Chapter 11

Academy of the Lonely

 

A/N: Longest chapter to date. Beware Violence ahead (at the end of the chapter), but not too much.

 

 

There was a certain line, marking the differences between the civilian and the military lifestyle. If not for the weapons, warfare, blood and possible death in contrast to the rather harmless civilian life, Lisa physically experienced the reasons why both worlds weren’t meant to mix.


They were two opposites which weren’t attracting each other like in a romantic movie – they were simply repulsed by each other without any hesitation.


Like water and oil; water rejected the oil while the oil tainted the other in return. There was no possible scenario where the outcome could be described as positive.


Due to the dire need to appeal to the general public, the soldiers of the Academy were to fully enroll at the high school instead of just doing so part-time and fulfilling their responsibilities as cadets of a prestigious institution at the same time.


The consequences ensued to go years back to the beginning of their military career.


The military was undoubtedly rough, even more so if you were exemplary and representative for a whole country. However, it had been a soothing certainty that there was more freedom to come with each higher rank – despite the growing responsibilities on their shoulders.


Long gone believed were the times for the soldiers to stand still with impeccable uniforms and tidy room precisely at 5 in the morning.


But now they’d returned and each normal high schooler could feel it, could feel the hate radiating off of each one of them in waves but especially of one certain soldier.


Lisa had to get up even earlier now – at 4 – to get ready and arrive punctually at the Academy.


Since time was sparse, the physical drill of ten hours had been condensed to four excruciating hours. They topped off their misery with the condition to stay longer in school to make up for missing the first classes. Which wouldn’t have happened in the first place if they didn’t have to do drills ‘til 9.


Lisa’s new routine was even more stressful and even more pressuring. The air around her grew thin, the expectations of the Academy and the school together were absurd.


A soldier was meant to dedicate their life to one – not to both.


Another thing the soldier didn’t miss about her first year in the Academy was the damn sleep deprivation, a sweet side effect of training all day long until late and having to get up again before even feeling as if at least an hour of sleep had been caught. The difference to ten years ago was its intensity with which it returned, making Lisa incomprehensible for her own standards.


Everything and everyone started to piss her off so bad in this state that merely hearing someone breathe too audibly made her want to go berserk. Even Jimin, happy-go-lucky Jimin, got caught up in the downward spiral their life had become.


Actually, Lisa should be glad. Since the drill got so much worse again, it gave her the opportunity to relief her pent-up energy, easing her agitation, irritation and confusion. But the combination of seeing Jennie from afar now more often was explosive.


Ever since the incident on Monday both had kept their distance and with each newly shared class and with each laughter escaping Jennie’s lips and hitting on Lisa’s ears out of the distance made her seethe.


Seethe so much that she couldn’t control her temperament at times, managing to even scare away the otherwise so resilient and bubbly Chaeyoung. The thought of apologizing didn’t occur once due to the sheer mass of aggression having built a nest in her body.


Her initial indifference with annoyed tendencies turned into hate; hating the school, hating most people in it, hating to cater to her parents, the Academy and the chairmen of the city. She hated to see Jennie each day, seeing how she ignored her and never spared her any acknowledgement, any explanation, any apology.


In Lisa’s mind an apology for ing up her brain in every way was very appropriate. An apology for making her think about her more often than not, for making her feel weird sensations, for making her feel like an incapable wimp who was a slave to her whims. Like a marionette.


Didn’t she know that Lisa already had a puppet master?


Being controlled by two, both pulling her into different directions tore her apart – each day a little bit more.


But most needed was an apology for making her miss her even though she almost saw her every day. Paradoxically, the closer Jennie was physically, the farther away it seemed to the soldier who had beaten herself up mentally a thousand times for even thinking such things, for even feeling this attraction, this pull and this fascination for the one and only Kim Jennie. A girl who made Lisa feel infinitesimally smaller than she actually was. She was great even but the potential went unnoticed to the civilian eye.


Lisa sighed, unable to assess what possibilities would suit her situation the best. Standing without her long, warm coat in the winter landscape with its freezing coldness might not have been one of them albeit it dared to reduce the boiling agitation for at least a little bit, numb it.


Nicotine had failed to do so, even after the second cigarette. Maybe the third one would do its job properly.


Lisa stood still at the usual smoking spot alone on a Friday. Chaeyoung hadn’t been a frequent guest to begin with but didn’t even visit the spot once after experiencing the soldier in state differing from sarcastically humorous and tense indifference.


There was no trace of Jennie either, regardless of the fact that she used to be here almost as much as Lisa was.


The soldier was motionless with only the slight tremor of her hands differentiating her from a statue. She was surrounded by snow, lying serenely on the ground, partly tarnished by the dirt of the street and cars.


But the mood the snow might evoke in most didn’t reach the solider. The restlessness within her didn’t fade just as there was not one single moment of peace.


From the outside she might even look composed albeit her slightly furrowed brows exposed some of her irritation to the eye. Internally, however, she was crumpling and falling apart with no one catching the pieces to put her together and make her whole again.


Lisa had accepted the path she inherited from her parents – she was neither happy nor sad about it and even found her place in the Academy and established herself as a feared and respected soldier. But entering high school made her life so much worse.

 

She despised the thought running in circles endlessly and repeating one person’s name with each loop. All her thoughts were connected with the beautiful misery that unfolded explosively after a boundary was overstepped, after the rush of power was too strong to handle.


She rigorously shook her head, trying to evade that scene replaying again.


Jennie, kissing her, parting her hot, wet lips, giving Lisa a delicious invitation for penetration which she unfortunately didn’t accept.


In an especially torn condition Lisa had toyed with the thought whether it would’ve been better if she would’ve just thrown all caution to the wind, disregarding Jennie’s gender and her true feelings, and just would’ve taken her, overpowering her.
 

Maybe that way Lisa would’ve gotten it all of it out of her system albeit the mere idea of it lit an even bigger fire in her body.


Lisa abruptly threw the third cigarette in a row to the ground and stomped furiously on it after feeling no such glimmer of calmness soothing her agitated nerves still.


Walking inside the main hall, she felt her hands prickle from the significant temperature difference as she walked over to Jimin, who stood with two other comrades in a small circle.
 

There was no happy laughter and no jokes being told – their faces were long and tired.


Almost everyone by now avoided most soldiers due to different reasons but the most frequent one in Lisa’s case was out of pure intimidation.


Wherever she stepped foot unto, her aura, her glare, her towering; they all cowered in front of her, especially those who had witnessed what she was capable of last weekend.


In the main hall her eyes immediately landed on one brunette who was vividly talking to a classmate and yet another emotion attached itself to the seemingly endless train of negative feelings – jealousy.  


She couldn’t help but wonder if he and Jennie had hooked up in the past and if someone, as plain as he, was a match for her. Only because of the mere reason that he possessed a fleshly extension was he in the realm of Jennie’s possible options. And she wouldn’t cry, she would probably rejoice from mediocracy.


No, there wouldn’t be a lonely tear strolling down her cheek causing the body to turn itself inside out. That would make the hotness in her blood run cold and turn from a fiery red to a pale blue.


She clenched her fists until her knuckles turned white and the brunette next to Jennie had noticed the intense stare toward her direction, tipping on Jennie’s shoulder to steer her attention to it.


That small gesture started to rev her up and give Lisa enough reason to trash against that girl’s face again and again until she would be disfigured beyond recognition.


But Jennie didn’t turn around and gave her no acknowledgement whatsoever and only Jimin’s and his friends’ plan saved her from exploding in front of the whole school, including Jennie.


“Lisa, will you come with us?” Jimin asked her as she greeted them with a low growl.


“Where to?” Her eyes could barely focus on her brother and always strayed into the direction of Jennie.


“There’s this party but we weren’t invited, so we wanna crash it,” he answered and his friends agreed, hating on the folks who categorically excluded them. They didn’t care as well if their classmate had any legitimate reason or not. All soldiers were prone to developing a complex about dominance.


They had the weapons, the tanks, the uniforms, the prestige – how dare they to treat them as someone on a lower level.


Lisa seriously thought joining them which emphasized her overall desperation.


No drill, no physical exhaustion and no cigarette could help. She needed alcohol again, yet again because of Jennie.


But this time she needed something else as well – or rather – someone else.

 

~~~

 

They crashed the party with a loud bang, storming the house like they had practiced so often before.


Some of the people inside were surprised, some afraid, some were pissed and some just didn’t care as long as they could continue to party, no matter with whom.


And then there was the host, son of a rich family with a valuable big house, who was dragged outside by two of the soldiers and was followed by Jimin. The host had made a scene and within the darkness of the night they would teach him how to respect higher authority.


Inside, Lisa didn’t care one bit about it. She gave a damn about what they’d do to him. The only thing she was concerned with was how to get alcohol into her system and find a victim.


She strolled with no rush through the hot and crowded corridor with many faces not belonging to the local high school. She mustered the dozens of neon tubes gracing the walls and plunging the whole ground floor into red, purple and pink with the slight dim addition from hanging lamps.


The lighting creating an atmosphere that was quite fitting for Lisa’s plan. It evoked the impression of a shady party albeit the tidy and expensive interior raised it unto a classy level.


Alcohol of every sort was available in abundance and the preparation, the search and the execution paired with her most favorite drink in one hand and an already lit cigarette in the other succeeded to give the soldier something she didn’t think existed anymore.


Calmness. Concentration. Anticipation.


She placed herself near a darker corner next to the dance floor and just observed everyone having fun. She watched as guys pathetically tried to get a little friction, crawling somewhere from the back to unsuspecting girls dancing and enjoying themselves, grinding against their back until being pushed away and repeat.


Lisa noted that presumably half of the party goers were strangers to high school. Especially the guys seemed to be older than the average. Some of them were really good looking and suddenly the thought, shouting that she was glad that Jennie wasn’t here, invaded her skull.

Surely all these older guys had eyes and no one was as pretty and as charming as she was.
 

They would flock to her immediately if she were to step up on the party.


The soldier’s eyes continued to roam the room and landed on one guy in particular. He was tall, had short hair which was styled to the site with well-groomed-three-day stubbles. He wore a white t-shirt, tightly clutching around his body and his muscles.


She watched him as she smirked to his friend.


She had to admit that he was very good looking and definitely not from her high school. He was either in university or already working.


The soldier studied him further, noticing his strong jaw line, the veins going along his arms.
 

He was probably the type most girls would fall for, but there was nothing with Lisa that stirred when she observed him and his features.


No excitement, no anticipation, no giddiness to walk up to him and try engaging him into a conversation or more.


When her drink had emptied so had her desire for some male victim.


Basically all guys were the same – there wasn’t a single one who could elicit any positive emotions within her.


She was never before forced to think about her preferences as there never had been anyone to catch and hold her interest like Jennie did.


Did she really like girls?


If she’d really do so, she was ed.


There was no way she would bury herself with the embarrassment after emphasizing the fact again and again that she didn’t like girls.


Nope, her ing mouth was just too noisy sometimes – especially under the influence of alcoholic beverages.


Lisa sighed as she scanned the room anew before going and getting herself another, stronger drink. But when her eyes located unexpectantly her she was startled and froze involuntarily.


Jennie appeared on the dance floor with her brunette friend and Chaeyoung.


Not knowing why, Lisa held her breath as she let her gaze wander over Jennie’s appearance.
A red, wooly jacket was leisurely slung around her with one sleeve slipping below and uncovering her , delicate shoulder. Beneath the jacket her top body was merely covered by a strapless, multicolored top that resembled an expensive cloth. The outfit was paired with tight, black jeans, high heels and long earrings.


After feeling the oxygen running low, she mutely gasped for air and quickly went into the kitchen to not just mix a stronger drink but to drown several shots in a row to artificially calm her racing heartbeat a little.


It seemed as if Jennie would play all her cards tonight and the heat hadn’t left Lisa still. She felt as if the brunette was teasing her in the worst was possible, showing off her delicious body, making it available for anybody to see and for everybody to drool.


Why couldn’t she go back to what she was before?
 

It was so exhausting to be fretting like this, to feel this constant tension, which was suffocating in Jennie’s proximity, and never get rest, knowing somewhere in the back of the head that this desire will never be reciprocated.


Stupidly, however, it was within human’s nature to desire the unavailable even more until every fiber of your body burned down to the ground and died in the fire of the endless chase, the endless restlessness.


So what if she might have a little crush on a girl, right?
 

And so what if she felt a little sting when she saw Chaeyoung with her – it seemed like all three of them were best friends already and Lisa was damned to remain watching from the outside.


The dawning revelation about her preferences wasn’t so heavy anymore after finally feeling the effects of the alcohol and finding people playing a drinking game.


Even if she never really cared for people at all, they came in handy when needed to get her mind off of anything or someone.


There was a large round table in the middle of the kitchen, putting drinks in near proximity to refill them quickly and return to the game. The red and purple lights of the neon tubes reflected on the shiny surface of the expensive table and colored the light smoke in the room with the same hues.


When Lisa joined the round there were quite a few people who watched her with a mixture of suspicion and hesitation. But no one had dared to say anything and thus the game continued with the soldier participating.


“What are we playing?” After a while Jimin had come inside and sat down next to his sister. He smiled but it didn’t reach his eyes.


“Ring of fire,” she answered with an indifferent tone and quickly explained the rules which had been explained to her before.


As the name suggested, a ring of cards was spread on the table and each number had a meaning to it.


One after another had to pick a random card out of the ring and if it was a 7 the neighbor on the right had to drink. An 8 meant that the neighbor on the left had to drink and so on.
There was, however, a certain twist; They had integrated the game spin the bottle into it whenever a king or a queen was drawn.


All the while the siblings were conversing all familiar with each other, the remaining participants just stared at them for a moment.


They were indeed intimidating and especially Lisa quickly gained a reputation, but Jimin himself didn’t emit such a friendly aura either.


Everyone at the table started to relax and have a good time together with Lisa and Jimin after some time had passed and alcohol had been drunken in abundance.


Even Lisa herself could distract herself for the meanwhile through the help of her brother.


“What are you even wearing?” Lisa turned slightly to Jimin and picked at the sleeve of his shirt which looked like a tourist souvenir out of Hawaii with all these sunset colors and silhouettes of palms.


“That’s quality, alright?” Jimin fixed his slightly crumpled sleeve from Lisa’s pull and they continued to bicker about nothing significant at all while playing the game.


The game later exceptionally amused Lisa when the first king was drawn and the guy, who had drawn the card, dared the girl next to Lisa to take off her top and run around the house with only her bra covering her top body. It was needless to say that many were quite tipsy already and more prone to do stupid things in front of masses of strangers and classmates.


The people who were scattered everywhere and didn’t know about the game were highly amused by such occurrence and some even quickly drew their smartphones in order to capture the hilarious moment on video.


“You’ll get that back,” the girl said breathlessly to the sleezy guy who had picked such dare.
 

Lisa was actually entertained and lit a cigarette with a small smirk playing on her lips, assured that no one would dare her to any such sorts.


She inhaled the smoke of the cigarette deeply and held it captive in her lungs and enjoyed as she finally felt the effects of the nicotine.


In the hour they already played and warmed up with each other did well on her agitation albeit it was quite superficial.


“I didn’t know you could relax like this,” the girl, who completed the dare earlier with grace, sat next to her and struck up a conversation with a friendly smile. Jimin had gone astray sometime ever since joining and flirted relentlessly with some girl sitting next to him.


After noticing Lisa’s mustering stare, she introduced herself, “I’m Sona by the way,”


“Lisa,” the soldier answered noncommitting.


“Everything is possible with Osborne,” she added plainly, neither with an irritated face nor with a pleasant one and held her drink in the air to emphasize her statement.


“Really? I’ve never tasted it before, can I take a sip?” the girl got a little bit closer to the soldier and Lisa couldn’t decide whether it was due to the loud, blaring music or because she was in fact flirting with her.


She arched a brow but eventually shrugged and gave this Sona girl her glass. Might as well spread the message of the sort of alcohol which was hard but only caused mild hangovers at max.


“Wow,” her eyes sparkled in the purple lights of the neon tubes as she returned the glass to its rightful owner, “I love it,”


Lisa could admit that the girl next to her was nice with her dimples and white teeth showing. But in the end she was no match and would never elicit more than the shrug of her shoulders.


She was pleasant, however. More pleasant than the rest and so she was good enough to kill some time with while trying to forget Jennie who lurked by now behind every corner of the maze that was Lisa’s brain. And it was better than nothing since Jimin had already another mission and discarded his moody sister altogether.


“Told you, Osborne never disappoints,” Lisa reclined slightly back into the chair and a small smirk appeared on her face as she returned her attention back to the game as it was her turn.


She drew a jack which started a minigame called ‘I pack my bag and take with me…’.


“I pack my bag and take with me a knife,” Lisa started and everyone after her had to repeat what she said and everything else that had been said before. It surprisingly took two, complete rounds until someone failed and had to take a big shot.


“Yo, is there still room for two?” a voice suddenly asked behind the blonde’s back and was already invited when she turned around inwardly startled by seeing Jennie with him.


Jackpot.
 

Not.


The strongly fought for calmness dissipated into thin air just like that, with all of the possible scenarios crashing into Lisa’s head, making her seethe yet again. It was as if the calmer minutes had only existed in a faraway world, too far to be caught.


She couldn’t see the brunette with a guy beside her anymore without thinking that they’d end up in bed – judging by the looks he gave her it seemed as if he was all set for that and only needed to sway her.


Jennie took the only vacant place opposite of Lisa at the table. It wasn’t possible to not notice the soldier but she still acted as if, letting herself be touched on her shoulder as the guy offered to get them a drink. The interaction was followed out of the corner of her eyes and she recognized the guy.

 

Lisa started to chuckle mirthlessly and bitterly inwardly at her own assumptions turning true; it was the muscular guy from the dancefloor, the one she assumed all girls would crush on.

 

Including Jennie, apparently.


If only Lisa sat at the opposite site of the table and if only Jennie weren’t so busy concentrating on the soldier as stealthily as she could would they have noticed that this guy secretly spiked Jennie’s drink.


When he returned all the rules were explained anew to the both of them.


“Do you have any other secret tips?” Sona turned to Lisa, not knowing that her insides had shifted 180 degrees.


Before answering Lisa took some breaths, “I could tell you how to get back at this guy,” she gestured with her drink into his direction and the girl was all ears.
 

In between explaining, however, Lisa couldn’t stop her eyes from blatantly traveling all over Jennie.


Her posture was straight as she attentively followed the game. She looked so gorgeous tonight. So elegant – not like a 17 years old girl but like a 25 years old, mature woman.


Her smiles were faint, her complete aura so feminine and Lisa’s heart bled thinking about this unworthy prole tainting only one inch of that woman in front of her.


Due to her obvious glances the soldier saw that the brunette sometimes watched her as well out of the corner of her eyes, but never directly. Only when Sona leaned in close for the blonde to whisper into her ear more did Jennie’s eyes take the direct route and checked out the scene.


Lisa felt the by now familiar rush shooting through her system when their gazes met at last.
 

She froze, feeling as if it’d been a hundred years since the brunette directly looked at her and didn’t avert her gaze immediately after. No matter how hard she concentrated, she just couldn’t decipher the look in her eyes. They seemed as if they were inviting her albeit repulsing her at the same time.
 

Should she go over and talk to her about the incident?
 

She didn’t even know what to say or what was there to say to begin with, all she knew was that she wanted her out of that guy’s reach and near hers.


After seconds Jennie couldn’t deny Park, as he was called by some before, the attention any longer.


The soldier, who felt hot and cold, had to avert her gaze in the end as well. She was unable to see both of them sitting so close to each other with Park stealing touches every now and then.


She concentrated on Sona. It was now her turn and she drew a card to spin the bottle. Instead of doing that, however, she wanted to spend seven minutes in paradise with the one who drew an ace.


Fittingly, there were only one card left for each one of them to draw and after Jennie had seen that she furrowed her brows and looked into Lisa’s direction for the second time, but quickly averted her gaze before it could collide with Lisa’s again and sipped shyly on her drink.


When the sleezy guy, who had dared Sona before, exactly drew the remaining ace, Lisa smirked victoriously and signaled her to go. With all the attention of the round laying on the two of them retreating to a more private room, no one noticed how Jennie’s lips escaped a relieved sigh.


Sona happily took his hand and led him out of the room and into a dark, small wardrobe where she would falsely offer him a hand but instead would only steal his pants – including his underwear.


With Sona gone, Jimin long gone with the girl next to him and no revenge to plan, the toxic soup began to boil within the blonde and eventually spilled when this er leaned so close to Jennie. Shortly after they excused themselves and left the round, leaving the soldier alone with all kinds of images flooding her imagination.


She feared to turn blind by the rage she started to feel, expecting the worst case to happen in the next half hour.


She stood up abruptly, refilled her drink to the brim and went outside without any jacket and began to smoke another and tried to get a clearer head but it was to no avail. She even intentionally missed seeing this sleezy guy walking around in panic with his thing dangling freely in the air and being free for anybody to see.


Lisa drowned the strong drink in one go and had to cough after being too eager to devour it all at once.


After she was done, she smashed the glass unto the terrace of the garden without a care.

She was fuming, clenching her jaw and her fists repeatedly without finding a way out of her situation.


She felt weak, powerless and completely lost as she even felt her eyes b with tears of anger. She angrily wiped her eyes, shooing the pathetic tears away with force.


She went several times through her hair, staring into the nothingness and didn’t know how to handle such emotions.


She had great knowledge to outsmart many kinds of opponents, was intelligent and had known with ease which remaining cards had been in the ring and which card would be drawn by this sleezy guy. But never had she experienced such strong emotions towards a person – one she shared barely any history with.


She was just pathetic and completely unsure of herself which couldn’t happen for someone like her.


A leader was always supposed to keep a cool head where other lost theirs, keep the head up even if the situation was dire, stray grounded while others took off – now she was the complete opposite and hating everything about it.


“Lisa!” the door to the backyard flew open and an upset Chaeyoung stormed to her, catching the soldier completely off guard and unintentionally pulling her out of a vortex of self-loathing.


The soldier quickly turned around with deeply furrowed brows and a confused and foggy mind. Last time she checked the pastel haired girl was mad at her and not talking to her.


“What?” the words involuntarily came out too harshly, almost putting them into the same situation which had divided them before.


“Jennie, She…,” the brunette friend who hung unto Jennie like a leek appeared suddenly next to Chaeyoung, both heavily breathing – they had searched for the soldier everywhere.


Now they had her complete attention and her body was weirdly and out of instinct in a fight or flight mode. The flight mode was evolutionary and used by the majority of mankind, but for Lisa it was always fight or fight.


“What is with her?” her seething anger and desperation colored unto her trembling voice without knowing what even had happened, although the vibes of both of them and their rush weren’t exactly good signs.


Both were stunned by her aggressive and slightly intoxicated appearance.


“She acts weird and these guys, they..” Chaeyoung didn’t finish the sentence, so Jisoo did, “They don’t wanna let her go,”


“Where?” Suddenly the anger was gone and replaced by a superficial, deadly calmness, resembling the eerie quietness within the eye of a tornado. It had been a deceiving absence of devastation, but it would only take minutes until the short-lived idyll was destroyed.


“They were upstairs, at the end of the long corridor,” after Jisoo hastily explained her last whereabouts, Lisa dashed off immediately with Jisoo and Chaeyoung tagging along with a safe distance.


The soldier pushed several drunken and partying people out of the way, skipping steps while going upstairs.


Following along the long corridor where only few people were scattered or looked for a room to have disappointing, drunken , she heard the giggling of the girl who was the tornado to her body. One second of her rush ensued years of rebuilding what was ultimately changed.


“How about we get out of here?” It was Park, the guy Jennie had been with at the table. His question elicited another giggle and caused Lisa’s heart to slam abnormally fast in .


“But we drunk,” Jennie’s voice seemed altered and much too high-pitched. She couldn’t possibly get this drunk within the relatively short time Lisa pondered her pitiful existence as a human with feelings.


“My friend can drive us, he’s real nice,”


When Lisa finally reached the source of these sounds she encountered the image of Park cornering Jennie against a wall while another guy, probably his friend, watched the scene with a disgusting smirk.


Without any prior warning she’d rushed to the three and grabbed the arm of Park, swirling him around and punching him directly in the face.


He recoiled form the blow and his friend only then realized that there was an intruder.


Jennie gasped audibly, her shoulders immediately tensed as she held both her hands defensively near her chest.


“The ?!” Park grunted after he processed the sudden attack. He held his hand to his nose, feeling blood pooling in his palm.


“Let her go,” The soldier panted hard from the adrenaline and didn’t feel an ounce of the pain within her bruising knuckles.


The other guy went to Jennie’s side and grabbed her by the waist, “Piss off, we want some privacy here,”


Lisa watched the brunette looking at her through half-lidded eyes, her cheeks a stark red and her gaze so, so empty. It was then that the soldier realized that she wasn’t drunk but drugged.


Chaeyoung and Jisoo caught up to the scene and cowered behind Lisa, watching with dread the scene unfold and how Lisa stood up to two taller and more muscular guys all on her own.


No three seconds ticked off the clock when she comprehended Jennie’s situation. With curse words accompanied, she threw herself to the other guy holding Jennie and tore his disgusting hands off of her, pushing him hard to the ground and the brunette to the other girls – shielding her away from them.


Park had recovered in the meantime while Lisa was busy and caught her off guard when he landed a hard blow directly under her left eye.


A piercing pain penetrated her skull as she almost fell to the ground from the sheer force. On his hand was a ring that had doubled the strength of the punch and caused a laceration which immediately bled.


The girls shouted in horror something but were paralyzed to do anything or to get someone else to help Lisa. It didn’t matter to the soldier anyways. She’d become deaf to their pleas to stop and get away. All she could see was red and all she could feel was the pressing need to leash out.


Nothing could have stopped her, not even the cause of her misery herself who tried to reach out to the soldier but was too inhibited by the drugs.


Instead of grunting in pain, Lisa only smirked wickedly before she again went over to Park.


In this fight she would now use special tactics learned in the Academy. She would only use her force – not her brainpower.


The guy was able to fend off the first hit but not the second which hit him with all her might under his chin, causing his head to jerk back and echoes of something cracking through the corridor.


Right when she wanted to land yet another fist unto his face, the other guy grabbed her from behind and trapped her but she could free her right arm and it took his face only three rough meetings with her pointy elbow until he dropped to the ground and released her out of his grip.


Not caring if her was unconscious already or not, she started to consecutively kick him again and again until Park tumbled to his rescue. He was, however, weakened already and just another blow right against his face made him fall to the ground with a loud crash, losing his consciousness from the impact.


All this time Lisa hadn’t heard anything, she was tightly trapped inside her tunnel vision and found herself breaking out of it after Jisoo and Chaeyoung dragged her with joint forces off of the guy, refraining her from possibly committing a crime.


Jennie, who had watched the scene through a strong haze while feeling this weird unreasonably, artificial heat, could barely express what she wanted to say. Her body didn’t listen to her – she couldn’t react at all to everything that happened around her.


Chaeyoung clung to Lisa’s arm while Jisoo rushed to Jennie.


“You’re bleeding!” as Chaeyoung could inspect the damage on her friend’s part, she saw a bruise with blood on Lisa’s left cheek, but Lisa’s gaze was solely focused on the brunette without registering anything else.


“You!” she tore her arm out of Chaeyoung’s clutch and advanced quickly to Jennie who could barely move her body accordingly to the faint fear she felt somewhere in the back of her head.


Lisa’s behavior was aggressive, causing Jisoo to shield her friend off with a trembling arm.


The soldier didn’t care and easily could get through to her desired destination by pushing Jisoo away and grabbing Jennie by the collar of her red jacket, pining her against a wall.


“That’s what happens when..,” Her voice was loud and dripped with hostility but the volume gradually sunk after realizing that it was indeed Jennie in front of her, staring at her with her still half-lidded eyes and parted lips.
 

When she stared into the face of the girl who had tortured her and saw the barely focused glaze Lisa let her go and took a step back.


“You…,” the more she gazed into her eyes the more speechless she became and eventually didn’t know what she wanted to say in the first place. She then started to direct her anger at Jennie’s useless friend.


She turned around and looked at her with a piercing stare, “ing take better care of her,”


Lisa roughly wiped off the blood as she left the scene, leaving three girls stunned, one guy without consciousness and the other in a fetal position, cowering on the ground, afraid a single movement would evoke more kicks.