phew! someone please make a move already

we going SPACE SQUAD

Officer’s Lounge, 2ND Floor, Hong Kong Earth-Space Hub aka “The Hub”

Hong Kong, United Earth Alliance, 0930 Hours

 

/

 

Vivi stood in front of the glass windows, drink in hand. The view was impressive as always. Ships fluttered in and out of the Hub's air space. She watched as people milled about down on the landing zones.

She took a sip of her cup. She had asked for a cup of orange juice earlier to accompany her breakfast, not really feeling like coffee at the moment.

To say she was excited and nervous was an understatement. Although, if you took a look at her, you wouldn’t know from her calm and collected face.

Vice Admiral Jeong was an enigma. A good one, though. Working with his projects was like a breath of fresh air from the usual strict military brass.

When he briefed her on his upcoming project, she was interested.

And when he mention that Jo Haseul would be leading the project… well, let’s just say her interest was peaked.

 

Vivi could count the number of encounters she had with Jo Haseul on one hand. 

The first time was when Haseul had long hair. She had recently graduated from the University and she’s already getting assigned to the rank of Jr. Lieutenant. Of course, the news had already traveled through much of the Alliance’s network. Videos and photos of the ceremony popped up everywhere.

The second time Vivi saw Haseul was a year and a half later. It was at the Alliance’s Exchange Combat Demonstration. A bi-annual event to encourage growth and instill inspiration unto the space cadets at the Universities.

A lot could happen in a year and a half. Imagine her surprise when she saw Jo Haseul again. This time with short hair , and bearing the rank of Lt. Commander.

By her side were two familiar Lieutenants, Ha Sooyoung and Jung Jinsoul. She heard of their impressive track record as a team.

Vivi couldn’t keep her eyes off of Haseul. She was glad that the attention was mutual.

She even kept eye contact during her combat match. The burly man acting as her opponent was no match for her anyways, even if he was twice her size. She didn’t graduate at the top of Hong Kong’s 1st Division of Sharpshooters just based on her gunmanship.

To her dismay, she and Haseul didn’t get a chance to talk, let alone introduce themselves. They were both swept away with their duties.

 

The loud humming of an incoming ship snapped her out of her thoughts. A frigate-size ship was preparing to land.

She recognized the ship, SSV LOONA. VA Jeong had mentioned it in the briefing.

She drank the rest of the orange juice. Time to go meet her new….space mates? Friends? Potential girlfriend?

She flicked her brown hair over her shoulder as she strapped her Black Widow sniper rifle along the back of her Alliance uniform. Her armor she could do without. But her baby? Nuh uh. She always had it on her.

(Her primary weapon was her sniper rifle. Her secondary was an SMG. And her third, if she couldn’t use either, were her FISTS.)

The rest of her belongings were waiting for her by the Hub’s dock.

Vivi made sure to tip the lounge chef before making her way downstairs.

 

/

 

 LISTEN . I’m the math expert here!”

Jinsoul exclaimed as the three of them disembarked the LOONA.

“By my calculations, any girl who stares at you for that long while suplexing a man is not 100% straight !”

Sooyoung snorted. “She’s right, you know. Why not give it a shot?”

“I dunno guys..…we’re going to be working together and she’s really pretty and I—oh, is that her?”

The three of them looked forward, spotting Vivi waiting by what looked like 2 boxes of her personal stuff.

Vivi noticed them as they were heading her way. How could you not, Jinsoul was animatedly waving her hands around in what looked like an enthusiastic conversation.

When they reached her, the four began exchanging basic military introductions. Names and ranks and all that.

Jinsoul nudged Sooyoung before saying, “Lemme get your stuff for you. We can move it to your assigned quarters.”

Sooyoung caught on rather quickly. “Yeah, Cap here can show you the ship in the meantime.”

She took Vivi’s duffle bag and left with a grin. Jinsoul followed after her, carrying Vivi’s 2 boxes like it was nothing.

The two Commanders left Vivi and Haseul standing there looking amused and slightly embarrassed, respectively.

 

/