Chapter 4

What are we?

Happy #1ColorfulYearWithIZONE. Enjoy the update, guys!

 

 

 

CHAPTER 4

 

 

 

*Chaewon's pov*

I was working on something when there's a video call coming. I look at my phone and the name is showing on the screen.

My wife

I never deleted or change her contact name even after the divorce. I lied to Wonyoung when I said that I didn't keep Minju's number

 

How can I not keep her number, when my heart always keep everything about her?

 

I pressed the green button, received the call, and then my daughter's face appeared.

 

Right.

 

Of course my daughter the one who want to see me. What else should I expect?

 

"Mommyyyyy" she calls me.

 

"Yes, sweety?" I chuckle when she come closer to the phone and the screen is full of her cute face.

 

"You at wowk?"

 

"Yes."

 

"Want to see you, Mommy~" she pouted.

 

"Where you at?" I ask her.

 

"Mama's office. Look!" And she directed the phone around, as if to show me where she is now.

 

"Baby, be careful." That soft voice was heard along with the shaking video on the screen. "What if Mama's phone falls down?" It looks like Minju's phone almost fell down because Chaeju was spinning it.

 

"Hehe, sowwy Mama~" Our daughter giggled innocently.

 

And now, Minju is the one who holding the phone. The video showing her pretty face with Chaeju sitting in her lap.

 

"It's okay, baby." She kisses Chaeju's head.

 

I look at them with small smile plastered on my face.

 

"Mommy" Chaeju calls me but Minju at the back distract me when she flipped her hair. She looks so gorgeous.

 

"Mommyyyyy~" Chaeju whined.

 

"Yes, baby. Why?"

 

"I sed i want to see yu!" She grumbled and crossed her arms because she thought I forgot what she said.

 

"I'm sorry, baby. I was distracted." I chuckle. Minju raised her eyebrow at my words.

 

"I want to see yu now, Mommy!"

 

"I still have some works to do, Baby. I can't go out now."

 

She frowned.

 

"What about lunch time? We can have lunch together." I offered.

 

"Mama, lunch can we?" She turned around and looked at her Mama. Minju nodded and smile at her.

 

"Do you want me to fetch you?" I ask directly at Minju.

 

She shook her head. "No. I will be using my car."

 

Aww, and here i thougt i can fetch them and we will look like a happy little family like we used to be.

 

"Oke, then. See you at lunch." I smiled and waved at my baby.

 

Wich baby?

 

Guess who.

 

 

*****

 

 

 

*Author's pov*

Chaewon enters the restaurant where she and Minju used to visit. "Why would she chose this place though?" She mumbles.

 

She looks all over the place, looking for where her ex-wife and daughter are sitting. And she found them in the corner. Also, where she and Minju used to sit.

 

"The Lord is testing me." She sigh.

 

She walked towards them. Suddenly her heart beat faster in every step. This is their first lunch together after their divorce.

 

They seems too focused on Minju's phone. Probably, watching Chaeju's favorite video. 

 

"Ehem!" She fake cough to gain their attention. Both of them look up.

 

"Mommy!" as expected, the one whose excited is the daughter.

 

"Ofcourse." Chaewon's thought. She give her daughter a smile and wave at her. "Halo, baby girl."

 

"Mommy, carry me~" the toddler pout.

 

"Okay." She carry the toddler and then sit in front of her ex-wife. "Have you ordered?" She ask her.

 

"Uhuh." Minju nods. "I also ordered for you."

 

"Do you know what i want to eat?"

 

"Hm."

 

"What if i dont want to eat it now?"

 

"You always still eat everything i ordered even you didn't like it though." Minju answer in a matter of fact.

 

Just then the waitress came to bring their order.

 

Looking at their ordered food, Chaewon was surprised to know there was her favorite food there. "Oh- you remembered?"

 

Minju roll her eyes.

 

Chaewon chuckles, making Minju annoyed.

 

"Thank you." Chaewon says and smile at the waitress making Minju more annoyed.

 

"Can you stop?" Minju suddenly blurted out.

 

"What?" Chaewon confused.

 

"Can you stop pissing me off?"

 

"But, i -- i just chuckled?" Chaewon ask confused at what make Minju pissed off.

 

"You're not just chuckled. You freaking smiled at the waitress!" Minju screaming inside her heart. 

"Whatever." Is what coming from . Not wanting Chaewon to think that she's jealous.

 

"Can we eat dis now?" Chaeju ask. She looks at her Moms.

 

"Oke oke. Let's eat, baby!" Chaewon clap her hands and followed by her daughter.

 

"Les iiitttt!!!" She says excitedly while jump slowly in Chaewon's lap.

 

They eat not-so-quietly because sometimes the parents would chuckles at their daughter's babbles and antics. And sometimes the parents would taking turn to feed the toddler who is happily being feed.

 

When they eat cake as dessert, Minju looks busy looking at her phone. She did not touch the cake.

 

Chaeju who still sit in Chaewon's lap, looking at the cake and ask her, "Mama, can i have the cake?"

 

Minju look up from her phone. "Yes, baby. What did you say?"

 

Chaeju frowns and pouting because her mama didn't heard her. Minju smile apologetically at her daughter.

 

"She wants your cake." Chaewon answered for her.

 

Minju then immediately gave the cake to her child. She placed it right in front of her. "Here. Ofcourse you can have the cake. I'm sorry, okay?" She patted her cheek lightly. Chaeju nods and smile happily looking at the cake.

 

Minju back to her seat and keep busy with her phone.

 

Chaewon frowns at this. She was hoped that they can have fun or bonding time and a little chit chat. Not that what happened before was not fun, but she hoped more.

 

Minju leaned into the chair and sighed. And Chaewon heard it.

 

She take a glance at her daughter who is busy eating by herself. She take this opportunity to start conversation with her ex-wife.

 

"You look busy."

 

Minju look at Chaewon to make sure that she was talking to her. And she was sure when her eyes met those beautiful eyes that always gave her the same gaze as it used to be.

 

Minju hummed. "I have meeting after this."

 

"Do you want me to take our daughter with me?" Chaewon offered.

 

"No need. I will bring her to the meeting place with me."

 

"What company are you meeting with?"

 

"Minhyun's company."

 

 

 

 

Silence

 

 

 

Minju looks at Chaewon. She want to know what her reaction. But she failed, because Chaewon face showing expression that she will never understand.

 

"No. I don't allow it. I will take her with me." Chaewon say it without expression on her face. "Why would you bring her to the meeting anyway?"

 

"And why didn't you let me bring her with me?" Minju ask her back.

 

"Because i'm her mom!" Chaewon raised her voice. "I have the right to not allow my child to meet someone she doesn't even know."

 

"I'm also her mom!" Minju raised her voice too. "I also have the right to take her wherever i want!."

 

Chaeju who doesn't know that her parents are quarreling, can only look at her parents back and forth and then continue eating again.

 

The atmosphere became tense because of their little argument. Chaewon tried to calm down because she realized, this argument was useless.

 

"Okay..." She try to sound as calm as possible although there's still a bit of anger in her. "Really, why would you bring her to the meeting? Aren't you afraid that you won't focus on the meeting later?"

 

"It's none of your business." Minju asnwer coldly.

 

That's it. Chaewon felt her pride was tarnished. Her anger that had almost disappeared, is now burning again. She close her eyes and shut to suppress her anger.

 

Minju looks at her. She began to feel guilty. But she also has pride that must be fed. So, she just let it.

 

"Right." Chaewon's voice trembled. She looks at Minju straight in her eyes. "It really is none of my business. Do whatever you want then. I'm out." She decided to leave before her anger exploded and making it worse.

 

She then placed Chaeju on her own chair. Not forget to give her kisses all over her face. She smile sweetly at her. "See you next time, baby girl."

 

She stood and prepared to leave. "I'll pay, so you don't need to do it later." Then she smiled again at her daughter and left the place without spare a glance at Minju at all.

 

"Mama, where Mommy going?" Her daughter asked innocently.

 

Minju smile forcefully at her. "She going work again, baby." The daughter nods and continue her eating.

 

Minju sees Chaewon leave quietly after paid at the chasier. She saw how Chaewon stepped outside and exhaled heavily. She feels more guilty.

 

"Did I make a mistake again?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

​​​​​