v. unspoken memoirs

the great fallen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

FIVE. UNSPOKEN MEMOIRS

 

 

+JISOO

 

I've been feeling relaxed than usual ever since I figured out what was the missing thing that Jennie needed. Although it was just an ongoing theory, It felt like it made sense. The only thing left to do to prove this theory of mine was to let my subject undergo an experiment.

"You seriously are the worst case of a clueless woman." Lisa has started her banter.

"I'm serious. Jennie needs to fall in love. I think that's the thing she's missing." I expressed with utmost conviction.

"And you're saying it should be Eunwoo?" She bellowed.

"He seems to be a good candidate. Maybe he could sweep her off her feet."

"But Eunwoo likes you!" 

"Doesn't matter what he likes." I rejected her words.

"Jisoo, did you just not see the point that I was referring to? The other day on the yacht?"

"What about your point?"

"Grr. My point was Jennie, you vile mortal!" Lisa exclaimed.

"She didn't appear to have any plans of snatching me from anyone, you angry clown."

"Jennie only has her interest in you. Her eyes were vividly telling me so and it doesn't matter in what way or form, my point is she will never fall in love with Eunwoo. Even your brother can't even do that and he's ing her already."

"So what do you suggest?"

"Look, love is more complicated than giving all your hope to a Liechtenstein prince. You should write Jennie her own love story. And it should be a great one. You know how those silly romance films that mortals make. Unrequited love, affairs, soulmates, unspoken feelings, and the lists goes on. Make her go senseless for love. Manipulate her relationship decisions, although it's the most conniving way but it'll spare you the time and effort."

Hmm. She truly does have a point. Managing my human's relationships has never been a business I felt I was obliged to interfere before. Not that her love life needed too much of interfering, she mainly played around Kai and everybody else were just one night stands. It was her own ery anyway so why should I hinder her from something that took her mind off the things that kept on hurting her. But the situation has turned upside down now, I think this has turned as my own ery too, because it will possibly be my only key to fulfill the prophecy. Let her swindle in a love that makes her feel immortal and then strike her at vulnerability point, remind her that forevers can't be fathomed.

Oh wait, hold that thought. An idea, or more like a person, suddenly emerged from my mind. I think I just found someone who can help me.

...

We were hanging by the living area after we finished having a festive lunch, turned out I had a personal chef at my own home. How cruel was it to be human, you had to eat calories on such a consistent basis because your body's too weak to function properly if you didn't. With fallen angels, we never needed eating. We just do casual divine wine and fruits whenever a celebration was commencing, a taste for pleasure and never a necessity. But I'm not complaining though, mortal cuisine has passed my exquisite taste. I adore it even.

"Who's that?" The sudden ringing of the doorbell distracted me from my internal admiration for human food. "I don't know." Lisa shrugged in response, holding the same eyes of curiosity.

We quickly went downstairs with Lisa opening the door, "Bonjour." To our surprise, we found Lisa's human, Chaeyoung on our doorstep. What was she doing here? And why was she smiling from cheek to cheek?

"Oh hey Chaeyoung?" Lisa's tone emanated confusion.

Chaeyoung didn't know where to set her eyes to, so she was just swiveling her eyes from left to right, "Oh this is a surprise. You two live here together?"

Huh. Let's see how she'll excuse herself. I thought. Lisa stuttered like the idiot that she was. "Yeah. Kind of. I'm still finishing my new house. It's complicated."

"Oh, okay. I see." Chaeyoung had the decency to pretend Lisa wasn't weird. Pfft. Lame.

"What about you? Why are you here, Chaeng?" The accomplice quickly retaliated another question. But wait. Chaeng? She has the right to give her nicknames now.? Smooth stuff Lisa.

"Well, I was wondering if I could borrow some of your fashion expertise because I have this important social gathering this evening and I need a new dress. You said I could come by anytime so I thought of surprising you." She revealed her intentions.

"Oh right I did said that. Yeah, of course I'll help you."

"But that's if your girlfriend would be fine with it?" Chaeyoung couldn't even look at me.

"Oh no, no. We uh broke up." I quickly revealed as I diminished her speculations. "We did?" Lisa seemed bewildered.

"Yeah, just a few seconds ago. We're civil and platonic bestfriends now." I tried not to fake my smile so much, but seeing Lisa didn't make it any better.

Lisa carelessly shrugged, "Whatever she says."

"So will you still live, like, together?" The latter went to prying.

"Yeah, I got a dungeon here I can lock her up for the mean time." I answered.

"But that sounds awful." Chaeyoung's genuine tone of worry made me rethink if telling her a vile joke would be appropriate next time. "Chaeyoung. I was kidding." I quickly pointed out my intention.

Then her face sketched sudden epiphany. "Oh. Haha. That's funny now that you've said it was a joke."

"Okay...Shall we move on and go on shopping now, Chae?" Lisa tried to save the conversation. Gladly she did.

"Sure. I'll meet you at the front. My Ferrari is there." Roseanne prompted as Lisa quickly closed the door as I try to process all that has been revealed to me.

"Lisa what the ?" My throat clicked harshly. "What?" She reacted as if it wasn't a big deal.

"Are you flirting with your human?" I exclaimed, still finding the whole situation ludicrous. "No." She even dared to lie in front of my face. Typical of Lisa.

"You really went on a hustle back at the yacht." I ridiculed. How can she have the conscience to flirt with a human?

"She didn't let go of me that day. You should've seen blabbering for two minutes straight, my jaw dropped." She responded with an unwavering tone.

"That wasn't the question." I deadpanned.

She raised her palms and admitted, "Fine. I kind of fancy her a little bit." I even saw her blush while saying that.

"Remember this human form is temporary, you're technically still an angel." I said as a reminder.

She shrugged, "Yeah, but I have human feelings right now! It's foolish but I have this weird fuzzy feeling churning inside me when I have certain moments with her. Isn't that what humans feel? The feeling of attraction that insinuates to love eventually?"

"Human feelings can't be congested into a word. They're more complicated." I injected my stance, with a tone more alarming than usual.

"I know. But I kind of like it." A complacent smile went through her lips, indicating her genuineness. I understood her somehow. "Just don't let it get into your head too much." I reminded her.

"That's if I have a head." Lisa just punned herself before I could and I found it a bit laughable. "I'm gonna go now. And I'm going to borrow your Aston Martin. Thanks! See you!" She quickly grabbed her faux fur coat and went ahead.

...

I had been stuck at home for days and Lisa was out everyday with her human. So I decided to dress myself up this evening and find a good restaurant where I can have a lavish dinner. But Eunwoo has been texting me all day, and asked if he could tag along with my restaurant hunting after I unexpectedly revealed my plans. And since he was inexplicably annoying and kind (somehow) I said yes.

He fetched me with his royal entourage of BMWs, he said it was necessary to have an autocade whenever he dashes out in public because he was, after all, a prince.

"Isn't this a bit of an overshow?" I conveyed my opinion as we were having our appetizer with three security guards surrounding our table. The unfriendly atmosphere didn't gave me the comfort of eating.

"Jisoo, royals need to flaunt at every given public moment just to emphasize and remind the crowd that we are not mere citizens."

Well Jennie's not like that. She preferred flaunting her overspeed driving with her Bugatti over tight security autocades at any given day. I thought in comparison.

With his reason I decided to not bother changing the circumstance anymore I guessed I should bare with it.

"Alright. Let me call off security. I'm sorry." His voice was apologetic and quickly commanded his guards to wait at the car. "You did not have to do that." I felt diffident, it was not my intention to be too much. Yet he placed an assuring smile at me, "My lady of the night deserves what she needs, even if it means sacrificing a little bit of mine." I 'd admit, that calmed my nerves for awhile.

"Anyways, school starts tomorrow, how do you feel?"

"Errh. I don't know if I even expect something."

"You should. ISM is a hell of a territory to be in." Eunwoo looked like he was ready to spill some tea about it as he munched his food. To be frank, I have never really meddled into the culture of the International School of Monaco nor did I had prior interest although it's where Jennie spends her time mostly. Maybe because I was too focused on getting her out of trouble everyday since she likes to give the other people in school a hard time and following her around campus all day wasn't an enjoyable job to do, so I go back to my realm and settle some demon debates and ghost conflicts and just check up on her whenever she needs real help.

So I have no real expectations except for rich teenagers rationalizing discrimination and inequality just because they can.

"Why do you say so?" I asked.

"Well, first off there is Jennie. That delinquent princess rules the place and she is one hell of a beast in school. You should see her in her uniform, she gets more terrifying." He gossiped with wide eyes. I smirked. He's right. I've seen many instances where she really looked more intimidating on her school uniform. "Second of all, enseignantes (teachers) there tend to hook-up with their rich students who failed their class, but only those business-inbred students engage with that. A royal or a true monegasque never confines into the doings of the people of the lower hierarchy." He emphasized.

"Well guess I'm a hooker then." I said in sarcasm, I wasn't exactly glad at the label they have conformed me in. "We make exceptions Jisoo. Your step brother is a monegasque which by transaction makes you one too. And you don't need to worry, the princess likes you." Eunwoo further explained which gave enlightenment. "I guess so." I replied out of compliance.

"And also we have a school culture that's invoked every year for the new students."

"Which is?" An eyebrow was raised.

He comically began to bend and pretended to whisper, "Dating a royal."

My face expressed irritation, "That's straight up dumb teenage affiliation right there." I deadpanned. "Your importance goes higher when you date one, and it prevents you from the terrible antics that Jennie randomly does to newcomers." He added.

"That's dumb too." I injected my distaste along with a blank expression. I was unimpressed. Does these teenagers have anything better to do? What a superficial thing to waste time with. "Hm. Mostly people just do it just because." The prince stated as he shrugged his shoulders. "And I think you'll be fine with it since you already have a girlfriend." He added with a smile.

"No. We just broke up. Oddly." I quickly handed him the answer.

His face rightly mustered those fake sympathetic scrunches, "Oh, I'm devastated to hear that. Are you coping up fine?"

"I actually wanted the break-up. I did not want to have a relationship with a kid." I grabbed the opportunity to mock that fallen angel, "I hope she trips on a cliff somewhere." I comically expressed my not so deep irritation towards Lisa.

Eunwoo even snorted, "Well, that seems a fair reason. I'll accept that."

Then an unexpected ring from my phone disrupted my train of thought, I excused myself from Eunwoo and answered the call outside. Coincidentally, it was my annoying fallen accomplice. I sighed looking at her name on my phone screen. "What is it idiot?"

"I tripped off a cliff."

"WHAT?" I almost threw my tongue out out of shock.

"You know it's rude to talk bad about someone when they're not around." She somehow caught me. "You know it's rude to accuse the great fallen." I raised my ego as I subtly denied.

I heard her scoff, "Yeah, tell that to me when you get your courtesy back. You know I can sense whatever you're saying about me right?"

I rolled my eyes out at her retort and ignored it. I exhausted a question instead, "Why are you calling Lisa?"

"Meet me at the far north end of Boulevard du Larvotto. You might want to see what's happening here." Her tone was adamant, I was instantly convinced to go.

...

I left Eunwoo at the r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter