Chapter 3

A Pirates Life For Me - Lumark

Well to be honest Mark was thinking of leaving. There was nothing in here except dust and spiders.

 

And to say spiders were great company would be a lie, he would even prefer Lucas’s presence over that.

 

He continued reading the note.

 

“You almost missed it didn’t you? I expected better police officer Lee.”

 

What how the hell did the captain know that. He hadn’t given him any signs now, had he? 

This probably wasn’t great news.

 

“Moreover, if you have found this note it means you took too long to find me and I’m already gone. My clue wasn’t that hard now was it?”

 

No, it wasn’t but it had just taken a week until Mark had worn that jacket again. Mark didn’t know whether he needed to be sad or happy he had missed the captain.

 

“But don’t worry Markie, I’m all about second chances or at least I’ll give you one. Make sure you read this letter properly and come and find me.”

 

Mark scoffed what was this supposed to be some cat and mouse chase? And if he was already late here the chance was big Lucas had already moved on from his next location too.

 

But it was the two last sentences that had sparked Mark’s interest.

 

“Don’t bring any of your friends. You better hurry up, I’ll be waiting.”

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

This time around it didn’t take Mark long to find the clue. It was very clear that there were a couple of bold letters in the letter.

 

Mark put them after one another and got two words out of it: The club.

 

He knew what Lucas meant, of course, he knew. How could he forget the club after their first encounter? Mark blushed at the thought of it.

 

A look at his watch told him he didn’t have enough time anymore to bring the club a visit before his work started.

 

He knows he could just call in and tell them about his findings but Lucas’s request was simple: “Don’t bring any of your friends”.

 

But could he really let the opportunity slip to find the man?

 

He sighed in annoyance and decided to visit it later, he needed his money so he didn’t really have another option.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

When he arrived at work he was just in time for their morning meeting. Although he might have been a bit late because he needed a cup of coffee.

 

“So we need to talk about the captain Xuxi situation” his boss Taeil says “Does anyone happen to have any leads on them?”.

 

The whole room stays silent. They hadn’t found any leads, Mark, however, did find one but he wasn’t going to tell them that.

 

He will tell them the moment he had the man, chained in the back of his car. So he could show them he doesn’t need their help to catch the pirate.

 

When everybody stays silent Johnny starts telling Taeil how far they are right now and what little bit of information they do have.

 

It all goes smoothly like that until Mark feels a pair of eyes looking at him. He looks up to find 

Ten looking at him from across the room.

 

The man still gazes at him when Mark looks back at him.

 

He even keeps looking at Mark while speaking the following words - interrupting Johnny - “Mark didn’t you have a lead?”.

 

And Mark chokes on his coffee. He finds all of his colleagues looking at him waiting for an answer.

 

How did that tiny midget know? He couldn’t possibly know, right?

 

So Mark decides to play stupid - they all think he doesn’t have two working brain cells anyway - and says “No?”.

 

“Oh well I thought you said something like that” Ten answers back with a smirk on his face and Mark doesn’t know what he did to the man to deserve this.

 

“That must have been about something else then” Mark says back with a tone that implicates that he doesn’t want to talk about it.

 

Luckily for him, Taeil senses this and makes Johnny continue.

 

The meeting continues smoothly after that and Mark spends the rest of the day looking for a trace, he already found, under the watch of Ten’s hawks eyes.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The half-hour drive was spent by Mark trying to calm his nerves.

 

This was pure to show Lucas that he was a good police officer, yup that’s all this is about. Not about his handsome face.

 

He wanted to drive faster than he was aloud but he couldn’t risk getting pulled over by his own colleagues. Now that would be a story.

 

When he arrived at the club he hadn’t managed to calm his nerves and neither his heart.