Rivals part 1/2

Kaleidoscope Sky
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*enemies to lovers trope

_

They first met on a Hallowe’en party.

For both of them, the night served some unpleasant experiences. Though they differ in reasons as to why they were considered unpleasant.

For Irene, it was getting dragged off the dance floor against her will and having a cloth sack cover her head (and when she tried screaming for help, someone put a large handkerchief inside ).

As for Wendy, it was that her ‘minions’ abducted the wrong person.

“Do you have eyes on your heads, you dimwits?” she yelled, annoyed. “Which part of ‘the pretty girl in a Hogwarts robe’ did you not understand!?”

The hired goons glanced at Irene and back to Wendy then shrugged. They saw a pretty girl wearing a Hogwarts robe and they assumed she was the one their employer was talking about.

When the sack was taken off of Irene, she realized that they were now inside an armored limousine with two guys holding her arms on both sides and a glowering girl outfitted in a vampire dominatrix attire on the opposite polished leather seat.

“What the heck are you still doing here? Go bring her back to wherever she came from!”

Irene growled and grunted violently, trying to spit out the hanky in to no avail.

“Wait,” the mastermind of her kidnapping said. “Take out that thing from , she looks like she wanna say something.”

“You’re the biggest idiot to walk the earth!” were the first eight words Irene spat at her abductor. And they also happen to be the last because Wendy has put the hanky back.

Nine months passed and Irene was finally able to move on from that weird event in her life, but it’s as if Life itself was playing a prank on her.

Because the first thing she saw when she stepped in their homeroom class was the very face of the person she was trying to forget. Of all the schools on this green earth, she decided to go there for her senior year.

Needless to say that she opted out of that class and called in sick for the rest of the day, but the truth was that she was planning her revenge, something harmless but will leave a mark.

The next day after class, Wendy’s car was wrapped up in duct tape.

Including the tires.

The owner was fuming. It took her several days to find the culprit, and when she saw Irene in the classroom, it finally clicked.

Monday morning, all of Irene’s books she left in her locker were all bound in duct tape.

Including her locker.

Tuesday, Wendy went to the restroom and came back drenched in red paint like Carrie.

Wednesday, someone has put glue all over Irene’s chair.

Then the school has had enough, they were both called in to be reprimanded and was sent to detention with a warning that one more stunt will lead to a harsher punishment and maybe even suspension.

“This is sooooo boring,” Wendy groaned loudly and tipped her head against the back of her chair in the detention room. “I can’t believe I’m stuck here with you.”

“Feeling is mutual,” Irene murmured, still reading her book and taking notes. If she’s gonna be in this room for the whole afternoon, might as well be productive.

“Why do you always read?” Wendy stared at her sideways. “Don’t you have other hobbies like a normal person?”

Irene just sighed but didn’t even look up. “Some of us takes our education seriously, not that you’d relate.”

“Excuse me?” Wendy was riled up. “I was in the honors class in my previous school.”

“What happened? Your grades didn’t make the cut here?”

“Just because you don’t see me read doesn’t mean that I don’t study,” Wendy replied and shrugged. “I just realized that I can top a class without acting like a nerd.”

Irene scoffed. The audacity of this girl.

“What? You wanna bet on it?” Wendy asked. “I’m serious, I can top your grades.”

“I’m sorry,” Irene said sarcastically. “Not in this lifetime, maybe in your next life?”

“The arrogance jumped out,” Wendy chuckled and shook her head.

“Fine,” Irene finally laid her pen down. “Okay, any subject. Top my grades, and then what?”

“The loser drinks a whole bottle of wine in one sitting.”

Irene lifted a brow. “The alcoholic jumped out.”

“Hardly,” Wendy laughed. “I just wanna see what you’re like when you’re drunk.”

Irene rolled her eyes and went back to her reading.

“Dream on.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter