Chapter 6

What are we?

CHAPTER 6
 

"I should had go home earlier with Nako and Hitomi..." Minju mumbled softly while looking outside through the cafe's window only to see the rain is still pouring hard.

Across her, Yuri fidgeting in her seat talking on her phone. She ended the call and sighed.

Minju turned to her. "Why?"

"Sungmin oppa said that Yena sleep already." Yuri pouted. "She promised to fetch me though..."
 

"Mama, sleepy~" Chaeju tugged Minju's shirt and pouting when her mama turn at her.

Minju pulls her daughter to her lap and pat her back softly as the toddler snuggled at her. "Please wait a bit more okay, dear? We will go home once the rain stop." She kiss her head.
 

Yuri looking at the mother and daughter with guilt. She's the one that asked them to stay a little longer when they wanted to go home with Hitomi and Nako.
"I'm sorry, guys." She appologised.
 

"It's oke, Yul." Minju smiled assuringly at her.
 

"She sleeping?" Yuri ask. Minju nods while her hand rubs her daughter's back.
 

Yuri looks at the cute girl in Minju's embrace. The cute girl that talk so much and full of curiosty. She ressembles her parents a lot. Sometimes she looks like Minju, and sometimes looks like Chaewon.
 

Oh, right!
 

Yuri has an idea. "I think i know someone that can come here to fetch us." She dialed someone and then she smiles proudly when Minju giving her confused face.

"Halo unnie~"

"What?!" the person half shouted with a hoarse voice. Minju widened her eyes because she knows very well who that is.

"Did you sleep already?" Yuri ask.

"Almost." The person sounds annoyed at Yuri's question.

Yuri giggles at that answer. "You know, your kid is here with me"

"Why is she with you though. Are you kidnapping her?" that person ask irritated.

"Duh." Yuri rolls her eyes hearing that question. "And, i'm with her Mama as well."

"Hmm." Short respond from other line making Minju's heart ache a little.

"Chaewon unnie~" Yuri's whines making Chaewon grunted. "You know, it seems like the rain wouldn't stop any moment."

"And? I have nothing to do with it. I having no control over the rain." Chaewon says flatly.

"Stupid."

"Yah!"

"I mean, come here. Fetch us!"

"Days ago, Eunbi unnie asked to fetched her. And tonight you ask me too. What am i now? Uber driver?" Chaewon's ramblings can be hear through Yuri's phone.

"Yes yes! You are uber driver." Yuri says making the other line grumbled. "Now, stop your grumbles and quick come here to fetch us. I'm ending the call now."

"Yah, Yuri! Did you seriously asked me to go out in this heavy rai--" Chaewon's word can not be completed because Yuri just end the call.

"She must be cursing me right now." Yuri giggles at the thought Chaewon curse her.
 

"Why din't you just end the call right away?" Minju ask.

"Just in case you wanna hear her voice more." Yuri smirk and turn into laughing when Minju rolling her eyes. "Ups, sorry sorry" she appologize when Chaeju whimpers in Minju's embrace because her laugh.

"Sshhhh" Minju pats her daughter's back softly.
 

"You know, we can just wait for the taxi instead asked her to fetch us." Minju sighed.

"Why? Should not you be happy that your love is the one going to fetch us?"

"I feel like... I can not face her right now."

"Why?"

Minju is confused whether she should tell Yuri about what happened yesterday. She kept silent until Yuri ask again.

"Hmm?"

"We... we argued yesterday."

"Wait..." Yuri is trying to process what Minju just said. "Chaeju was with you yesterday, right?"

Minju nodded.

"Are you trying to tell me that you guys argued in front of your child???" Yuri widened her eyes.

Minju nodded again.
 

"Never know you guys can be this stupid." Yuri sighed.

"Oh, Yul. You don't need to rub it in my face." Minju groaning softly. "I know it's wrong."

Yuri lean on her back, glancing at Minju who did the same. "What was you guys arguing about?"

"Suddenly she acted strangely. She didnt want me to bring Chaeju to the meeting. Whats her problem anyway?"

"Well, she told us that she didnt want Chaeju to meet stranger. Just by thinking about that gave her headache already."

"She told you all?" Minju ask.

Yuri nod. "We kinda hang out yesterday. Probably after both of you argued. No wonder she rejected when we want to invited you there." She come to realisation.

"Why?"

"Maybe the same reason as you? Can not face each other? I dont know." Yuri shrugged.
"You know, we were all thought that she's jealous. We kept teasing her about that eventhough she never admit."

"Why would she be jealous, Yul?" Minju frowning.

"Oh Minju.... You going to have meeting with your ex."

"And?"

"What and?"

"She should know whos always in my heart."

"How should she know when you're the one asked for divorce?" Yuri almost lost her patience at this point. This Q&A with Minju making her stressed.

Minju can not answer that question. Yuri made a point there.

Sensing that Minju's voice didn't came out, Yuri reach out to take Minju's hand and give it rubs. "Maybe both of you need to talk it out." She suggested.

*
 

"Look! Your lover is here~" Yuri teasing Minju while pointing outside with her  chin.

Minju rolling her eyes at Yuri's gesture. She looks outside and see Chaewon walking toward the cafe with not-so-big umbrella.

"Oh my God, look at your smile~" Yuri teasing her again with big grin plastered on her face.

"Shut up!" Minju glaring at her but it's making Yuri's grin become wider.

Chaewon entering the cafe and looking for them. She spot them when Yuri wave her hand. She walks toward their table.

"What took you so long?" Yuri ask.

"Shut up. Please be thankful i still come here instead of continue to sleeping."

"Wah, both of you really asked to shut up in the same night. Truly couple behavior." Yuri claps her hand dramatically.

Minju shook her head at her friend who for the nth times tonight.

Chaewon roll her eyes. "You can go home alone."

"Just say it that you only want Minju and Chaeju in your car! Geez..."

"If you keep this teasing game thingy, then you really will go home alone tonight."

Yuri showing her peace sign at Chaewon. "Okay. Let's go home!" She stood up and walk first, leaving the ex-lovers behind.

Minju stood up with Chaeju clinging onto her. Looking at her, Chaewon decide to help her a bit by bringing all her belonging. Minju look at her, want to say something. But Chaewon beat it by gesturing her to walk first.

Small frown plastered on Yuri's face when she glance behind to look at the ex-lovers' interaction. "Hmm awkward."

Once Chaewon hold the umbrella and open it, Yuri immediately stood next to her and walked together towards the car.

"I want to sit in the back seat." Yuri opened the door and sit comfortably there.

"What are you trying to do here?" Chaewon ask while putting Minju's stuffs beside Yuri.

Yuri showing her most innocent smile to Chaewon. "Nothing~" Getting Chaewon to look at her suspiciously. Not believe in her words.

Chaewon walking back to the cafe. She approaching Minju then gesturing her to walk first with her holding the umbrella. She opened the car door for Minju and keep the umbrella above until her sitting comfortably inside with Chaeju in her lap. All of that happened without them excanging words.

Yuri, in the backseat, saw all of that moment and then sighed. "This going to be an awkward ride."

**

Just like what she expected. Awkward. None of them make a sound. Only the sound of their breathing that can be hear inside the car.

This can be a comfortable silent if two people in font of her are in good term. But she knows, their fight yesterday making they are not.

"Can you drop me first unnie?" She decided to make a sound.

"But your house practically closer to mine?"

"Yeah, and what about it?"

"You want me to turn back and send them after that?" She ask while glancing at Minju.

"Duh, they can sleep in your house. Your parents going to be happy seeing their grandchild there~"

"What??"

"Huh?"

Chaewon and Minju respond to Yuri's answer.

"What are your plan actually?" Chaewon ask curious.

"What plan are you talking about?" Yuri acting innocent making Chaewon roll her eyes.

"Do you really want me to drop you first? I can stop the car and drop you here." Chaewon glance through the mirror and giving Yuri a look.

"No no!"

"You can call Yena to pick you up though."

"She's sleep. Her brother told me."

"Oh that's why you decided to called me instead huh? All of this because that duck." Chaewon nods.

"He he he." Yuri smile innocently.

"Hmmm, that duck..." Chaewon planning something inside her head. Yuri seems know about this.

"Unnie... I have a good offer for you!" Yuri says excitedly.

"What?" Chaewon ask uniterested because she know Yuri must be planning something.

"You can do whatever you want to Yena, but send me first~"

"Even i want to beat the hell out of her?"

Yuri nods excitedly. "Yes yes yes!!!" She doesn't mind sacrifice her girlfriend.

"Hmmm sounds good." Chaewon rubs her chin as if thinking about that offer.

"Soo?????"

"Deal!"

"Okay!"

Minju looking at them with confused face. She doesn't how to react to their stupid deal.

Yuri screaming internally. Hoping this can fix their relationship. She can not stop her smile making Chaewon sure that she has something in her mind.

*

The car stopped right in front of Yuri's house. Chaewon take the umbrella and waiting for Yuri to bid goodbye with Minju. They walk together to the house.

"Someone jealous huh~" Yuri says it with teasing tone while looking at Chaewon with smirk in her face.

"Get out" Chaewon pushed Yuri to the side, out of umbrella.

"Yah!" Yuri stumble a little at the sudden attack. She almost lost her ballance. Chaewon laughing at the sight. Yuri curse her and push her shoulder lightly.

"That duck told you, didn't she?" Yuri nodded at the question. "Those idiots..." Chaewon cursed her friends under her breath.

They are now in front of Yuri's main door. "You know unnie, i hope you can use this chance to talk it out with her." Yuri says wisely.

"There is nothing to talk about." Chaewon trying to get away with this conversation.

"You being jealous is something fun to talk about though..." Yuri saying it casually in front of Chaewon not minding the glares from the later. "Don't you think so?"

"No ofcourse." Chaewon says flatly.

"Seriously, unnie..."

"Hmm?"

"I'm talking like this as Minju's friend, and your friend if you consider it," Yuri grins.

"...i don't know about what happened inside your relationship. I just know that both of you are each other happines. You guys are made for each other. So, why don't you try to break all the walls that you build and talk it out with her. What's wrong? What's the solution? What's gonna happen next? Or whatever i dont know, you think it yourself."

Chaewon fell silent hearing Yuri's words. She tried to digest every word Yuri said. Maybe she has a point.

"Should i try it?" Chaewon mumbled, but Yuri heard it.

"Yes, unnie. Before it's too late. Before she start to love someone else."

"So... She is still in love with me?" Chaewon asked unsure.

Yuri nods. "Yes, just like you still very much in love with her.

"Ho--- how?"

"I'm not - i mean WE are not stupid. We can see it through your acts you know..."

"Sometimes you talk like you are older than me eventhought  you are a baby for me" Chaewon ruffles Yuri's hair and laugh softly.

"Ughhh!" Yuri move Chaewon's hand away and glancing toward Minju who wait inside the car. She can see frown on Minju's face. "Someone got jealous~"

Chaewon glaring at her, thinking that Yuri is teasing her again.

"Not you, unnie. But your other half." Yuri pointing at Minju with her eyes try to not make it obvious.

"But... why?"

"Duh!" Yuri rolled her eyes. "She's still love you! Didn't i told you?"

"Hmmm"

"So, you better use this chance to talk with her. I'm waiting for good news okay?"

"I don't know..."

"Unnieeee" Yuri whined.

"I can not promise you, but i will try. Okay?" Chaewon pats Yuri's head

Yuri nods. "Okay. So now you better go to your lover before she kill me in her though." Yuri push Chaewon to go back to the car.

"Okay okay!" Chaewon wave at her.

"Drive safely, unnie. And fighting!"

Chaewon answer her with an okay sign.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*

Hi Guys, should Chaewon talk about it with Minju? Should 2kim interact? *smirk*