Chapter 6

A Pirates Life For Me - Lumark

Lucas gets out of bed first leaving Mark who’s trying to make the best of his last bit of sleep now that the captain's body heat is slowly fading away.

 

The said man throws something at him. “Here you can wear this” he says clothes flying around Mark. “But I have my own clothes” Mark responds.

 

 “You can’t wear the same clothes forever Markie” Lucas says. “Well I didn’t have to if you hadn’t decided to kidnap me” Mark says.

 

“That’s why I’m solving the problem, you can, either way, wear my clothes or walk around . I’d like both” the captain says. Mark blushes and hides his face behind the blanket.

 

“I’m going up, when you’ve made your decision you can come up and show me” Lucas says, putting his hat on and leaving the room.

 

When the man is gone, Mark drags himself out of bed and puts on Lucas’s clothes. They’re way too big and it probably looks ridiculous but it was the best option he had. He walks up to the deck and sees the whole crew standing there, preparing for what looks like a fight.

 

The first one to see him is Kun. He takes in Marks appearance. “If you want to I can try to alter them a bit after this is over”. “Please, if you can?” Mark says rolling up his sleeve once again.

 

 “At least I’m good with a needle and thread” the man says with a chuckle referring to his job as the surgeon. Mark responds with a smile. “I’ll also let Taeyong know you need clothes” Kun says before he walks away. Leaving Mark to shout a “Thanks” in his direction.

 

He looks around until he spots Lucas talking to Jeno and makes his way over. “What are we going to do if they don’t surrender?” he hears Jeno asks. “We threaten to scuttle the ship, so they can go and feed the fish” the captain responds. “You want to kill them?” Jeno asks. “Not if it’s not necessary” Lucas says. Jeno shrugs “They’re scum anyways”.

 

Mark lets out a laugh “Says the one pirate about the others”. The man doesn’t respond to that instead Lucas just says “Hi Markie”. Taeyong joins in telling them that the ship is Man-O-War.


 

“Ahh great, Tae can you take Mark to get some weapons for himself” Lucas asks Taeyong. “Of course” Taeyong says before pulling Mark with him to the other side of the deck where a huge box is located. 

 

“You don’t have a gun?” is Mark’s response when Taeyong hands him a sword. “We like to keep things classy here” Taeyong jokes.

 

“What are we going to do know?” Mark asks Taeyong, looking at the approaching ship. “Just stand still and look a bit intimidating” Taeyong tells him.

 

Mark tries to do exactly that, earning a chuckle from the captain when he walks past them, “Cute” he whispers.

 

The other ship has now stopped next to them. A thirty-something-year-old man -who seems to be the captain- shows himself and screams:  “If you don’t want to feed the fish you’ve got to fight for your belongings”.

 

“Well, I’m sure the fish would like a piece of this” Lucas says earning a few laughs from the crew.

 

“Oh captain Xuxi, I didn’t know this was your ship” the captain quickly speaks, his attitude going from confident to unsure and scared.

 

“Mmm, I’m not sure if I believe that” Lucas says with a smirk on his face “I mean how could you not recognize such a beauty, you should be happy we let your dirty eyes look at her instead of stabbing them out”.

 

The other captain tried to stammer some words out. “Huh, I’m afraid I didn’t catch that” Lucas said still that freaking hot smirk on this face or at least to Mark it was.

 

“What do you want from us?” the other captain asks. “What do you think we want?” Lucas asks rhetorically. “Do you want our gold?” the man says offering them a box filled with coins and other stuff.

 

“Your gold? I’m pretty sure that’s not yours, now is it?” Lucas shouts at him. “Of course not, you’re a pirate yourself we steal stuff that’s our thing” the captain tries to defend himself. “Speak for yourself, now we want all the stuff you ever took from others” Lucas demands.

 

The other crew looks at their captain in the hope he’ll say something useful but the man doesn’t. He stays silent.

 

“If that doesn’t float your boat then you should fight and prepare to swim home ” Lucas tells them which causes commotion to the other crew. It’s like they already know they won’t win.  

 

They quickly agree and hand over all of the stuff. Mark is sure that they got so much stuff, it probably won’t even all fit in the ship. 

 

With the other ship disappearing as fast as they can and all their stuff safely packed away. Jaemin begins steering the ship to it’s next - to Mark unknown- destiny.

 

“So your a pirate that steals from pirates,” Mark says confused once they’re back in Lucas’s cabin. “Yes, I guess you could say that” Lucas responds while writing something down and crossing out another spot on his map.

 

 “What are you even going to do with all that stuff?” Mark asks yet another question. “The food we eat, the rest gets send back” Lucas answers still being to busy with his map to even spare a glance at Mark. Mark doesn’t really know why but he’s bothered by that.

 

“What do you mean send back?” Mark asks again hoping he can become the center of the captain's attention this time around. “To the people” Lucas says shortly, in a tone that insinuates that he really doesn’t want to talk right now.

 

Mark pouts his lips. With annoyance floating through his body he turns around and walks away from the desk and leaves, slamming the door on his way out. That noise catches the captain’s attention mumbling “cute”.