ii. her angel

the great fallen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

TWO. HER ANGEL

"the angel falls to love a soul"

 

 

+ JENNIE

 

I was glad Kai has a new sister, I got to take advantage of this privilege again with not having to get in trouble with Father. If he only knew better. I can imagine myself laughing at him right now. Who says a royal cannot gamble in the most renowned casino in the world? Ha!

I've successfully excused myself from Kai and from Bar Salle Blanche of where his new sister was holding her party since I did not want to waste any time. I directly went to the gambling area, Salle Medecin, which was located at the eastern wing of the Casino and of course it screamed opulence. The whole place was canopied with Art Nouveau style paintings and the grandeur architectural scheme of the building greatly echoed the Beaux-Arts style of the 18th century. Foreign high-rollers along with their exuberant suits and gowns embedded wealth in the place, these filthy rich hags have the pleasure to spend their fortune like this, so I don't see why I should hinder myself from doing the same. So I finally took a seat at the stud poker table and at my fourth round of playing a peculiar lady decided to take the seat next to me. It was then that I was dismayed to find out that poker wasn't my game. I was utterably losing, well everyone was except for this serendipitous lady that I had encounter. She's not even that old to be insanely good at this, her skin glows too bright to be a veteran at this game. Or perhaps—"Do you play professionally?" My curiosity spoke.  

She turned to fully face me and adamantly smiled and she was gleaming more than the crystal chandelier above us, I caught myself staring too much. "What makes you think of that?" She asked.

"Clearly you've massacred us." I frankly said. The enigmatic lady immediately shrugged, "Beginner's luck, I guess." She responded. Woah, it was not necessary to blow my mediocrity right on my face but she unknowingly did anyway. "I have doubts on believing you are." I said with suspicion drawn on my face. 

"Should I be the one doubting why you're here, your Highness?" She uttered it so slowly as a keen smirk appeared before her lips, I suddenly felt alarmed. Why the does she know me? Isn't she supposed to be a foreign resident? Only Kai and the local peers that were invited to the party should only be the ones to know that I am a princess.  "That's too cordial, miss." I shrugged a nervous laugh and denied. 

"Suppose I should advise you to get out of this gambling area." She tilted her head as if she was being wary of me. Somehow her demanding tone had me annoyed, "And who are you to order a royal?" I rebutted with spice.

"So nice of you to bluntly admit I was right." Her eyes mocked me so much I felt embarrassed. Oh I was already in her trap. I sort of choked myself, but still had the pride to retaliate, "I tell you, mind your own business." I said in weak defense. 

"Forgive me..." She huffed, "But I'm afraid I can't." She then suddenly grasped my left wrist as she held it down with her strength and her face went near mine. As a matter of fact, too near. I was stuck in a position where I can feel her breathing over my right ear as if it's almost her lips were pressing my skin, but that wasn't even the case. Her lips were just hovering over and I reacted so skittishly of it. Then I noticed her scent. I bit my lower lip at the thought of it. Oh God. It was so immensely ardent as if the fragrance was spewing out from her own skin. She had a strong vanilla accent and had patchouli and praline fragrance under that. Her aroma felt like soaring up the clouds. The blend of her scents made her somehow—hmm. what's the word? —angelic. I stood stiff and now conscious. How can someone's aroma smell so divine? 

"What are you-?" I complained with an almost loud whisper but she hindered and said, "Ssh. Stay still." I felt her grip going tighter. Her actions were preposterous and not to mention she has illegally invaded my personal space so I was planning to get away from her but when I made a move she held me down again. "I know you think this is absurd but trust me, just stay still." She gave unnecessary assurance. Her strength doesn't make sense, I felt so weak?

"Oh, let me fix your earrings for you." The strange lady practically was clowning me and everyone in the table because my golden earrings will never be scruffy. Why is she acting?! I didn't know why but somehow I let myself follow her. What choice did I have really? Now come to think of it, it seemed like she was covering my face hiding me from something. 

Her hand was now touching the lower part of my earlobe, carefully 'fixing' it as per say. But the bizarre thing was I felt my skin tingle as her fingers were somehow caressing my skin. I can feel her touch going softer by the second. It was absurd. Trivial things like these should not sway me. But it did. My stomach began to act funny as I felt my cheeks blush. "Why are you doing this?" I bravely asked in careful whisper. "Royal security is here, I didn't need to do a wild guess to know who they're looking for." She directly answered with a voice so soft and powerful. The epiphany gave me a little craze in the heart, I was now nervous. "Oh, ." I cussed.

"Yes, to you." The beaut even had the time to respond and ridicule me. Huh. I shall let this moment pass.

After a slow and painful minute she whispered to me again, "I'm going to hold your hand." She demanded out of a sudden. "Wha-?" Before I could even react she took my left hand and stood up from her seat which made me startled but I found my balance and stood up as well. Now she pulled me and we walked towards the exit with our heels clasping against the marble floor.

"W-wait, I'm on heels!" I screeched as I have endured enough fast walking, we suddenly found ourselves at the back lawn of the Casino where there were only dim lights and cold wind blowing at our faces for company. "Why would you wear that if it doesn't let you walk right." Her bizarre statement made me feel the cold wind on my skin. "You think I don't walk right?!" I found myself offended as I let go of her warm hand.

"I mean, I walked faster than you and we're on the same Louboutin." She made her point that made no point at all. 

"I did not ask to be dragged by a stranger. first of all." I resided my stance with annoyance in tone. "No one asked you to gamble on a prohibited place either." She said in refute. I gasped at her in disbelief. "How do you even know I'm a royal?" I shot a dubious look with my lips pursing.

"Now you're prying." She implied and dared to pass the blame to me. So I said in response, "Shouldn't I?! You may be a spy from another monarch!"

"A thank you would be enough compensation, princess." The dark brown beaut crossed her arms as if she was the royal here. Oh, the audacity.

"The amount of inconvenience you've caused me doesn't equalize to my gratefulness." I raised my chin up, not wanting to give my ego so easily. 

"Alright." She just shrugged nonchalantly. With no i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter