Chapter 2

What are we?

CHAPTER 2

 

* Minju's POV *

 

I was about to sleep when i hear the door bel rings. I let it for a while in hope my Umma will get the door. I am so tired because i just back from Jeju.

 

The bell ringing again. Where is umma? I sigh and force my feet to walk to get the door. It ringing again as i opened the door.

 

I'm surprised to see my daughter in her Mommy embrace standing in front of me.

 

"Ummm hai?" Chaewon greet me and she sounds awkward. "Our daughter said she miss you, so yeah, we are here."

 

Did she just said 'our daughter'? It's been so long i didn't hear that word. Since we were divorced, the word 'our' is no longer exist. It's either 'my' or 'your'.

 

But today, hearing that word coming from , succesfully make me speechless. I feel warm inside here, in my heart. 

 

"Mamaaa" Our daughter called me, breaking my though. I smiled at her. I took her from Chaewon's embrace and she snuggle in my chest. "Miss youuuu"

 

"I miss you tou, baby." I patted her head softly.

 

I walk inside and then turn back when i feel Chaewon keep standing outside. "Are you gonna keep standing there or coming inside?"

 

"Umhh--"

 

"Oh, Chaewon?" Umma's voice interrupting her. She stand behind Chaewon. Where is she from?

 

"Aaah Umma, Haloo" she bows to Umma and umma patted her softly.

 

"What are you doing here?" Umma ask her.

 

"Our daughter wanted to meet her Mama, so i drove her here." She says while smiling awkwardly at Umma.

 

I noticed she use the word 'our daughter' again, and i can't help to feel that warm feeling inside my heart again.

 

"Let's go in, it's been so long we have not chatted together." Umma invited her in and walk firts. Chaewon nodded and follow her.

 

"Where did you go earlier, umma?" I ask her when we finally sit in the living room.

 

"I took a short walk to get some fresh air." I nodded at her answer. She excused herself to get us drinks.

 

"Seems like she really missed you" Chaewon chuckle at our daughter who's still clinging onto me and likely she will not let me go for the next few minutes.

 

"Do you really missed me that much Chaeju-yah?" I ask her with teasing tone.

 

She lift her head and pouted. "Of cwose, Mamaaa." I smile at her cuteness. She snuggle again and paying with my finger.

 

I glance at Chaewon. She is busy playing with her phone. 

 

Silence.

 

Where is Umma? Why is she taking so long?

 

I sighed in relief when finally she show up with drinks in her hand.

 

"So, how are you Chaewon-ah? Its been so long that you're here" Umma asked as opening the conversation.

 

"I'm fine, Umma. I'm sorry that i never coming here. Works takes my time too much lately."

 

"It's okay. Just don't be too hard on yourself. Your body need rest too you know?"

 

"I know, Umma. Thank you." She smile. "And what about you, umma? How are you? I bet you feel really fine and good"

 

"You are right. I feel so fine. How did you know?" Umma raised her eyebrow.

 

"Because you look prettier since the last time i saw you" she grinned at umma.

 

Oh my God. What a sweet talker.

 

"And you still the same, seems cold but so cheeky." That made Chaewon grinned again. "No wonder my daughter was so in love with you back then."

 

"Umma...." I whined, felt embarassed that she exposed me.

 

"What about now, umma? Are your dughter still in love with me?" She look at Umma cheekily.

 

"Why don't you ask her by yourself?" Umma answer her while look at me teasingly.

 

Chaewon grinned at umma but her grinn stoped and replaced with an awkward chuckle when she knows that i glare at her.

 

"Ummhh" she cleared . "I better ask her next time, Umma."

 

I rolled my eyes at her. And umma just let out a small smile seeing us.

 

They continued the conversation and i keep patted Chaeju's back softly.

 

Sensing that there's no voice coming from her granddaughter, Umma look at Chaeju and realised that she's sleeping.

 

"Minju.." She calls me softly. "Bring Chaeju to the bedroom." I nodded and carry my daughter to my room. I feel like someone followed me. 

 

I lay Chaeju in my bed. When i turn around, Chaewon is standing in the door way.

 

"Can i come in?" she ask me. I nod my head as my answer.

 

She walks slowly into my bed. I move abit when she's standing and looking at our daughter.

 

"Our daughter looks so peaceful when she's sleep." She chuckle.

 

Right. Our daughter. I don't know how many times i smiled hearing this words today.

 

I hummed.

 

She leaned over and kiss our daughter's forehead. "Have a happy nap, baby girl" she says softly.

 

She look at me and smile. "I think you need a rest, so i will take my leave now"

 

"Or you can continue your talk with umma" i suggested.

 

She shakes her head. "I need to meet someone"

 

"Ok."

 

"Bye, Min"

 

I nodded as she walked out of my room. I heard she said goodbye to Umma.

 

I look through my window when she start the car engine and left my house.

 

"Who will she meet?" I mumble to my self.

 

No no no. Why sould i care?

 

I better take a nap now. My brain start to thinking weird thing.

 

I lay down beside my daughter and close my eyes.