Princess of the Fae

Kaleidoscope Sky
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

_

The door creaked open. The warm glow of the fire from the hearth slithered through the crack and vanished as the large oaken door closed again.

Wendy walked quietly, taking the familiar path towards the forest that her parents had warned her to steer clear of.

But she was not afraid. And they were wrong.

She had been there numerous times, there were no monsters or beasts. Only deer and birds and those beautiful creatures that comes out whenever the moon is full.

Like tonight.

Wendy walked faster, spurred by the thought. Grass tickled her bare feet, it was damp from the rain the night before; the weather had been harsh these past few days.

A mist blanketed the forest like an overprotective mother, and it should have been cold but she couldn't feel it even though she's only wearing her night dress.

She paused to inhale the night.

The late silver moon hung low, casting dark shadows beneath the treetops. The water drops hanging on every leaf glittered like diamonds, reflecting the moonlight.

Wendy stopped on the edge of the trees fringing the woods and stood waiting patiently. She didn't have to wait long. A moment later, the fairy hunt arrived.

The tall, muscular silver horses with golden eyes walked in a steady pace, never breaking their formation. Their riders were in an equally relaxed state, proudly astride with backs straight and shoulders squared.

Wendy drew a sharp breath as soon as the hunt came to view. She could never get used to them no matter how many times she'd seen them before.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter