Melodies

Kaleidoscope Sky
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Inspired by @heckin_nerd AU:

The one in which you hear the music your soulmate listens to, and vice versa. Wendy notices her soulmate listening to a lot of sad songs recently. Unsure of how to find someone she's never met, she decides to console her through a previous passion she thought she had abandoned years ago: singing. Irene - hearing the beautiful voice of her soulmate, realizes she's being serenaded to. And maybe that was her first smile in a while. Well, it was the first time Wendy genuinely enjoyed singing again, too.

_ _

A thin powder of dust drifted to the air as Seungwan blew on her old guitar that she fished out from the storage room. It was still okay, all things considered, albeit missing a string. She wiped away the remaining dust on it with a washcloth and proceeded to replace all the strings.

Tonight, she’s going to do it.

After several years of not playing her guitar or singing for anyone else, she’s gonna snap that streak for the girl who has filled her head with nothing but heartbreaks and melodies.

She heaved a nervous sigh, her hand sliding along the smooth wood, familiarizing the feel of the instrument against her skin like a lover lost and found. Every dips and curves sing a different story; each note a tale written out of thousand tears and laughter; each rhythm playing in sync to the steady beat underneath her ribcage.

Seungwan plucked a string and it was like coming home after a long time of wondering what home was like. It was comfort. And she aimed to bring that kind of comfort to the other end of her soul.

_

Joohyun hummed along to the song playing in her earphones, it was another cold night. Rainwater dripped from the leaves of the tree across the street. The pavement shimmered with puddles reflecting the warm yellow light of the lamp posts, the sky was dark and starless with thick clouds. A chilly breeze blew against her white curtains, sending goosebumps crawling up her arms, and she scurried to get a sweater from her closet.

As she cuddled with a giant teddy bear on her bed and was peering outside her window, a different sound cut through Malibu Nights – a soft female voice and an acoustic guitar – Joohyun pulled out her earphones and looked around, trying to pinpoint where the sound was coming from.

But there’s no other music playing outside, just the drizzle of rain and the patter on the roof. She could hear the news droning downstairs, her parents watching the television. She looked down on her phone, Malibu Nights kept playing, and the female voice kept singing accompanied by her guitar.

Her grip on the stuffed bear tightened when she recalled a memory in which she also heard a sound that seemed to be coming from nowhere and everywhere at the same time. It was two weeks after her sixteenth birthday, and it was also a girl singing.

Was she the same girl?

“I hope you don’t mind, I hope you don’t mind, that I put down in words, how wonderful life is while you’re in the world…”

The voice sang even softer, lulling her to a sleepy trance. A smile tugged her lips and a warm feeling blossomed in chest as she buried her face in the bear’s fur and listened to the girl singing with her guitar and the night and the rain.

_

Seungwan grinned inwardly when she heard Elton John’s Your Song playing in her head for the seventh time today, all of them were covers,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter