Chapter 3

What are we?

CHAPTER 3

 

 

 

 

 

*Minju's pov*

 

 

"Mama, i want that snack" Chaeju pointed at her favorite snack. I took it and put it in the troly.

 

"Anything else?"

 

"Can i get candy?" She titled her head.

 

"Umm no?" I .

 

"Mama, pweaaaasee" she look at me with her puppy eyes and little pout in her lips. Remind me of someone actually.

 

I smiled and patted her head softly. "Oke, baby"

 

"Yeeessshhh!!!" She jump a little.

 

When she woke up from her nap earlier, she asked me to take her out. So, we are here in the store, buying snacks and having fun.

 

After paying at the cashier, i led her out of the store. We walk to where my car was parked. 

 

Suddenly, she pointed at someone and shouted "Onty Wonyoooo"

 

I take a look in the direction she was pointing. And yes, there is Wonyoung. Sitting alone in front of coffe shop, playing with her phone.

 

Hearing her name called, she looked up and saw us. Then she smile and wave her hand.

 

Chaeju walks toward Wonyoung happily. I followed behind.

 

"Halo Chaeju-ah" Wonyoung pulls Chaeju and hug her. "Halo unnie" She smile at me.

 

"Who are you with, Wonyo?" I ask her when i noticed there's two cups on the table.

 

"I am with Eunbi unnie. She is inside. Come on join us, unnie!"

 

I nodded at her. "Oke." I take a sit across her.

 

I look at my daughter, she is still being embraced by Wonyoung and sometimes would giggle when Wonyo tickle her.

 

"Oh, halo sister in law" Eunbi unnie call me with teasing tone and i let her. "Since when you were here?"

 

"Not so long ago actually."

 

"Ontyyyyy" Chaeju calls her.

 

"Halo cutie" she patted Chaeju's head. "Have you ordered?" She ask.

 

"Noooo" Chaeju shakes her head.

 

"Okay. What do you want, cutie?" 

 

"Ummmm" she looks like she's thinking, and then looks at me. "Can i get aish cweam, Mama?"

 

"What if i say no?" I ask her.

 

She frowned and pouted her lips.

 

"Still, no." I want to again.

 

She then looks at Wonyoung and whisper loudly. "Onty, can you help me with dis?"

 

I don't know what that means.

 

Wonyoung nod and make an 'okay' sign.

 

"Mama, aish cweam, pweaaaseee" she pleaded with her puppy eyes and pouted.

 

"Yes please, unnieeeee" suddenly Wonyoung joined along with puppy eyes and pouted her lips too.

 

I forgot that they used to make a great team to bully me, along with one-other-person-you-know-who.

 

And now, i have two kids with their puppy eyes and pouting lips looking at me asking for ice cream.

 

They really reminds me of someone-you-know-who.

 

"Well, okay. You can have ice cream."

 

"Yeeaaayyy" they cheered. "Let's get you aish cweam!!" Wonyoung pulls Chaeju and walks happily together.

 

Eunbi unnie just shook her head looking at the two kids.

 

"I can't stand their pouts" i sighed.

 

"Why? Remind you of someone?" Unnie smirk at me.

 

"Unnieeee" I whined and covered my face that i feel like getting red.

 

She laughs at my reaction. "Unlike Chaewon who would glares at me, your reaction is just whine like this. So yeah, its fun to tease you"

 

"Should i glare at you too? So you would stop teasing me?"

 

"It wouldn't work on me though." She says calmly while sipping her coffe.

 

"True." I sighed in defeat. "Since you are my favorite unnie, i let this pass."

 

"Oh, so now i'm your favorite unnie? What about Chaewonie then?" 

 

"Please unnie, not again" i pleaded at  her.

 

"Oke. I will stop now, sister in law." She chuckle. And i face palmed at her word.

 

"Mamaaaa" Chaeju calls me. She run  slowly while Wonyoung followed behind her carrying our order. She then sat on my lap comfortably.

 

"Here is your ice cream, Chaeju-ya" Wonyoung put the ice cream in front of Chaeju who clapped happily. "And this is your coffe, unnie. Thanks God, i still remember your favorite drink. I forgot to asked you."

 

"Anything is okay for me though. As long as it's not mint choco."

 

"Right. That toothpaste." Eunbi unnie added.

 

"Oh my God. You two have the audacity to mocking mint choco right in front of me. This is unforgivable." Wonyoung cross her arms and frowned cutely. We laugh at her action.

 

We chatted for few moments while sometimes interspersed with whining from Chaeju who felt ignored.

 

Its getting late. Chaeju start yawning and snuggle at me.

 

"What did you ride ealier, unnie?"

 

"We took a taxi."

 

"Do you want me to drop you off, guys?" I offered.

 

"No need, Minju-ah. I already texted Chaewon to fetch us". Unnie showed her phone. "And she would be here in a few minutes."

 

I nodded. "Oke then."

 

And few minutes after that, we saw Chaewon's car parked not far from where we sat.

 

When she got out from the car, the other door also opened. A girl came out. They talk for awhile and then they hugged. After that, the girl went into the gym center across the street.

 

Chaewon walked toward us. She sat next to me.

 

"Who is that girl, unnie?" Wonyoung ask. I thank her silently. We have the same question. But who am i to ask that kind of question?

 

"Friend." Chaewon replied shortly.

 

Is this the friend she said she was meeting earlier?

 

"She is really my friend. Just a friend." Chaewon explained when Eunbi unnie looking at her with raised eyebrows.

 

"Oh ok. But, why are you explain it to me?" Unnie look at her confused.

 

"I hate you." Chaewon looked at Unnie annoyed.

 

Eunbi unnie laughed because she felt she had succesfully sister. Wonyoung also laughed with her.

 

"I swear to God, i hate you guys." She glared at them.

 

Chaeju who hears her Mommy's voice, gets up and rubs her eyes. She turned her head to look at her Mommy. 

 

"Mommy...." She calls her softly.

 

Chaewon look at our daughter. '"Halo sweetie~" She wants to take her and move it to her lap. But it seems like our daughter doesn't want to, because she snuggled more on my chest.

 

"You sleepy?" Chaewon asked while lowering her head to look at our daughter's face.

 

"Eeungg" Chaeju nod and slowly close her eyes.

 

"Oke" she kiss Chaeju's cheek. And then she sat up straight like before. Looking at her sisters.

 

"Are you guys done chatting? Because this mini-me is sleepy already." She pointed at Chaeju with her thumb.

 

"Yes." Wonyoung asnwered.

 

"Oke then, let's go home." She stood up.

 

Eunbi unnie pulled her hand. "But before that, Chae, you have to pay for our drinks first."

 

Chaewon raised her eyebrow. "Why sould i?"

 

"Because i said so." Unnie look at her with demanding look.

 

She rolled her eyes. "What a demanding bij." She walks lazily into the cafe.

 

"You should have let me pay for my and chaeju's drink, unnie"

 

"Don't worry, Minju unnie. Actually Ssamu unnie doesn't mind. She's just acting." Wonyoung says try to assuring me.

 

Unnie nodded. Agreed at what Wonyoung said. "Right. No need to worry, sister in law"

 

 

 

"Can we go home now?" Chaewon ask flatly. We are all nodded.

 

I stood with a little difficulty because Chaeju was sleeping. Knowing that I was having a hard time, Wonyoung helped me carry my bag. Chaewon only glances and starts walking.

 

When I want to lay Chaeju on the backseat, she shakes her head and hugs me tighter. 

 

"Baby, i have to drive after this.."

 

She grunt. "Nooo"

 

"Why unnie?" Wonyoung asked after putting my bag.

 

"She doesn't want to be put down in the back seat. How will I drive?"

 

"What's the matter?" Eunbi unnie asked. She walks toward my car. Chaewon followed behind while looking at her phone.

 

"Chaeju don't want to be put down. How can Minju unnie drive later, unnie?" Wonyoung explaining the problem.

 

Eunbi unnie poked Chaewon.

 

"What?!" Annoyed. Chaewon half shouted.

 

"She can't drive right now."

 

"And?" Chaewon looks at Unnie with annoyance.

 

I think, i know what Eunbi unnie trying to do here. They looked at each other as if they are talking with their eyes. Chaewon sighed and walked towards me.

 

"Give me your key" She stretched out her hand.

 

"You sure?" I asked because it seemed like she's lazy to do it.

 

"Eung." She responds. Then she turned to Unnie and gave her car key. "You guys better just go straight to home. Drive carefully."

 

Eunbi unnie smiled. "You too, drive carefully. Let's go, Wonyo!" She said goodbye after Chaeju's head softly.

 

"Bye Unnies!" Wonyoung smiled at me and grinning at her sister.

 

"Shall we go now?" Chaewon ask and i nod. She opened the door for me. I get in carefully, afraid this child woke up. She then close the door slowly and headed toward the driver seat.

 

Starting the engine, she glance at our daughter when she hears whimper.

 

"It's okay." I assure her while patted our daughter's back softly. She nod and drove the car.

 

Usually, she will hold my hand and give it kisses when driving. But that was a long time ago. Now, there is only silence in the car. This situation lasted until we arrived at my house.

 

She opened the door again and helped me carry my stuffs into the house. She followed to my room and put the stuffs on the table.

 

"Can i kiss her?" She asked and look at our child when i finished laying her down.

 

I nodded as answer.

 

I watched as she kissed her nose, then her cheek, and the last on her forehead a bit longer. "Good night, baby."

 

"Is it okay for her to sleep with me? She should still be with you for the next three days though" i ask her while walking to the front door with her.

 

"It's okay. I still can meet her tomorrow anyway"

 

"Then, how do you go home?"

 

"I will take a taxi."

 

"Do you want to ride my car?" I offered her.

 

She shook her head. "No need. How do you go to work tomorrow?"

 

"There is still appa's car."

 

She shook her head again. "No need to. I'm fine taking a taxi." She smiled convincingly at me.

 

"Chae..." I called her as she started to leave. 

 

She stopped and looked at me. Waiting for me to say something.

 

"Thank you" i said sincerely.

 

She nodded and smile. I returning her smile.

 

"Good night." She waved her hand and left.

 

"Good night to you too" I said, watching her back disappearing in the darkness.

 

I sigh. 

 

If I'm still your wife, will you give me a goodnight kiss too, Chaewon?