Chapter 1

What are we?

Since 2kim happened at the airport, here's the first update! :)

 

 

 

CHAPTER 1

 

*Author's Pov*

 

"What the-- Wonyooo! Ugh, get off of me!" Chaewon groaned.

 

"Not until you get up" Wonyoung says while still hugging Chaewon. "Mom asked me to wake you up"

 

"And this is the way you wake me up?" Chaewon ask with irritation. Wonyoung nodded cutely.

 

"Come on, unnie. I'm hungry. We are all waiting for you to get breakfast together." Wonyoung whined.

 

Chaewon sat up lazily with Wonyoung still clinging onto her. "I wake up now. You can go."

 

"Nah. You probably gonna sleep again once i go. I will wait until you wash and be ready"

 

"I swear to--"

 

"Shhhh no time complaining. Hurry up!!!" Wonyoung push Chaewon to the bathroom and force her to get ready.

 

****

 

"Can you be more responsible with yourself, Chae? You are a married woman you know" Eunbi tease Chaewon once she sit in front off her at the dinning table.

 

"I Was!" Chaewon corrected her sister while rolling her eyes.

 

"You are, Unnie" Wonyoung joining Eunbi to .

 

"Tsk! Whatever" Chaewon got annoyed getting teased by her sisters.

 

"Mommy!!!!" A little girl running to her happily. 

 

Chaewon turned her head to the voice. She smile seeing her daughter running with her hands up to the air wanting to be carried.

 

"Hello baby girl" She stand to pick her daughter up and hug her after. "How are you today?"

 

"Owsom, Mommy!" Answer the little girl cutely. Chaewon smile and kiss her cheek.

 

"Helooo eviwooooonn" the little girl greet everyone at the dinning room.

 

Everyone there smiling because of her cuteness. 

 

"Who you coming here with, Chaeju-yah?" Chaewon's mom asked the little girl.

 

"With Mama!" Chaeju, the little girl, answered. She pointed at the front door where she entered.

 

Not so long after that, a beautiful woman enter with few bags.

 

"Unnie let me help you with that" Wonyoung quickly help her with the bags and put it at the corner table. "What is this unnie?" She ask.

 

"Few ingredients to make cookies and cakes. Mom asked me to bought it for her" the beautiful woman answered.

 

"Thank you, Minju-yah." Chaewon's mom smiling to her daughter in law. "I'm sorry i bothered you in this early morning."

 

"No problem, Mom. It really didn't bother me." Minju, the beautiful woman, says while smiling.

 

"Come here, join us have breakfast." Chaewon's mom offered.

 

"It's okay, Mom. I and Chaeju already had breakfast. I just gonna sit there at the couch." Minju softly says.

 

"But Mama, i'm still hungwyyy" Chaeju whined in Chaewon's embrace. "Les eat again okaaay???" She blink cutely and stare at her Mama.

 

Minju can't reject that cute stare from her daughter. So, she just smile and nod her head. "Oke."

 

"Yeeeshhhh!!!" Chaeju shouted happily. Everyone smiling at her cuteness once again. 

 

Chaewon then sit and placed her daughter in her lap. "Come here, Mama. Sit beside me and Mommy" She pointed at the seat beside Chaewon. Minju force a smile to her daughter. 

 

The family eating their breakfast with some chit-chat with the little girl.

 

The fact that she's sitting beside her ex-wife, make Minju speechless there. Until her daughter choking on her food. She give her drink quickly.

 

"Eat slowly Chaeju-ah" she says softly.

 

"I'm hungry, Mama. And the food is so good. Right, Mommy?" Chaeju asked Chaewon for a support.

 

Chaewon who's still rubbing her daughter's back, nod and smile.

 

"But you already had breakfast, Baby. How can you hungry?" Minju asked.

 

"We had breakfast long ago, Mama" the little girl whined make everyone laugh.

 

"Maybe our breakfast a bit late. So yeah i got why you are hungry, Chaeju-ah" Eunbi reasoned out.

 

"Whyyyyy" Chaeju ask.

 

"Well, your Mommy woke up so late that i had to pushed her to the bathroom" Wonyoung explained while look at Chaewon with teasing look.

 

"Shut up! You woke me up early in the morning" Chaewon glared at Wonyoung.

 

"In what universe it's early in the morning, unnie!??"

 

"Whatever." Chaewon says shortly. The other adult only shake their head and continue their breakfast.

 

Minju sighing inside knowing her ex-wife still live her life like that.

 

"Look at your wife, Minju unnie. She's awful" Wonyoung says.

 

"Ex!" Chaewon and Minju corrected in unison.

 

"Mygad you are so in sync. That's couple behavior you know" Eunbi teased then grin together with Wonyoung.

 

Minju only shake her head knowing they really like to and Chaewon about their status.

 

Meanwhile Chaewon rolled her eyes at her sisters action.

 

***

 

*Chaewon's pov*

 

I was playing with Chaeju when Minju approach us -i mean, Chaeju- to say goodbye to her.

 

"Can you stay here, Mama?" Chaeju asked.

 

"I'm sorry baby. I can't." Minju says softly. 

 

Hearing her voice talking softly make my heart flutter. The voice that used to call my name with so much love.

 

"But, i want to be together with Mama and Mommy" Chaeju says sadly.

 

I feel guilty toward her. At the very young age, she has to live separately with her parent. A week with me and the next week with Minju. After our divorces, we made few agreements and this is one of them.

 

I want to say something to cheer my daughter up, but my mouth keep shut when my eyes meet Minju's beautiful eyes for a split second. The beautiful eyes that used to look at me with so much love.

 

"Why don't you and Mommy send your Mama back, Chaeju-yah. So you can spend a bit more time with her?" My mom sugested. 

 

"No need, Mom. I will take a cab instead" Minju refuse.

 

"Don't worry, Minju. Chaewon and Chaeju would like to send you home." I widened my eyes at her.

 

"What? Your daughter wants it. Right, Chaeju-yah?" 

 

"You don't need to bring my name" i whisper.

 

"Yesssh, grandma!" My daughter give her thumbs up.

 

Oh, God. 

 

"And Minju, please take care of your health while you are working in Jeju later okay." My Mom hug Minju.

 

What she gonna do in Jeju? How did i not know?

 

"Don't worry too much, Mom. Its gonna be only three days."

 

"Still..."

 

"Okay okay. I will take care of my self, Mom." Minju smile assuringly at my Mom. "I will take my leave now."

 

"Unniieeee" Wonyoung came to hug Minju. "Bring me a beautiful girl from Jeju okay. I feel like in need of girlfriend" She pouted at Minju. Minju laughed at her and ruffled her hair.

 

"You are still a kid, Wonyo." I say.

 

"I'm not talking to you!" She meronged at me.

 

"Go to your room, kid!" I push her. The other laughed at me and Wonyoung.

 

"Bye Wonyo" Minju waved and bring Chaeju. 

 

"Why are you still here?" My mom ask me.

"Go send her!"

 

"You really want me to send her home?" I ask her back.

 

"Do i look like am joking? Beside, Chaeju is with her. Want it or not, you still need to send her home."

 

"Geezz..."

 

"Don't make my daughter in law waiting, Chaewon..." Mom nudged me.

 

"Ugh fine." I gave up and walk lazily to catch up with them.

 

I don't know what come in my mind, but i open the car door for her. Maybe it's habit? 

 

She seems confused, but still enter the car anyway.

 

"Thanks." "Thank you, Mommy" they said in unison.

 

I smile at my daughter.

 

Why i do feel like this ride gonna take longer than it shoul be? 

 

Chaeju's laughter fill the car. She playing happily with her Mama.

 

There's warm feeling inside me seeing my daughter and her Mama laughing together.

 

Their laugh stoped when Minju's phone ringing.

 

"Halo, boss." Minju answered it. "What?!" She almost shout.

 

I glance at her. She seems panic.

 

"You said my flight was at night." She sigh. "Okay. I will be at the airport as fast as i can." The call ended. She sigh again.

 

"Chae, can you drive faster?" She ask me.

 

"Why?"

 

"Because my boss just informed me that my flight is two hours from now on"

 

"Okay." Without anymore talk i drive faster. "Did you packed already?"

 

"Thanks God, i did." She said with relief.

 

Finally we reach her house. She immediately kiss Chaeju and bid goodbye. Maybe she think i will just go.

 

But no, i will send her to the airport too.

 

Not long after, she came outside with her luggage. Surprised seeing us still in front of her house.

 

"Why are you guys still here?" She ask.

 

"Well, i decide to send you to the airport." I answer and shrugged.

 

"You don--"

 

"Beside, maybe Chaeju still want to be with her Mama before she go" i reasoned out when i feel like she gonna refuse. "Right, Baby girl?" I ask my daughter.

 

My daughter nod cutely and smile happily.

 

Minju sigh in defeat and put her luggage at the back. She sit at the front with Chaeju in her lap like before. I drive as fast as before.

 

We reach airport early. We seated beside each other while waiting for Minju's flight. Chaeju still clinging at her Mama happily.

 

It's time for Minju's flight. She kiss Chaeju.

"Bye, Baby. See you next week"

 

"Babye Mama" Chaeju wave at her.

 

I watched them with silent. If only you still my wife i will give you a goodbye kiss too, Minju.

 

****

 

Me and Chaeju are going home. The entire ride, she sing and clapped her hand. 

 

When i park my car, i see a familiar car. My daughter running entering the house. "Be careful, baby."

 

"Oke, Mommy!" While showing her thumb. I shake my head at her.

 

"Wooooo, onty Hyeee!!!" I hear she screaming. 

 

When i enter the house, i see my daughter laughing and bouncing with Hyewon unnie in the living room.

 

"What are you doing here?" i ask her and sit at the couch.

 

"Visiting you of course." she grinned at me.

 

"You better go home now." 

 

"Stop being so rude to my guest, Chae." Eunbi unnie came with drink in her hand. I roll my eyes at her.

 

I take the drink from her hand and gulp till it empty. "Thanks, unnie."

 

"Yah! It's supposed to be for Hyewon!" She grumps and glare at me.

 

"Oh" i show her my most innocent face.

 

"Disgusting" Hyewon unnie comment. I side eyeing her.

 

"Oh Chaewon, you are back." my Mom says. "Did Minju arrived home safely?"

 

"Ofcourse, Mom" i grump. "And she's on the way to Jeju now."

 

"You send her to the airport?" My mom ask again.

 

"Who else?" I ask her back.

 

"Well, it can be her boyfriend you know".

 

"She doesn't have boyfriend, mom."

 

"Why you sound jealous?"

 

From the corner of my eyes, i can see Eunbi unnie chuckle and Hyewon unnie close trying not to laugh at Mom's words.

 

"I'm not." I reply flatly.

 

"Whatever." She shakes her head. She turn to my daughter. "So Chaeju, wanna play with grandma and grandpa in the backyard?"

 

"Otay, grandmaaaa!!" Chaeju looks at Hyewon unnie. "Onty, put me down pweeeeease"

 

Hyewon unnie shakes her head and smiles when Chaeju pouted at her. She then pointed at her cheek, asking for a kiss.

 

"Put me down fiwst and i will gib you kiss" Chaeju says cutely.

 

"Okay." She put her down. "Where's my kiss?" She bent over so Chaeju can reach her cheek.

 

"Mmwwwwwwwwwaaaaaahhh" Chaeju kiss her with sound coming from .

 

"Yah, what is this??! Your saliva?? Chaeju-yaaahh" Hyewon unnie whines.

 

Chaeju grinning innocently and running to my Mom who is laughing at Hyewon unnie.

 

"Bye onty Hyeeee" she waved cutely.

 

"She really is your kid huh" Hyewon unnie says while whipping her cheek with tissue.

 

"Ofcourse duh."

 

"I'm just glad she inherited Minju's beauty"

 

"Are you saying that am not beautiful?" I look at her.

 

"Am not saying that tho? But, if that what you get from my words, well yeah, maybe?"

 

"You do know that i can kick you out from my house right?" I threatening her 

 

"Whatever you say Ms.You sound so jealous" she smirks.

 

"Bij..." I tackled her to the couch.

 

"Yah Eunbi babyyy help meeee. A toy poodle is attacking me" She screaming for help.

 

Meanwhile Eunbi unnie just sit there shaking her head watching us attacking each others.

 

****

 

It's been three days Chaeju stay with me. We're just lazying around in the living room.

 

 

"Mommy" My daughter calls me. 

 

 

I looked up from my phone. "Yes, baby?"

 

 

"I miss Mama." She crawled in my lap and put her head in my chest. I her hair.

 

"You will see her next week, baby."

 

"Want to see Mama today, Mommyyyyyy" she whines.

 

"Why don't you just video call her, Unnie?" Wonyoung chimes in. She laying down on the couch across me.

 

"I don't have her number."

 

"You really don't have her number?" Woyoung fake gasp. "What a bad wife"

 

"Stop teasing me about my status, kiddo!" I throw a pillow to her.

 

She dodge the pillow and laughing. "It's fun." I glare at her.

 

"Well, if you don't have her number, go to her house then. So your daughter can meet her Mama."

 

"What if she still in Jeju?"

 

"From what i saw in her instagram update, she's already back." 

 

"Ok."

 

"Just ok???" Wonyo looked at me disbelief.

 

I nodded. "What kind of response do you need?"

 

She rolled her eyes.

 

"Did you just rolled your eyes at me?"

 

She hummed. "Seriously, Unnie. Just go to her house and see her. So you can get rid of the feeling missing her."

 

"I'm not the one who missing her!" I throw another pillow. She laughed at me. 

 

"Well, who knows?" She wiggled her eyebrow. She really loves to tease me. I wanna kick her sometimes.

 

"If Chaeju not sitting in my lap right now, i for sure will kick you hard, Wonyo." She laughs harder.

 

"Mommyyyyy" Chaeju whines felt ignored. 

 

I look down to see her pouting and cutely stares at me. "I miss Mama"

 

With her pout and cute stare, who would win against it? I sighed. 

 

"Okay. We will go to see your Mama." I smile at her.

 

"Yaaaayyy" My kid jumped from my lap and celebrate it with another kid, i mean Wonyoung. I smile seeing them.

 

Well, maybe, i do miss her Mama too? Maybe.