is this how you make friends, yeojin? HUH? IS IT?!?

we going SPACE SQUAD

United World University for Space, United Korea Branch

Seoul, South Korea, United Earth Alliance

[Time Frame: ‘97 line has 2 years of field experience. Vivi has 3 years of field experience. Hyejoo, Yeojin, Chaewon, and Yerim are now in year 3 at UWUS]

 

/

 

Junior year marked a turning point for the Quartet. Things were slowly starting to become stressful and busy as Senior year and graduation grew closer and closer. 

In between all the classes and simulations and field exercises, the girls still managed to fit in pranks and sleepovers. The sleepovers were a new addition. Chaewon had an expansive collection of 21st century movies and Yeojin had a sweet tv setup. It was a perfect match. 

Believe it or not, a prank gone wrong was the same reason that the girls ended up befriending Jeon Heejin and Kim Hyunjin 

The inseparable duo were the University’s #1 in academics and combat training, respectively. Heejin was the top ranking student 3 years in a row. And nobody could match Hyunjin’s power or speed in any of the combative classes. 

Although the prank wasn’t like the ‘Dye Incident’ . It was probably worse, depending on who you asked.  

 

/

 

Hyejoo couldn’t believe this. She really couldn’t. Didn’t Yeojin learn from the last time? They were lucky enough that Chaewon and Yerim were like the kindest people in the University and didn’t report their asses to their Counselor. 

Why was she being so dramatic? It was because Yeojin thought it would be a good idea to mix freaking blue dye in the dorm showers. And somehow she managed to drag sweet, kind, baby Yerim into it. 

And really? The dorm’s communal bath again? Was there something magnetic drawing them there? 

Back to the prank though. After the two dumped the dye in, all of the toilet water turned blue, the faucet spat out blue water, and the showers sprayed blue. They even managed to tweak the pipes’ pressure system so that the showers’ spray came out like a goddamn fire hose

So now, Hyejoo was contemplating if she should step in and save Yeojin and Yerim’s butts. The latest victim was Heejin and Hyunjin. 

Yeah, that’s right. THE HYUNJIN . The same one that’s rank #1 in the combat field and could kick all of their asses without breaking a sweat. 

 

And now, she was chasing Yeojin and Yerim around in the locker room. 

“GET OVER HERE PIPSQUEAKS. I just wanna TALK.” 

“No way! We all know your fists are gonna be the one talking. You’ll kill us!” 

“Oh my god, I just wanted to pull some pranks. PLEASE I’m too young to die!” 

Heejin stood dripping wet, still in her gym clothes, grinning slightly at the scene. 

Chaewon thankfully grabbed some towels when she and Hyejoo heard the alarmed shouts. She wrapped one around Heejin, getting an appreciative smile in return. Chaewon grabbed another towel and started drying the girl’s hair. 

“I’m sorry.” Hyejoo felt guilty even if it wasn’t her fault, “For our dumb friends over there.” 

Heejin laughed, surprising both Hyejoo and Chaewon. “Don’t worry about it. It was a pretty ingenious prank. Did you know that the pipes are locked using the Alliance’s 22nd Ver. security system? Not bad for a couple of Juniors.” 

Hyejoo and Chaewon stared in disbelief and awe. They had found another saint. Normally, the victim of their pranks would be angry, kinda like Hyunjin right now. 

 

Speaking of, the three girls looked over when a scream startled them. 

Hyunjin managed to catch Yeojin and Yerim, and now had both of them in a headlock. 

“Ohmygod, please don’t let her kill them. Tabi’s too young to lose a family member.” Chaewon looked on in concern. 

“Tabi?” 

“Our cat. Pretty sure our group has shared custody of him now.” Hyejoo supplied. 

“He’s small and orange.” Chaewon said with a grin, as if revealing that information would convince Heejin to save Yeojin and Yerim’s lives. 

Heejin looked amused at the revelation. She turned her attention back to Hyunjin and the two under her grip. 

“Hyun,” she called out, “let them go, it was just a prank.” 

“But…” Hyunjin looked conflicted for a couple seconds but released the two anyways. 

“Ohmygod, thank you.” 

Praise Saint Heejin, she’s the only one I believe in now.” 

Hyunjin still looked a little upset. “But your clothes are all wet.” 

Heejin giggled. “As if you didn’t get soaked too. I keep telling you, you have to look out for yourself too. C’mon, let’s go get changed.” 

Hyunjin grumbled a bit but she still took Heejin’s hand. “Whatever. I’ll look out for you however much I want.” 

 

While Heejin and Hyunjin changed out of their wet clothes, Hyejoo and Chaewon turned to Yeojin and Yerim sitting on one of the benches in the locker room. 

“You two are so lucky that Heejin’s an actual saint.” 

“Yeah,” Chaewon chimed in, “If Heejin wasn’t here, you two probably would have been kicked to the Moon by Hyunjin already.” 

Yerim and Yeojin actually looked scared as they took in the words. They all knew Hyunjin wasn’t the school’s #1 combat-ready cadet for nothing. 

 

/

 

Long story short, Hyejoo had to buy Hyunjin 2 weeks worth of bread and snacks just so she wouldn’t beat Yerim and Yeojin up, even with Saint Heejin’s help. 

The group became fast friends after that. They met up quite often outside of their shared classes. Slowly, Heejin and Hyunjin carved their place in the group until their presence was natural. 

As the group ended Junior year and entered their Senior year together, Hyejoo realized that her duo with Yeojin had turned into an entire wolf pack. 

 

(She realized this during one of their group’s movie night, and blamed her tears on the sad scene of the romcom they were all watching.) 

 

/