couldn’t be compared with.


It was a wound only the very cause of it could mend.


But if her life would depend on the magnificent brunette, she would die for sure.


The drills, however, hadn’t been the only thing where Lisa begun to slack off. Jimin had noticed the wounds as well as her erroneous behavior this morning and started to worry.

 

He’d tried to ask her about it, but Lisa blocked off completely without a chance to get through to her.


In school Lisa wasn’t mentally present as well, feeling as if every little thing started to tire her out to a point of passing out blank any second from the exhaustion. The stares she’d received all day long in school didn’t really help her case.


Surprisingly, however, Chaeyoung reached out to her again despite Lisa not having replied to her. The bubbly girl had understood quickly that Lisa was full of pride and honor and rarely could express herself accordingly. That’s why she took yet another step and settled their whole issue in a snap.


The soldier had found out that within this short frame of time Chaeyoung got well acquainted with Jennie’s friend who’s apparently called Jisoo.


Regardless of her friendship to Jennie, Lisa showed no interest in her when they were officially introduced which was happily reciprocated. Jennie and Chaeyoung were quick to disperse the uncomfortable atmosphere from both of them.


Lisa hadn’t cared about the atmosphere one bit for her mind was all the time with Jennie who giggled and laughed as if yesterday never existed. Only the rare occasions where the brunette stole secret glanced at the soldier testified for its realness.

 

~~~

 

Lisa waited at the gates to the fenced off Academy with mixed feelings. Even though she had seen Jennie today, they didn’t really talk since they were surrounded by their friends, making the soldier giddy to spend some time alone and have her near her for a longer time.


On the other hand, however, she dreaded the meeting as she felt her self-confidence continuously cracking in sync with her composure. But that just wasn’t allowed to happen, she needed to win back her power or at least some scraps of it to feel better and feel dignified in the presence of Jennie again.


When she finally spotted Jennie walking along the path towards the gate, her heart started to beat faster. She must’ve changed her attire in the meantime for she was now sporting a high, strict ponytail paired with a deep red lipstick, functioning as the only color to contrast Lisa’s grey world.

The brunette seemed as if she wanted to look confident while walking closer to an intimidating part of the military complex, but she wasn’t succeeding. Lisa could see her uncertainty right away and it made her feel instantly better already.


“I’m surprised you really came,” Lisa stated as soon as Jennie reached her and transitioned out of her rigid military stance.


“And yet you expected me,” Jennie replied with a small smile but it faded away when she mustered the armed guards just meters away from them.

 
Lisa only chuckled in response and guided for her to follow. Like a duckling she trailed slightly behind and noted with awe how the guards didn’t even think about bothering Lisa with questions as to who Jennie was and if she was allowed to enter. Judging from this whole area, not anyone could just bring a friend unto it.


After they passed the gates, the brunette marveled again at how vast everything was. It looked like a small city with many, many houses and big exercising places. When they’d visited with her school, she didn’t really notice the sheer size of this institution.

They even passed a gas station.


“Where are we heading to?” Jennie asked after absorbing the environment anew and shifted her attention to the soldier walking next to her.


“To a nearby building with an empty classroom,” Lisa replied neutrally while not really looking at the girl. Could it be possible for Jennie to get even more beautiful as the days passed by?


They had to walk quite a bit and were seldomly met with passing soldiers and military vehicles. Jennie had noticed the stares of some of the soldiers and until now she hadn’t seen any other girl on this ground and felt a little bit scared.

This place was like a second reality coexisting side by side with the one she knew and felt comfortable with. But different laws ruled in this universe and she didn’t have the backup of her whole class anymore.

 
That was the reason why the brunette felt relieved when they’d entered a long and narrow building only to feel uncomfortable again as the corridor was sprinkled with a handful of soldiers who even started to whistle.


“Oh Corporal, don’t you want to introduce us to your beautiful friend?” a group of soldiers approached them and hindered them from walking further.


Jennie immediately went a little bit behind Lisa as she saw how the guys looked her up and down unashamedly. Fortunately, Lisa had caught up on her mood and stepped in front of her.


“I would actually love to, Miller!” Lisa exclaimed with a faked happy voice and intentionally left out his military rank, “but someone who’s as bad as you at shooting, doesn’t have a shot anyways,”


“And now, leave,” Lisa didn’t wait for his response and turned around to put a reassuring hand at Jennie’s back. Her voice was degrading and intimidating right after, forcing the guys to part.


Strangely, Jennie felt immediately safe when Lisa had stepped up for her. She especially felt safe when she put her arm around her and let it rest there until they reached the door to the designated classroom.


Neither commented on the situation and both started to get right on with math in the empty and deserted classroom.


After an hour, the brunette demanded a break and hid her face in her arms on the table, “I just hate math so much, I hate it,”

 
Lisa could barely make out the muffled words coming from her. She just nodded and leaned back into the chair, taking advantage of the break to stare the beauty right next to her. Lisa watched as her ponytail sprawled all over her arms and the table.


The soldier stretched out her long legs while relaxing for some minutes in peace herself. She was just so tired but the day was far from being over.


“Can’t we just quit now?” Jennie’s face resurfaced with a pout, but Lisa remained determined and urged her to continue at least for a little while longer.


They hadn’t come that far yet.


Luckily, Jennie didn’t put up much of a fight and was now currently trying to solve a question when Lisa startled inwardly.


Her legs were still stretched out and placed next to Jennie’s with enough space for them not to touch and yet she felt as Jennie’s feet rubbed against her leg after Jennie had crossed them.


Lisa drew in a sharp, quiet breath in surprise and felt her heartbeat picking up a beat again.

It didn’t help at all that the brunette didn’t seem to be fazed by this at all.


The blonde fought with herself whether she should retreat her leg or not, but if she would do it, Jennie would surely notice her awkwardness which would lead to real uncomfortableness afterwards. So she needed to be sovereign and endure it, acting as if nothing was happening.


After a moment, the brunette placed the pencil away and slid the exercise sheet over the table to Lisa.


As the soldier silently took the sheet and started to check it, Jennie first observed the room further only to land with her eyes on the concentrated expression of Lisa.


“Did you tell somebody about yesterday?” she then asked in an uncertain manner – this question had been burning to set free for so long now.


Without lifting her head up, she just replied, “No, that’s nobody’s business,”


The soldier was taken aback that she revved up a conversation about it, but she refrained from asking her anything further about it. Whatever Jennie had done or felt, she wouldn’t share it anyways, so there was no use in hurting her ego more than necessary.


“I already knew you wouldn’t tell anyone,” Jennie let a small chuckle escape her lips as her expression acquired a certain fondness. Maybe Lisa did feel a little bit of pride at her statement.


“I wouldn’t even know what to tell. I still try to understand what happened,” the soldier cursed inwardly at the power of the softness in Jennie’s eyes. It made her truthful and undermine her self-assuredness yet again.

 

Hearing those words, Jennie’s expression fell subtly but enough for the soldier to notice.


The brunette just nodded and immediately changed the subject, “Are your wounds still hurting?”


Her voice was filled with so much genuineness that Lisa almost believed this was a smooth transition of conversation and not a deliberate attempt to distract. Paired with Jennie’s leg which moved slightly up and down, most probably due to her shifting around in her seat, the soldier felt herself cracking again, not being able to be confronted with so many conflicting emotions and needs.


In a snap she corrected her posture and freed her leg stealthily out of her reach to reduce the collateral damage within her.


After regaining her senses, Lisa played along with Jennie’s farce and stretched her hand out to inspect the wounds which she knew already still throbbed from the conditions this morning.


“It’s nothing,” but the brunette could see from her angle the even worse bruised knuckles.


“Can you even properly bend them?”


“Of course,” Lisa said out of reflex, eager to no not admit any other weakness to the smaller girl.


Jennie, however, thought to have seen a tiny flicker in her eyes and she wanted to test her theory.

With her gaze firmly attached to these brown, dark eyes which always hid an intimidating depth, she reached out with her hand and pressed on Lisa’s one to form a fist without touching her knuckles. And just as she thought – despite Lisa smirking – she saw it.


“You don’t always have to be strong, Lisa,” her small, warm hand remained on Lisa’s without squeezing it affirmatively.


Lisa gazed deeply into her eyes and her smirk faded quickly. That hit a nerve the soldier didn’t even know existed.


“It’s who I am, Jennie,” Lisa retracted her hand and a coldness laid itself over Lisa’s face which the brunette couldn’t have anticipated.


“You’re still human,” the brunette felt slightly hurt and showed it on the outside without impressing Lisa this time.


“I am a soldier,” the room had suddenly turned so much colder and her heart began to bleed for the blonde.


“My job is to function, what is your explanation?” Lisa continued right after and didn’t lift her piercing, freezing stare once off of her. She saw the moment her words met on Jennie’s ears, the ways her eyes opened wider for a second and then return to normal again. She knew exactly to what she was referring to.


“Are we done here?” Jennie asked abruptly as she stood up to gather her things and put them back in her bag.


Lisa just shook her head weakly and tried to come across as indifferent as she could.


Without another word, they both finished packing their things and exited the building into the already pitch black evening. There were only a few lights scattered on the giant area.


Lisa hadn’t said anything ever since and while Jennie partly felt bad about her behavior, she now felt more concerned and uncomfortable.


She repetitiously turned her head around to see if someone was behind them or in near proximity, but she could barely make out anything in the dark.


The soldier in the meanwhile was fuming in silence. She just couldn’t crack the mystery that was this girl.


She really tried not to give a damn but it was too difficult and clearly exceeding the boundaries of a mere crush.


With neither of them talking, the muffled steps were the only sounds which could be heard in addition to the rustling of Jennie’s jacket.


Suddenly, Lisa felt at first one arm snacking itself around her right arm and then as a hand securely landed on her arm as well.


For a moment, the soldier was so close to stumble because of the rush she felt from feeling her so close and holding her arm so effeminately.


When Lisa dared to turn her head into her direction, she saw in the darkness as the girl tried to bury her face as much into her scarf as she could to protect herself from the cold.


The soldier bit her tongue and didn’t comment on the action or tried to start a conversation, thus they walked like this until they reached the neatly lit gate. And as if Jennie knew about how it would look like to her comrades, she let Lisa’s arm out of her grip and trailed slightly behind again.


“Do you want one?” the soldier offered her a cigarette when they reached the dark parking lot of the academy and stood uncertainly in front of Lisa’s car.


Jennie accepted and Lisa was glad. It gifted her the opportunity to at least enjoy some more minutes in the now suddenly so soothing darkness before her thoughts would start running wild again.


“Thank you,” she replied and lit it. Lisa’s eyes traced along the path how the cigarette met with these plum, soft lips. The blonde started to wonder out of the blue if Jennie ever thought about the kisses they had shared or if it truly was a memory she wanted to forget.


Lisa figured that this was a topic that was never supposed to see daylight again.


Peaceful silence engulfed them and the occasional sounds of faraway cars were oddly relaxing as well. It was almost as if the cold surrounding them and the pain hanging constantly over their heads didn’t exist.


“Will you come again tomorrow?” Lisa didn’t expect the question to come out as soft as it did, but it did fit the situation.


“You’ll see,” Jennie said with a hint of gentle amusement in her voice.


“Do you always have to be this ambiguous?” she asked in return in the same manner as Jennie, keeping the air light.


“I heard that mystery keeps people interested,”


Lisa had to chuckle in unison with the brunette as she took another drag of the cigarette. A soft smile remained on her lips as she gazed at the brunette.


“You want to keep me interested? Interesting,” another chuckle from both of them.

Oh, if Jennie could hear her heartbeat, she would call the ambulance right away.


The brunette just shook her head while giggling to herself a bit and took a last drag of the cigarette before she squished it into the snow.


“Alright, Manoban,” she commenced her leaving in a teasing way with a strict voice, getting closer to the soldier to hug her as a goodbye, “thanks for today,”


She waited a moment for Lisa to finish smoking and saw the signal for her to go in for a hug.


Instead of just getting a short-lived hug, Lisa couldn’t help but pour her emotions and her tired needs into it. As Jennie brought her body close and crossed her arms behind Lisa’s neck, the soldier wrapped her arms wholly around her waist and held her tight.

The brunette only giggled quietly in response with her cute voice into Lisa’s chest as she buried her face into the scarf covering the crook of Jennie’s neck. The smell of Jennie’s skin mixed with the delicious perfume was like a drug and Lisa was right at the source and couldn’t get enough. And for the first time she did what she truly wanted and not what would benefit her composure.


She pressed Jennie even tighter and elicited a squeal out of the brunette when she lifted her off of the ground.


She was so light and Lisa could do that for hours but she feared letting her drop as she felt how Jennie tried to regain balance by locking her legs around her waist. Lisa was not ready for that and let her back to the ground safely.


“You’re so tiny,” Lisa teased after both shared yet another small laugh with a slightly trembling voice which Jennie mistook from effort of lifting her.

The soldier was in dire need to distract while she wanted to hold on longer. The brunette, however, noticed how Lisa’s hand remained at her waist and only slowly and reluctantly left their place.


“And you’re so tall,” Jennie retorted but her voice was suddenly quiet and low as if she didn’t want to destroy the frail bubble they had right now.


“It’s a match then,” without missing a beat, her brow twitched but her smirk not long after turned into something more serious.


She continued to gaze deeply into Jennie’s eyes which were now closer to hers than before the hug and due to being in the dark for so long, their eyes had adjusted to the point of seeing each other as well as they could.

Sparks and electric currents were flowing like crazy through the air and Lisa felt as if she would collab any minute now, not being able to withstand such attraction for such a prolonged time.


“A match made in heaven, huh?” Jennie teased back again, not letting herself faze the slightest bit from Lisa’s unexpected statement.


“A match here on earth would suffice,” Lisa answered dryly with a trace of teasing and smugness but also with the severity of her feelings towards Jennie.


There was no way she could mistake it, there was no way to not notice. But there wasn’t any reaction yet, only the deep, unwavering stare into her eyes.


And then it happened what Lisa had wished for Jennie to do in her head on repeat; the moment she saw Jennie coming closer to her in an awfully slow tempo, her body switched and was now fully driven by what she felt and not by what she was supposed to behave like.


At first a little bit confused if that was really happening, Lisa then gazed into Jennie’s eyes and then on her parted lips. Her breath grew fast – almost labored whereas Jennie seemed calm and focused.


The tension grew and made the cold evening feel hot and let every fiber in Lisa’s body prickle with anticipation.


They were now touching with the tip of their shoes and it was as if both were now unable to control what would happen next.


Lisa lifted her hand in a daze and brought it to Jennie’s soft but cold cheek and caressed it gently as she let her head slightly lean down and close.


The soldier wanted to say something, anything. But all words were caught in . Jennie didn’t utter any word as well even though Lisa needed her to. She wanted a sign of some sort.


But nothing came and Lisa couldn’t hold herself back any longer.


Their lips touched at last with Lisa holding Jennies cheek for support with the other dangling down. It was a featherlike touch, with barely any applied pressure, fragile with many emotions on Lisa’s side. It differed immensely from the needy kiss they had shared a week ago.


It only lasted for a few seconds until the soldier retracted her face enough for her to see clearly Jennie’s eyes who watched her attentively already.  She neither saw happiness nor sadness, neither approval nor disgust.


Kind of high but let down in record time, she felt the strength leaving all of her muscles.


But Jennie finally acted on her own and gave the other girl new life. She brought her hands to Lisa’s neck and gently pulled her to herself, making their lips connect again. This time longer and with the participation of the brunette.


Jennie tilted her head slightly to the right to grant Lisa closer access. Their lips moved against each other slowly for several times until Lisa regained her strength and gripped Jennie’s small waist with both her hands.


It was a slow kiss and the soldier was melting into every move of Jennie, was melting into the feel of her heavenly lips and her taste. The texture of her lips felt amazing, but it felt even more amazing to feel how Jennie took her lip between hers, engulfing it with damp hotness.


Jennie’s fingertips brushed along her neck and then gripped it softly to pull her even closer to deepen the kiss.


Jennie’s lips simultaneously parted even more for the blonde to fill the space. Thousand of nerves tingled in Lisa’s body and went haywire causing her lips to tremble a little from the overload of positive emotions, but the soldier didn’t care how she came across in this very moment.


She had, however, at least enough blood in her brain left to suppress the moan that wanted to be set free as she felt how Jennie’s teeth accidentally grazed along her lower lip. A wave of arousal shot through her blood system with its destination being her core.  


There was no single cell capable of acting accordingly even though the soldier wanted to engrave this moment forever into her memory with each detail, but the oxygen was running low on Jennie’s part and so she had to end the kiss with one last peck.


Lisa’s breathing was rapid but she made sure to hide it as much as possible whereas Jennie’s quiet breathing could be heard better by now.


With Jennie’s lips not clouding her head anymore, the haze quickly seemed to dissipate as the consequences had no mercy and almost instantly caught up on them – or rather Jennie.


She held the eye contact but her hands slid off Lisa’s neck, signaling for her to let go as well.


There was no reassuring sign coming from the brunette.


“I gotta go now,” she said in a low and husky tone and as she saw Lisa’s questioning glance, she immediately continued, “Jisoo picks me up, I still need to talk to her about Friday,”


The soldier only nodded weakly and accepted it with a disheartened expression, even if she wanted to object, she couldn’t. She was still too shaken.


With slight hesitation, Jennie eventually stepped back and turned around leaving the girl alone as if they didn’t just share an intimate kiss.

Lisa watched after her, watched as she walked the long street down to a streetlamp where a car was waiting. She watched her long hair dangling with each step she took, watched as she climbed into the car and looked into her direction before she greeted her friend and they drove off.


Was she damned to always watch her go with more questions than answers filling her head?