the art of pranking, enter the wolf and the froggo

we going SPACE SQUAD

United World University for Space, United Korea Branch

Seoul, South Korea, United Earth Alliance

[Time Frame: Unnie line + SSV LOONA currently docked at Sathur. Space Cadet babies have 1 day before UWUS Graduation.]

 

/

 

D-1

 

Hyejoo looked around her barren dorm room. Almost all of her stuff was packed and shipped back to her parents’ house, leaving her with a duffle bag full of clothes and basic necessities.  

With how empty it was, it looked like she was just starting University. Oh man, how time flies.

“How long are you gonna be sulking for?”

Yeojin looked amused from her seat on the couch.

“I’m not sulking .” Hyejoo pouted slightly.

Yeojin chortled lightly. “C’MON! This is our last day here. Graduation is tomorrow . We should be making the most out of today!”

Hyejoo looked over at their closet door. Their Graduation uniforms were neatly ironed and hung. One more day and then they’ll be done.

“Yeah... ok, you’re right.” A smirk slipped on her face as she turned to her roommate. “You thinking what I’m thinking?”

Yeojin raised her eyebrows, a knowing look already plastered on her face. “ Oh yes! Today will be carved into UWUS history! The most chaotic of pranks will be unleashed.”

Yeojin rubbed her hands together like one of those 21st Century movie villains. Hyejoo chuckled, already moving towards their secret prank stash .

 

/

 

“Hey, have you seen Hyejoo or Yeojin at all today?”

Yerim shot Chaewon a quizzical look before she tried to remember. “You mean other than this morning at the campus’ mail center? Hmm...no, not really.”

“Huh.” Chaewon had a weird feeling; nothing bad though, just weird. “It’s just, we usually pass them by now.”

Chaewon and Yerim were walking to their next class. The Hall was usually filled with students either entering or leaving the classrooms.

 

The two stopped at Chaewon’s locker briefly. A cadet came running down the hallway, only to stop at his friend’s locker, which was conveniently near Chaewon’s.

“Dude!” The cadet paused to catch his breath. “Did you hear about what happened to the pool?”

His friend was rifling through his locker with the enthusiasm of a sloth. “Uh, no. What’s up?”

The cadet’s eyes were wide in disbelief. “Someone replaced all of the pool water.”

“Oh. A prank?” The friend shut his locker, his curiosity a bit peaked now. “So all the water’s gone?”

“No, noooo dude! The pool water’s been replaced with purple JELLY. 

“HUH?”

“Uh-huh. Yeah, dude.” The cadet nodded his head quite seriously. “Purple. Jelly.”

The cadet shook his friend with each word. “Gelatin. Jell-o. PURPLE. The entire. Olympic-size. Pool.”

“Wha—HEY! Sto—stop shaking me!” The cadet wrangled the hands off him. “Well, what are we doing here then. I gotta see this!”

“One of the swimming instructors fell in thinking it was just purple dyed water at first. Haha! He’s been stuck for a good hour now.” The two cadets dashed off towards the campus’ pool.

 

Yerim and Chaewon exchanged a look.

“You don’t think…”

“I mean, this could be why we haven’t seen them yet…” Yerim shrugged with a sheepish smile.

Chaewon groaned, slamming her head (gently) on her locker. “What are those two dorks THINKING. Are they trying to get suspended when Graduation is literally tomorrow!”

Yerim pressed her lips together to stay quiet, trying hard to contain herself. When a couple seconds of silence passed, Chaewon peeked at her friend.

“...You want to go see it, don’t you.”

Yerim’s expression brightened up at her words. She grabbed Chaewon’s hand and before the blonde knew it, they were already running out of the building.

“C’mon, Chae! It’s a giant pool filled with purple jelly ! You can’t tell me you don’t want to see it.”

“...”

“Yeah, that’s what I thought!”

 

/

 

Heejin casually strolled through the campus. She was in between classes and thought a walk would be nice. The weather was pretty alright today, warm and breezy.

She saw a glimpse of Hyejoo, who was heading her way.

“Oh, Hyejoo! Hey, wha—?”

Hyejoo ran right by her. She could make out a giddy look on her friend’s face but she wasn’t sure. She was running a bit too fast for Heejin to make out.

“...huh…?” Heejin stared in the distance. She was very confused as to make could make Hyejoo run like that.

A commotion nearby snapped her out of it. Heejin turned towards the source.

Her eyes widened comically. More like, what Hyejoo could be running from.

The campus water fountain, the only elaborately decorated water fountain in the middle of campus, was not spraying water like usual.

It was straight up spewing FIRE.

With a circle of fireworks surrounding it.

Dozens of cadets were by the scene. Not too close though, the amount of fireworks going off was ridiculous.

“NO WAY!” Heejin broke out in gleeful laughter as she ran towards the fountain, her omni-tool already out and ready to record.

“Hyejoo really outdid herself this time!”

 

/

 

Hyunjin stepped into the dorm’s communal showers. She was panting slightly, a bit winded from her previous combat class. Her stupid instructor had nothing better to do so he put them through another field exercise.

All she wanted was a quick shower.

But nope! That wasn’t happening today.

When she swung the door open, there was already screaming. A very distinct detour from the norm. A couple of cadets ran out from the shower stalls. The water pressure was going crazy as it sprayed out rainbow colored water.

She stared at the chaotic sight for a few seconds before turning right around.

“Nope. Not again.”

Hyunjin walked out with a sigh, intent on finding a place to safely shower and not turn into a rainbow mess.

 

/

 

“Hey! Watch out!”

“Ahhhh!”

“Watch your feet! The amphibians are small and slippery!”

“Who let all the animals out of their cages?!”

“Who cares! We have to get them back!”

The UWUS Science Department was pure chaos. The staff were all running around trying to capture the animals used in the studies and return them to their proper habitats.

“Huh—WHAAAAA SNAKE!”

A cadet scrambled on top of a desk trying to avoid the slithering reptile.

 

/

 

One of the University’s sports instructor sipped on his coffee as he stared out at the large green soccer field.

Dozens and dozens of pink plastic flamingos stared right back at him. The plastic bird decorations were neatly placed in even spaces and covered every inch of the artificial grass lawn.

The instructor was half impressed and half annoyed. He took another sip before muttering, “I don’t get paid enough for this...”

 

/

 

Hyejoo leaned against the guard rail of the dorm’s rooftop. A slight breeze blew by, swaying a few locks of her hair. She tilted her head up at the sky, tracing the fluffy clouds floating by. It was just about an hour till the sunset.

“They should be here by now…”

The peace and quiet was gone when the door burst open dramatically by none other than... her roommate! Right on time. Not gonna lie, she jumped a little when the poor door smacked loudly against the brick wall.

“HAHAHA!” Yeojin came bouncing through and laughing easily, like she didn’t just cause the campus staff some major stress from all their pranks today.

Hyejoo watched her roommate giddly skip around the rooftop. Her lips quirked up to match her partner in crime, “Y’know, this is suppose to be the part of the plan where we lay low.”

“Ah, c’mon! Live a little!” Yeojin cried out, “I still can’t believe we pulled all that off.”

Yeojin jumped on Hyejoo, smothering her in a hug. “I’m so PROUD of us.” She then proceeded to bring out the crocodile tears. “Hey! Stop it—urgh...alright, alright. I’m proud of us too.” Hyejoo ended up patting her partner’s back as a smile slowly made its way to her face.

 

“Awww look at them.” Heejin cooed as she walked through the rooftop doorway. A thick folded blanket was tucked under her arms. Hyunjin snickered along, her hands were occupied by bags and bags of food.

Chaewon and Yerim were quick to follow after the two. They came in chattering while their arms held cans of various drinks.

“I can’t believe it was that purple! So vibrant and cute!”

“Seriously, where do you get that much purple jelly? More importantly, how did they cook it?!?”

Hyejoo and Yeojin scrambled to their feet upon the arrival of their friends. Yeojin shouted out a greeting, Hyejoo simply waved and smiled

“Hey! You guys made it!”

“Duh. Wouldn’t want to miss our traditional rooftop picnic.” Hyunjin retorted as she and Heejin laid out the food.

“Sorry, we got sidetracked by the animals on the loose.” Chaewon gently plopped the canned drinks on the picnic blanket. Yeojin let out a tell-tale giggle at the mention of her prank.

“Yeah! Last I heard, the frogs managed to get to the greenhouse!” Yerim plopped onto Chaewon with a giggle. Chaewon let out a little ‘whaaa’ at the impact.

Hyejoo tugged Yeojin over to the group, the two of them sat cross-legged on the blanket.

“Well, let’s get started! I’m hungry.”

“Yeah, no .” Hyunjin snorted as she reached for the box of chicken. “You two were just zooming all over campus today.”

“And I got it all on video!” Heejin laughed excitedly.

The Wolf Pack clamored energetically as they watched the pranks captured on video, munched on their pile of food, and shoved and joked with each other as the sunset-streaked sky became their background.

 

 

/