when we alone

Hot Boy Bummer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The musical theatre club gathered on a school couch to discuss musical theatre duties. They claimed the hallway between the theatre and music room, naturally. It only had a few tables and once large inward curling couch. They sat in their circle during lunch. Finances, upcoming schedules, and practice was all planned out. Once the hour long meeting was over with, the Dogs were left on the couch all alone. Kyungsoo and Jongdae had a spare block after lunch where they would rest at their spot- the hallway- when they wanted to chill. Chanyeol and Baekhyun had a class that day but they decided to skip to hangout with The Boys (TM).

Senior year had started to take a toll on all of them. Not that anyone would notice- grades weren't very important to anyone of them except Jongdae. Still, having to deal with all the deadlines was stressfull. They needed to graduate and get into uni of course. Whether this was the vision of them or their family or society, no one would be able to tell. The result was the same. Tired. Hidden with a snide remark and a smirk.

But it's different when we alone. Baekhyun, for a loud character, mood maker, strangely enjoyed the silence. Quiet companionship. He thought, it takes a different level of friendship to be able to enjoy not talking when with one another. To have a mutual understanding and not be awkward about the silence. To embrace it. To allow one another to breathe.

The chit chat of lunch break had dissapeared as classe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter