iii. her human

the great fallen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

THREE. HER HUMAN

 

 

+ JISOO

The time for the state dinner swiftly came. And of course, Lisa dressed me right for the occasion which also equated to ordering me to shop from store to store because she was so painfully picky. And it took my heels to melt before she finally decided. She said it was a piece from a designer's collection and that i should be ecstatic for wearing one, but I don't see why i should see the difference. It was still a dress.

"This looks okay." I stated looking through my reflection on the mirror.

"Okay? It's ing splendid! God wishes he could wear this!" Lisa expressed her praise for her exquisite fashion taste. I crunched my face, "Does he even wear clothes?" 

Lisa growled and rolled her eyes, "My point is, it deserves more than an okay. Look at that glory shining over you!"

"You really are nosy, aren't you? I'm getting the feeling that you also manipulate your human's choice of clothing." I stretched a curious look at her. She just shrugged, still unbothered. "I mean, I just sometimes push her to the right store. My human has basically no deeming style of her own, so I thought I might as well give favor to the poor." Her audacity was oozing but it wasn't questionable. Lisa definitely has taste in mortal fashion so I can't judge her pride for it.

"You really take credit of being a five hundred year old fashionista ." I injected. She scoffed with her unwavering pride and said, "Bold of you to say that when you're a thousand years old yourself." I rolled my eyes at her. I dislike to talk about age.

Imagine how indecent we are with each other. There's a reason why we can never go to realms of the Benevolent, they can't let two rascal angels banter up there, it would be too chaotic.

"Can we please get back to preparing?" I begged to ignore her exaggerations and better ready myself for the event that night. 

Time seemed too fleeting, I was already passing through the gates of the Palace while I reminisced to the early beginnings of this symbolic structure. You see, I have a long history with Monaco's royal family for as long as I can remember. Ever since the death of the French human I had which was Phillip II (also called as Phillip Augustus), who was the King of the France from 1165-1223, I was then abruptly shifted to protect the High King of the newly found Monaco at that time. It was 1215 when the country became a colony of Genoa. And when Jennie's bloodline took the throne there, I never left the place ever since, along with the ties I had with the royal family. It was the responsibility that the celestial gave me and I'll never know why.

But I tell you the royals were always the most crucial kinds of humans to ever be with. They were such a nuisance to themselves. They were more of lunatics compared to normal people, they tend to treat everything and everyone like property, which is like directly parallel to modern capitalism. Royals were often very anxious about conceiving the throne and its power. Everyone basically had swords buried on their necks because they've been killing and betraying each other. It was not the greatest family you've imagined them to be.

So I was glad when civilization started to amend the culture of Monaco maybe sometime on the 18th century perhaps when Monaco was an indebted independent state and discovered the rich delights of gambling. They found their key to economic success. As of today, the Royals were now more sensible and fair, and has adapted to giving equality to their subjects.

The last royal I had to protect before was Jennie's grandmother. But after she died, I was then authorized to protect the only heir of Monaco who was born days after her grandmother died. I didn't forget that day and never shall I forget. 

I resurfaced from my thoughts as I was greeted by Kai and my stepfather. My supposed to be Mother was still in Paris since she had social commitments for the upcoming Paris Fashion Week. 

We were stationed at the famous Blue Room (Le Salon Bleu) as we wait for the Royal Family to arrive before the guards open the dining hall (Salle à Manger) which was just right after the huge door before me. There were a few strangers in the room, but I begged not to be intimidated by them. They're still peasants styled in lavish clothing. Oh, wait I am peasant too. But whatever.

At the corner of my eye I spotted familiar faces."Oh don't you look lovely, darling." The esteemed businessman greeted me by the cheeks as i thanked his compliments. It was my stepfather, I think Death planted a prior memory of us meeting beforehand and we already established a relationship. Now all I have to do was to continue it and pretend that I've already met him before. He was the same height as his son, he had ash brown hair and blue eyes along with an expensively shaved beard. A born and bred monégasque.

"Bonsoir, Jisoo. I'm glad you came." Kai was being modest. "Bien sûr, how could I reject a personal invitation from you." I gorged a grin.

"How are you adjusting to the Monaco lifestyle so far?" Father asked as he reached his hand to my shoulder. "Oh." I hesitated as I try to think of something more than eating pizza and sleeping at the mansion all day. "Well I was...doing self recreational activities. The place is all about leisure after all." I subtly stitched my words.

The modest Father smiled at me, "That's wonderful to hear, but Kai here should invite you to more social events of the elites so you can get to know the locality. Perhaps joining a club? What do you think son?"

Kai pouted as he nodded, "Of course that could be arranged. And I'm sure also my girlfriend would be glad to help you appeal to the crowd here, she has a great social reputation so don't worry."

"What a great idea. I think that's just what I needed." I agreed while simultaneously nodding. Kai was clever of thinking I needed his girlfriend. That's right I need that devil so that I can have my wings back. I thought.

Not a moment too long when a few mortals tried to nudge into our conversation and I found myself talking to five different people all shimmering over their tuxedos and long gowns encrypting their smile of neither sincerity nor interest. What a weak facade they have. I can still see right through them.

"So Kim Jisoo, what do you fancy to do?" A torrid soft spoken voice that interrupted our small talk about hobbies rang over my ears. I quickly tilted to my right as I saw a young man with his bow tie tuxedo appear before my circle. He was slender, tall, and almost attractive to my liking which was quite a surprise. "I'm sorry?" I pardoned as he was a stranger to me.

"My apologies. I'm Cha Eunwoo. The sixth Prince of Liechtenstein." He then proceeded to kiss my hand in courtesy. [Liechtenstein ; a German-speaking microstate country located between Austria and Switzerland] "Oh Eunwoo! I didn't know you've arrived." Kai who was beside me  revealed his relation to this stranger. "Right, I took an early flight since I didn't want to miss the state dinner and I felt bad when I wasn't able to attend your sister's welcoming party." He retorted at my brother. "You were quite the talk of the town Miss Jisoo, as so you know." This Eunwoo beamed his smile at me. I was confused. Why does he know about me so much?

I heard Kai clear his throat, perhaps sensing my confusion, before he spoke, "Uhm, Eunwoo here is one of the closest family friend we have so he slightly knew about you. I didn't have the opportunity to introduce you to him since he was away."

Oh right. Now it makes sense. I internally conclude. So with that establishment I smiled at this charming guy Prince. "Well I'm glad that now was the chance that we can meet. It's a pleasure to know you Prince Eunwoo." I ingested my gallantry towards the Royal lad. He was surprisingly charming.

"But you haven't answered me yet, mademoiselle." The Prince stated a demand. "What do you fancy to do?" He continued with a gentle voice. "Flying." I directly retorted. 

"Oh like planes?" Eunwoo continued to pry. These clueless mortals would take a laugh if I said I literally fancy flying with my wings, so I adjusted and answered, "Yes." I guess? I pledged a nervous smile as I lied. I've never even driven a plane in all of my existence yet here I am declaring as if it's a child's play to do it.

"Quite a hobby you have." He pronounced. "I assume it won't be as interesting as yours." I retorted greater words. The Prince shyly looked away as he answered, "Believe me or not, flying is my sole purpose in life." 

Oh dear now he's going to pry me with aerial technicalities. "Touché." I shortly replied. I just dug my own grave. I was now anxious to get out of the situation.

"We should fly together some time. It'd be fun to have someone who shares the same hobby as mine." He thinks I am his accomplice already. Oh me. I'm dead. I stuttered to reply, "Y-yeah. Why not."

And before the Prince that I have come to terms in avoiding in like maybe forever because I really don't want to embarrass myself in the future can speak again, the guards have suddenly halted and announced the Royal Entry of the people we've been waiting for.

"Attention! The High King and the Princess of Monaco has graced us with their presence. Let us all bow in honor." The guard on the forefront bellowed. On cue the men lowered their heads and torso while all the ladies folded their knees and also bowed their heads, and then the doors opened in its splendor. Slowly their majesties walked towards us. The alluring princess was beside the King with an ever earnest expression sketched on her face. The kind that gives inferiority to everyone who looks into her eyes. She was that kind of princess. 

"At ease." The King commanded and everyone was back at standing straight. "I extend my gratitude to you all who have come to this state dinner. May we embellish great bonds tonight and savor ourselves with good food. And just try to relax." The King tried to be comical and calm and everyone shared small laughs among their surrounding peers and also indulged into the amiable atmosphere.

Then I had the chance to look at Jennie. Her expression was revealing her thoughts, like she was kind of doing it just for the sake of doing it. Oh this human never bothers to sympathize at any given situation. Yet she look lovely amidst of it.

"Now shall we have dinner?" The King said in finality as the congregation applauded while the Dinner gates were opening and one by one we entered their glorious dining place of white, silver and gold. I can't believe I can eat at this place now. I've only been hovering all over the palace as an observer of just, but now having to take a seat and fumble over small conversations with the Royal family had me feeling overwhelmed.

It was a sixteen seat long table we were placed at a very cohesive position. The King was at the center end of the long table and the Princess was on his right wing and Kai happened to be next to her, he was her boyfriend after all. While I was sitting across them with Prince Eunwoo and my Father on both of my sides.

Everyone had the fair share of conversation with the King and when it was my Father's turn to speak about the status of his business, I couldn't help but to listen intently. "How is Monte Carlo doing?" The Royal man asked as he sips his delectable wine. 

"It's never been better Your Majesty. We're closely maintaining the opulent reputation of Casino de M

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter