Hand In Hand

If You Were Gay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Boredly looking over emails in her inbox, Bomi was in her office waiting for an upcoming meeting. Shoes had been kicked off with knees to her chest, right hand loosely on the computer mouse, clicking and scrolling idly. There were emails to respond to and offers to consider, but Bomi wasn't in the mood for this admin work right now.

"I don't want to do anything~ I just want to use all my money on dating~" she whined, leaning back in her desk chair and spinning around. "I wish I could be with Rong unnie 24/7~"

Her spinning came to a stop.

"Mm, but if I say that, she..."

Bomi smiled to herself, rocking a little in thought of Chorong. 

"She might freak out."

The panicky Chorong. 

"Or she might scold me for not focusing on my work and distracting her from hers."

The principled Chorong. 

"I can read you, my girlfriend," she giggled, recalling that image of Chorong on top of her; the woman's cheeks flushed and eyes dilated, panting with a hunger burning inside. 

Bomi was shaking her head, unable to peel the smile off her face. 

It's been a while since she's felt like this with someone, feeling this good about someone. All giddy and excited with a warmth in her chest, a flutter in her step. She could no longer imagine anything else other than the fact Chorong came out to her, confessed to her, with feelings stronger than Bomi could've imagined.

That Chorong would come find her.. really just confessing she loves her... Hm hm~

Bomi was unbelievably happy.

It was lovely to be loved.. She wanted to return the favour and step it up as Chorong's first love, just as Chorong had stepped up from her comfort zone to hold onto her. 

It was so warm to think about, that Chorong would feel at ease with her. This shy woman that opened up to her so directly, looking nervous and relieved.. and beautiful.. 

Chorong was full of surprises and beautiful contradictions to first impressions. Timid and brave. Fragile and strong. Soft and quiet, sharp and forward. Bomi thought she was every bit as interesting to get to know, in the same way Chorong found Bomi to be so interesting. 

That was another thing about Chorong that Bomi was determined to love.. To show the woman that there's so much to adore about her; that it's possible for someone to fall in love with her. 

Possible for Bomi. 

It's true there's a sort of pressure in teaching Chorong, experiencing what it's like being with a woman... dating someone you love... But while Chorong was fretting about her own inexperience, Bomi thinks it's just adorable.. Adorable that her girlfriend would think so much over everything they do. 

That leap of progress they made together from the few times they met, going from denial to confession... A snap decision might have meant they would never see each other again. The first spark of strangers in this huge world.. and now they were new lovers. 

It's fast but it feels so right. 

Time seems to fly, and yet the hours of every day can feel so long at the same time. It just feels like a lot has happened between them and they've yet to even have a date. Like, an outside date. 

The couple would only have the evening together tonight, but Bomi was determined to make a simple evening date work. It was all she could think about since she last saw Chorong yesterday. 

She just really couldn't wait to kiss her again- I mean, see her again. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"BOMI UNNIE!" 

The sudden shadow and loud knock on her window scared the music producer out of her wits. 

HABAJEEZUS!!

Bomi clutched her chest in shock, rolling the window down of her car to meet the girl's cheeky smile. "Yah Hayoung-ah! You scared me." 

"Fancy meeting you here, unnie. What are you doing? Have you eaten?" Hayoung inquired. 

"I'm about to go eat actually," Bomi answered truthfully. "With a friend," she then added quickly, watching the strategy of Hayoung's eyebrows. 

"Ah, then I shouldn't disturb you from your plans," Hayoung nodded in understanding. "I'll see you tomorrow then, unnie! I'll text you the details to remind you, okay?" 

The college student left after that and Bomi slid down in her seat in relief, almost getting caught for her real reason for being here; to pick up Chorong. She wasn't parked very far from her girlfriend's workplace, which was sandwiched in between a bunch of other stores and cafes and restaurants. Thank goodness for that. Bumping into Hayoung with Chorong would've ruined Bomi's whole upcoming picnic surprise.

And this was all because Bomi couldn't control how much she wanted to see Chorong... 

Oh? Yes, that's right. Bomi has the next day secretly planned as well! A surprise for the reuniting roommates for when she shows up as scheduled. It's supposed to be a surprise date for Chorong... but what everyone doesn't know is that they were in for a surprise that turns the tables. 

When she was sure Hayoung was gone, Bomi exited her car and made her way to the bookstore. 

A fresh fragrance hit her nose as soon as she entered. The temperature was cooler inside to maintain the pristine condition of the books. The place was cute, tidy and clean, just like her girlfriend, with brand new books laid out neatly everywhere, organised under several categories; some in stacks on tables for display, and others that completely lined the shelves. 

Upon her entrance, a tall and friendly-faced employee came up to her with an apologetic smile.

"Hi there! Just letting you know we're about to close up right now." 

"Oh, yes, uh, I'm waiting for someone," Bomi explained. 

"Ooh- Might it be... Chorong unnie?" 

Bomi perked up and happened to look at the employee's nametag as she formed a response. "Yes, actually."

The employee named Yookyung immediately flittered away to the back with a soft voice. 

Bomi made out something along the lines of, "Unnie, there's a pretty girl here for you~" 

There was some loud bustling and laughing and angry shouting before Chorong darted out with pink in her cheeks and braked at Bomi's appearance, who innocently waved at her with a smile. 

"Th-Thanks Yookyung-ah. I'll be going first," Chorong said feeling embarrassed and bowed too much to her employee to be considered normal. She quickly joined Bomi at the front of the store, grabbing her arm and leading them out. They hurriedly headed to Bomi's car. 

"You came earlier than you said you would," Chorong huffed, plopping into the passenger seat and holding her pink cheeks to cool them off. 

"Did I?" Bomi sat in the driver's seat, tilting her head at Chorong as she closed the car door. "I distinctly remember you saying you like punctuality."

"I do."

Bomi grinned cheekily. "Oh? But I didn't say my vows yet."

"Wha- Yah! Don't change the subject like that!" Chorong said flustered, cheeks reddening again under the warm interior light. "Fine, I'll admit, I was distracted from the time which is just so unlike me-"

"Like how you're distracted right now?"

"Huh?"

Bomi just chuckled, leaning over Chorong's side to grab the dangling seatbelt and pulling it across. All her focus was taken on putting the seatbelt on with a click. 

"You need to stay safe, unnie," she said as she finally looked up. 

Oh, how terribly cliché this was.. but Chorong was realising there was a reason these little things work. She didn't make a sound. Her heart was beating fast with Bomi's face so close to her. Beautiful...

It was at that moment, the interior lighting of the car automatically switched off and they shared a kiss in the dark where no one could see them.

Breaths tickled each other's lips, gently pulling back with the lightest of brushes electrifying their senses.

The mood had changed so fast.. Chorong was stunned, eyes opening with difficulty to meet Bomi's loving gaze. If it wasn't already heart-fluttering, the woman's warm voice just made her melt in her seat.

"I've been wanting to do that all day."

 

 

 

 

 

 

After going out for dinner together that Chorong paid for, with the promise that Bomi would pay for the next one, and then Chorong would pay the next, then Bomi- okay, you get it. They were just giddy with the promises of future dates. 

Anyway, the couple were back in the car with the plan to go to Bomi's hotel again. At least, that's what Chorong thought. 

"Where are we?" the older woman asked when Bomi parked the car and hopped out before an answer could be given. 

Bomi jumped over almost hyperactively to hold the door for Chorong as she was getting out, making sure the door didn't bump into the neighbouring vehicle. She grinned, "We're taking a scenic route. Come on." 

She held a hand out that Chorong instantly accepted, the older woman using the chance to lace their fingers together first, and Bomi skipped in happiness as they walked away from her car.

With tall lamp posts lighting their way like moonlight, the abundance of trees shielding their surroundings and making the air refreshing to breathe in, they wandered down the pathway of this nature trail that Bomi brought them to; taking a nice stroll in the cooler evening after feeling full of a good meal. 

Was this what people meant by enjoying long walks on the beach? It was almost a joke that Chorong could never understand, but only with Bomi did she feel she could relate now. Chorong was learning more and more about herself every day, about romance, and about what makes love so lovely. Walking with Bomi was like prolonging the time, making the clock slow down until it stopped ticking. Not having th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter