Wanted

Kaleidoscope Sky
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Detective Son!”

Wendy whirled around so fast that she almost bumped to another uniformed cop in an already cramped hallway.

“Sorry,” she murmured, then waited for her partner – Detective Oh – to catch up. “Got your text, where are they?”

“The woman’s in the interrogation room, the man’s in the holding cell,” Sehun handed her a file while they walked. “The rookies who caught them still couldn’t believe their luck.”

“Big fish?” Wendy rifled the file, there was a lot of information, but also a lot of redaction.

“Super big fish,” Sehun replied. “Like a whale.”

“Whales are not fish.”

Sehun shrugged nonchalantly. “Anyway, the captain wants us to be fast and efficient. The Interpol is on their way, and the NIS is also calling for an appointment. We just have half an hour top.”

“The NIS? Why would they want them?” Wendy wondered aloud. “Also, are you sure this file didn’t come from Classified because there are a lot more bars here than the downtown area.”

“Agent Manoban from Thailand is sending us more files about these people. Apparently, they also operated there.”

“Well hopefully they aren’t all out.”

Wendy pushed the door open to the interrogation while Sehun went to the other side where the one-way glass window was located.

Seeing the face of the female perp sitting handcuffed on the table, one wouldn’t expect that she is a high-ranking member of an international criminal organization. She looked a lot more like a model, to be honest.

“Good afternoon,” Wendy said formally, taking the chair on the opposite side of the stainless-steel table. “I’m Detective Son-”

“Hi, I’m Bae Joohyun, but people also call me Irene,” the woman interrupted, her face open and pleasant. “Nice to meet you, Detective.”

Wendy’s mouth open and closed in astonishment, but quickly bounced back. She cleared and opened the file.

“You were caught smuggling high-grade arms from overseas. And you are wanted in quite a lot of countries,” she glanced up at the girl. “Do you want a lawyer before we proceed further?”

Irene bit her lower lip thoughtfully, then propped her elbows on the table and re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter