Chapter 4

A Pirates Life For Me - Lumark

He slowly made his way over to the entrance. Mark opened the door and stepped inside. The club was in the basement, the rest of the building was a hotel.

 

When he wanted to enter the stairs he was stopped by the receptionist. “Sir the club isn’t opened yet” he said.

 

“Oh I was supposed to meet somebody here” Mark tells the man. The man raises an eyebrow “Who might I ask?”.

 

Marks grabs his wallet and pulls out a picture of the captain. He shows it to the man. “Ahh, you just missed him” the man says “he checked out this morning”. And Mark let out a sigh if he only went this morning…

 

“Don’t worry though, he said that if somebody would come looking for him, I should give them this” the man says holding an envelope in his hand.

 

“Thank you” Mark says as he takes it from the man. He says goodbye and walks back to his car.

 

Once he is inside he can’t wait any longer and opens the envelope to find another letter. “My dearest police officer Lee” it starts and Mark snorts.

 

“I wish I could have waited a bit longer for you but as you probably know for yourself my status doesn’t really let me stay at one place for too long”

 

Well, maybe the man shouldn’t have become a pirate if he didn’t want the whole police after him Mark thinks.

 

“So since this time it wasn’t your fault, I’ll give you one more location Markie” And Mark doesn’t know why he lets out a breath of relief at that.

 

“Meet me at the old harbor on the east side at 8 pm, and same as last time, don’t bring any of your friends”

 

Mark chuckled there was no hair on his head that thought about sharing this information with any of his colleagues, he was going to catch him on his own.

 

“Three times's a charm, so be my little charmer and come and find me Markie. I’ll be waiting”

 

That sentence might have made Mark blush.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

After driving back home Mark decided to take a nap followed by a shower. He walked back into his living room to reheat some food. As he was waiting he twisted the captain's coin in his hands before putting it into his pocket once again.

 

When his food was done he ate it together with some hot chocolate. He looked over at the clock and saw that he really needed to leave in order to be on time.

 

But he still had half of his hot chocolate left so that really wasn’t happening.

 

In order to not be too late, he chucked his hot chocolate down and winced when he burned his tongue.

 

It was an hour drive to the old abandoned harbor. Mark had to basically break his way into the area, that ironically, the police had closed down.

 

He looked around to see if he could see Lucas anywhere. When he didn’t see him he made his way onto the dock.

 

Mark wondered if it was all a lie? Was the man now standing somewhere in the neighborhood laughing at his stupidity.

 

Well if he had put all this effort in coming here he might as well enjoy the view, so he sat down on the dock.

 

He watched the beautiful colors in the sky as the sun slowly started to set. Mark looked at his watch, it was 8:15 pm by now. But when he looked up he saw something appearing on the horizon.

 

Mark tried to focus on it, was that a boat? Could it possibly be the captain's boat? He waited for a bit longer and it seemed like it was indeed coming his way.  

 

It took another thirty minutes for the boat to arrive at the harbor. The pirate flag waved wildly 

in the wind. As the boat came close to the dock a couple of crew members tied it down so it wouldn’t float away.

 

After they were done Mark saw Lucas jumping off the boat fully clad in his pirate clothing, he even had the hat and sword. Lord did it look good on him. He looked like he straightaway came out of a fairytale while making his way over to him.

 

As he stood in front of him he took off his said jokingly,  saying “Hello police officer Lee, I was scared you would be already gone this time”.

 

“Mmm I guess it’s your lucky day then” Mark said as smile making its way onto his face.

 

“Well we had some inconveniences along the way but seeing you makes that all worth it” the captain said and Mark was happy the darkening sky was able to hide most of the blush on his cheeks.

 

“So why did you wanted to see me?” Mark asked straight to the point. It wasn't normal behavior for a pirate to seek contact with a police officer.

 

“Ahh well I want you to come with me” Lucas said. “What do you mean?” Mark asked. “I want you to come on board, take a trip with me over the seven seas Markie” the captain answers and that left Mark flabbergasted.

 

“Why the hell would you want a police officer on your boat” Mark said speaking loud. The captain chuckled and said: “Oh Markie I’m sure after that night you must know I enjoy your company”

 

And Mark was straight up embarrassed that the man had to bring up their make-out session. Not that he regretted it absolutely not.

 

He hid his hands in his face murmuring out a “Do you?”. “Yes I do Markie so what do you say?” Lucas asked.

 

His answer was clear “No”. The captain didn’t look pleased with his answer “Why not Markie?” he said. “You think I can just go with you like that? I have work, friends and my family, I’ll have to tell them first...” Mark started ranting but he was stopped by Lucas’s finger upon his lips.

 

“Shhhh” he whispered and his face came closer to Marks. “That doesn't matter right now Mark, all that matters is if you want this” Lucas said looking straight into Mark’s eyes.

 

His face seemed to come even closer and wait... Was he going to kiss him? Mark doesn’t know why but before he even thought about it he had closed his eyes waiting for the captain's lips.

 

But instead of a kiss, he was being thrown over the man’s shoulder. “What are you doing?” Mark screamed as Lucas began walking towards the boat.

 

“Look Markie I don’t want to kidnap you but I guess you give me no other option” the captain answered. “Let me go, I don’t want this” Mark shouted still being carried like a sack of potatoes.

 

The man laughed “Well you were ready to kiss me just a few seconds ago” and before Mark could even try to respond or get out of the taller's grasp he found himself being put down onto the deck of the ship.

 

“Untie the ropes we’re leaving!” Lucas shouted to some crew members. “Wait no don’t do that I…” Mark started to protest again but before any of the crew members could even pay attention to it he felt a pair of lips on his own.

 

After a brief moment, the captain pulled back with a smirk. “Why did you do that” Mark said. 

“I needed you to shut up Markie. Mark wanted to complain again but he saw it wouldn’t make any difference: the ship had started sailing.