The New Regiment

The Rise Of The Dead
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyoung puts on her uniform then ties her long brunette hair up in a neat bun while looking at herself in the mirror. Four years in the academy and two at the training camp and another two in training inside the military was enough to get her ready to face the real world and she will leave the camp with flying colors as she did her best at everything she does, putting all of what she had felt in that recurrent nightmare as her motivation. 

She aimed for that division in the military, the new regiment and school wouldn't be something to hinder her desire to see her savior again. She passed the initial exam and now, she will be attending the new recruits assembly. 

However, good grades and great recommendation wouldn't be her ammunition to be accepted in that platoon that never had an opening. It's the platoon of that boy who saved her -- Aris Park. 

The name was foreign to her and no matter how she thought hard, she could never recall the name he gave. However, amongst all the soldiers of that division of military who visited the academy at that time of the year to give encouragement to its trainees, only Aris Park resembled that boy. 

Aris captained the only platoon in the Rescue Corps with the best men as all he never looses one on the field. He never leaves a man behind and everyone wanted to be on his team. But, there were hardly any openings. 

However, it was such perfect timing for Chaeyoung's graduation that Aris' team opened a few spots. Though, she clearly knew why... somebody had died. 

Heart pounding in her chest, she entered the military base along with many hopefuls she somehow knew. Her eyes wander up front in search of him and he was easy to find. 

Standing tall beside all captains who hold an opening for their teams, bleached silver hair with an undercut strikes every ladies in the room. However, his elven ears made him look softer even with those tightly furrowed brows and smileless lips. But his stature doesn't only speak of his height, but also his achievements. 

He was the youngest to be promoted as captain and all that went under his command had been made captain in time. He had been recognized for so many times for his outstanding judgment in desperate times. Plus, there were rumors of his agility with the katana which was unrivaled. 

Although, Aris isn't the only one looking good in those uniforms.

"Ah, Aris Park. The most revered captain by the cadets and of course the brigade. Some want to be on his team and some do not..." Jaehyun muttered, standing behind Chaeyoung who also stares at the same man.

"Would you want to be on his team?" Chaeyoung asked.

"My ambition compels me to. I don't want to die but, my chances of getting promoted all depend on him."

The girl rolled her eyes upon her comrade's words. Jaehyun had always been competitive and his drive is to get the highest position that his abilities would get him. 

"If you aren't good enough, you wouldn't be on his team." Ryujin interrupted who stood beside Chaeyoung before she continues, "If you're lucky to get on his team, your luck will run out once you're out on the field. You can't always rely on your captain to save you even if he has the reputation to keep his team alive. He wouldn't be here if he had saved everyone."

Chaeyoung agrees with her words. You can't always rely on somebody to keep you alive. 

"Yah, Shin Ryujin, just because you're the youngest and you've advanced ahead everyone from your grade does not give you the license to mock me. I'm still on the top cadets who got promoted." Jaehyun glared on the smaller girl beside Chaeyoung. 

However, this girl turned her head over her shoulder and raised a brow. "Stop making me sound arrogant when you're the one who is."

"Everyone!" 

All eyes and attention were then called upfront when captain Min Yoongi who stood beside Aris spoke. Then, the brigadier general Gong Yoo who wore one 5 point star on his shoulder climbed on the platform where the captains were standing at, looking at every excited and hopeful eye staring up at him. 

"I welcome you all here as you all have passed the initial examinations of the Rescue Corps. I'll commend you all for your bravery as this is the only division in the military who battles the monsters of the world. We're the ones who face the adversary head-on." Gong Yoo started, keeping the smile upon his lips. 

"Today, you'll be able to choose the team of your preference... that is if the captains will choose you as well." He added, emphasizing that one word that had somehow shaken the privates' spirits, some were shaken except for those few who had excelled and earned the title Specialists and that includes Chaeyoung. 

"I see some of those looks on your faces but believe me when I say these captains are the least that should shake those spirits because what's out there have become more frightening. By now I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter