Chapter 1

A Pirates Life For Me - Lumark

It was late at night when Mark entered the club, not a normal club no it was the most dangerous club in the city he had come to live in.

 

It was the club where all the thugs, criminals and - in this city near the sea - also the pirates came, which was exactly the reason  Mark was here.

 

He and his colleague Jonny where assigned to catch captain Xuxi or Lucas, whatever you want to call him. 

 

And with him being the youngest he needed to get into the dangerous club and observe Lucas while Johnny observed the club from the outside.

 

So, Mark played his role and bought himself a beer, it wasn’t allowed to drink while you were working but nobody here was going to believe him if he would sit here and sip at a coke.

 

Mark took a couple of sips, he was a lightweight after all and scanned the club for the face he had studied.

 

He hadn’t minded that part, captain Xuxi was really handsome so that made the job a lot easier.

 

He got frustrated when he couldn’t find him. He didn’t mind the time he spent in the club, it was work so he got paid for that.

 

However, he did mind the time he had spend to choose an outfit and making sure he looked good.

 

His thoughts got interrupted when he heard a deep voice in his ear. “What is a pretty boy like you doing here in this club?”

 

“What do you think I’m doing here” Mark answers to the stranger. The stranger snickers and said, “I don’t know, but if you’re planning on sitting by the bar all evening, then let me at least buy you a drink”.

 

Mark was ready to turn around and tell the dude to off and leave him alone, but when he was turning around he met the face he had been looking for all evening.

 

“Well, how can I say no to that” Mark responds. Lucas laughs and orders a drink for both of them.

 

Mark was laughing on the inside if the man only knew he was trying to impress a police officer.

 

He made sure to keep his performance up because he could not risk getting caught by Lucas who was described everywhere as a really dangerous man.

 

Mark didn’t see a sword but he was pretty sure the man had at least one hidden weapon somewhere, and a dozen of crew members around who would be by their captain's side in a second if anything were to happen.

 

Lucas gave him his drink and asked “So what’s your name? I’ve never seen you here before”. “It’s Mark, and I haven’t been here before but I’m friends with the owner” Mark spewed out.

 

“Ah, really” Lucas says. Mark wonders for a second if this means Lucas has found something out already or if it’s just a statement.

 

He’ s able to breathe again when Lucas continues their conversation by introducing himself. Which wasn’t exactly needed but the pirate didn’t know that.

 

A new song comes on and Lucas says “Oh man, I love this song. Do you wanna dance?”. That leaves Mark so surprised that he doesn’t know what to say.

 

He just planned to sit beside the bar all evening and looking at the man not dancing with him.

 

But if he’s going to tell his colleagues what happened everyone would say he let a great chance slip away. So he answers again quite honestly - he has never been a good liar, so he always tries to stay as close to the truth as possible- “Yes, but I’m not a good dancer”.

 

“That doesn’t matter I’ll help you” the pirate says before guiding the both of them over to the middle of the dance floor.

 

That action would normally have cost way longer than it took Lucas and Mark since nobody in their right minds would purposely stand in the captain's way.

 

Mark starts stiffly moving his body to the music, he really wasn't that much of a dancer. He quickly got Lucas’s hand placed on his hips guiding him through the beats of his favorite song.

 

He didn’t know when or where it happened but a couple of songs later Mark found his himself pressed against Lucas’s, their body’s moving in sync.

 

He should stop and walk away, leave the club to never come near the man ever again, but Mark couldn’t stop himself. He liked the risky feeling.

 

The said man didn’t even stop himself when the pirate in front of him kissed him and he kissed back.

 

It felt great, it was definitely the best kiss he had ever had. Like was that a pirate thing? Mark didn’t know but he wasn’t going to ask Lucas that.

 

When he felt Lucas pulling away after their make-out session, Mark stood there for a couple seconds saving the feeling to his long term memory.

 

He slowly opened his eyes only to find an empty spot in front of him. What? Mark started looking- for the second time that night- for the face of the ‘oh so handsome captain with his oh so delicious lips’.

 

Mark searched everywhere for the man but he was nowhere to be found. It was like he had disappeared into thin air which made him confused.

 

He walked out of the club trying to shake the tingling feeling of their kiss out of their body before he reached Jonny who was waiting in the car.

 

“What took you so long, I saw them leaving like ten minutes ago” Johnny says annoyed “you didn’t even inform me about it, you’re lucky I was quick so I managed to catch some of the letters and numbers from the license plate”.

 

Mark felt so stupid. He murmured a sorry to Johnny while he hid his face in his hands. He didn’t know how he could’ve let that happen. 

 

It was almost like he was entranced by a pirate from an amazing fairytale.