What Do Lovers Do

If You Were Gay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Ughhh. That groggy feeling of waking up earlier than your body should, and yet, how ironic is it that your body is the one that woke you up? It's like, come on, body clock! Make up your damn mind and wake me up or let me sleep!

Chorong's internal monologue was grumbling, going in and out of slumber. It was all because she was in an unfamiliar place rather than her own bed, and she knew why. It's not like she could forget overnight; she could recall what happened yesterday. Yeah, yesterday was just too big not to remember. It's still strange to think that Bomi is beside her though. It's still strange to think... Oh my God, they're girlfriends. Holy , Bomi accepted her confession and likes her too-

Okay, wait, I take it back. The reality of everything again was flooding her mind, realising that everything really and truly happened. Like it all actually happened. She ing rushed to the airport like whaaa-?? Who is she?

"I'm gay," she murmured to herself, almost in wonder; the words still feeling a little strange in , but she felt it was getting easier to say. It also brought a repeat of that coming out performance she gave the previous day in her head. Whoa...

"Hi Gay, I'm Bomi."

Oh no she did not. 

"Uwaaah!!" Chorong almost yeeted herself off the bed. Instead she was caught by the covers and tumbled into her own hair, hiding from the lioness by her side who was cackling at her own joke, her voice all extra husky in the morning. It made goosebumps shiver over Chorong's cheeks and she hid herself even more.

"Yah~" the older woman muffled in complaint. "Since when were you awake?"

"Not long! Just since you were grumbling and tossing around."

Bomi preyed onto her waist, giving her a morning backhug that made her stomach muscles all tense. The woman snuggled up against her with a contented sigh, returning the affection of being held in her sleep. Huk! Please! Save Chorong!

"I thought you were a morning person," the younger woman murmured behind her. She sounded like she was smiling. Then again, who wouldn't be smiling with their shy new girlfriend being so easily jumpy? Curled up and covering her face in terror, but the skin of her neck was betraying her blushing... 

Oh my God, Chorong was unprepared for her heart to be beating this much in the morning. She squeaked out a response, trying to will her stomach to stop tying up in knots where Bomi's arms were just resting on her. It felt so warm. 

"I- I am. Usually." 

Usually a morning person. She hadn't had a good sleep in ages, and yet, the night went by so quick once she closed her eyes. It had been a while since she last fell asleep so quickly and comfortably... Normally she has trouble just falling asleep. 

"When do you have to be at work?" Bomi's voice caressed her ears again. 

"Nine," Chorong found herself grumbling. "I get up at six."

"Well, it's seven now. Is that good with you?" Bomi asked, withdrawing the hug and sitting up in a yawn.

Despite her internal screaming and cursing, Chorong instantly started to miss the warm contact she was beginning to settle into... Damn, she had to go to work, ruining her morning time with her g-g-girlfriend. Gosh, she can't even get used to thinking it, how is she going to get used to saying it?

Especially when her girlfriend is Yoon-freaking-Sparkling-Bomi.

The music producer had her own flexible schedule and late working hours but here she was getting up with Chorong, waking up early for once and lending fresh clothes again for Chorong to go to work in. Girlfriends who share clothes...

Bomi felt herself go wobbly when she caught sight of Chorong exiting the bathroom in her clothes, long white shirt tucked into those perfectly-fitting pants. Oof, how hot Chorong manages to look in her clothes-

She cleared , "You look good in them." 

It was close to Chorong's formal rich-lesbian style, while still finding that casual character from Bomi. All the older woman needed was like a cup of coffee in one hand and a purse in the other, and she'd be looking like a laidback kinda boss. Or a celebrity.

Alright, Chorong was sticking with it. She was heading to work. 

"Unnie! You forgot something," Bomi sounded from the bathroom before stepping out. The younger woman was in the middle of applying her own makeup when Chorong was about to take her leave.

The bookstore owner stopped in her tracks with one glance at her. She wondered how Bomi could somehow still manage to look effortlessly cool, even with just base makeup and eye makeup done, and slightly messy dark hair. All that seemed to be left were her lips... Chorong snapped out of it and looked into her eyes. 

"Hm, what?"

What could she have forgotten? Chorong double-checked that she had everything set; her own makeup items were carefully organised in pouches in her handbag. She would rarely forget a thing, but lately she had been kind of clumsy, so maybe she did forget something. 

What did I forget?

"This," Bomi grinned, stepping closer to Chorong by the door. Wha-

Bomi gave her a smooch on the lips, enough for Chorong's insides to turn to jelly. Oho..ho.. 

And she started her day with a jumping heart. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

If Chorong thought she could be discreet with her new look, then she was very wrong. With everyone's everyday lives being the same-old same-old, anything as little as a fashion change could be worthy of attention. And Chorong forgot about that. Her employees, the bookstore staff, noticed it straight away. 

When Naeun ran by her in the morning, the clerk stopped mid-sentence of what she was saying and did a double take.

"Unnie, did you buy new clothes?"

Chorong was taken aback by her observation. 

"N-No? I just didn't have any clothes to wear so I had this in the back of my... closet." 

Chorong cleared at the unintended double meaning of the word 'closet'. 

"It doesn't seem like something from your closet," Naeun quipped as she set aside the new booklist. "In fact, it seems like something out of your closet. But it's a good look for you." 

All the double meanings went rushing through Chorong and with that new word she was getting used to being on the tip of her tongue- 

"I'm gay!" Chorong suddenly blurted. "I'm...gay."

"I know-" Naeun almost said, but she stopped herself. The new clothes, Chorong trying skinship with her- "Wait, did you just come out?"

Chorong nodded rapidly, feeling jittery.

"Unnie!" Naeun hugged her, this time without being self-conscious of the hug, because what mattered was Chorong just came out to her. Her reserved boss, her kind and caring unnie, who she's always suspected to be queer in some way, and she and Hayoung kind of have this unspoken rule where they team up in teasing her sometimes. 

Chorong felt a freeing sense of relief again. If it's always like this, then she'll be good. 

"I've only told you, and..."

"And Hayoung?"

Chorong shook her head vehemently. She slipped up by almost mentioning Bomi, ohh no. Is she ready for that? 

"Not Hayoung. Someone else.. you don't know.." the bookstore owner excused and hoped that would be the end of it.

Huh? Naeun was confused by her behaviour but she shrugged it. Yeah, it was probably some other friend she didn't know. 

After all, it's not like all of Naeun's friends knew her other friends anyway. How snobbish ㅋㅋ 

And as long as the older woman clarified first that Hayoung wasn't aware, Chorong had her full trust in Naeun not to tell anyone. Sometimes, it feels easier to confide in the people you have less history with, because it means they have less room to judge you from your past actions. Well, there's that and Hayoung pretty much outed her before she was ready so... 

Chorong sighed, knowing she'll have to forgive her roommate eventually.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The day continued as usual like any regular work day. Well, except for the fact that yesterday's events continued ticking in the back of Chorong's mind.

She came out, confessed, and they're going to start dating- No, they have started dating. They even talked for hours, sleeping in the same bed... 

I wonder what Bomi is doing right now.. Should I contact her? What if she's busy? Hm, I wonder if she ate already?

She was already looking forward to getting off work to see Bomi again. She knew she wanted to see Bomi again, but then she realised they hadn't made plans yet. And she was wearing Bomi's clothes, which meant she would have to go change and wash them. But wouldn't that mean going home first? Aww, but Chorong wanted to see her~

I wonder what she's like when I'm not around her? There's still so much I want to know.. The things I don't know... It's just dating, right? It's not like I haven't dated before, so why am I so nervous.. Yah! Why does dating feel like such a first for me at this age??

Chorong zoned out in worries as she thought about Bomi. This is her first time dating a woman; dating someone she genuinely likes, someone she's falling for, someone she's undeniably attracted to in every way. So then, this is her first time really dating, like dating-dating, where everything she does could be a cause for worry because she really wants Bomi to like her back just as much as she likes-loves her... 

Arhh why don't I know anything!

But at the same time, Bomi makes her feel so comfortable. Bomi goes out of her way to make Chorong feel comfortable when they're together, even if it means making herself look funny. And Chorong always finds herself relaxing around her. The younger woman just doesn't care about her own image sometimes, and Chorong falls for her all the same. 

When she's with her, Chorong quickly forgets about how perfect she should present herself to be, like how she always tried to act perfectly with her past boyfriends; makeup touched up nicely and not a hair out of place, thinking she'll attract the perfect guy. A cute one, a handsome one, a kind one, a gentle one-

Perfect, but... each time she was left with something that just wasn't there, until she gave up on dating altogether. The effort was just too tiring. 

Perfect... except that love wasn't there.

Love being something she never quite understood. Something idealised, romanticised. Why people did the things they do in love, going out of their way to be with the person they love, and demonstrating that love time and time again, from a grand romantic gesture to a small detail they remembered. Chorong had become indifferent.

But now, she was like that with Bomi; constantly thinking of her, worrying about what stage they're at, and what will happen next... 

It's the first time I feel so open and defenceless, so curious about one person, but... I'm so happy... I'm happier than I've ever been.

It's the first time. Is that bad? At this age, having her first love.. Bomi knows this would be her first time dating a woman and she even said she'll take care of her... 

Chorong's heart thumped loudly on her own. 

Bomi is way ahead of her and more experienced.. Argh! These worried feelings were eating her up alone. 

Maybe if Chorong had accepted herself and came out earlier, today they would be meeting each other in the middle. She would have more experience with her feelings in dating and she wouldn't be so anxious about this. About us. 

Everything would be so clear. I would know what to do, what to say.. Wow, it's crazy how much I really want this with her.. Dating her... I don't want to get anything wrong. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was around lunchtime when Chorong's phone beeped with an incoming text message. Hmm, from who I wonder?

Beep!

[ Yoon Bomi:  Unnie. Let's meet. ]

 

Whoa, so demanding, but for whatever reason she liked it, because maybe it meant Bomi likes her that much. Yoon Bomi might as well be sending her butterflies instead of texts. They were just with each other this morning but-

Beep!

[ Yoon Bomi:  I miss you ]

 

That message took the words right out of ; right out of her heart. They were just with each other this morning but Chorong felt the same way... She already missed Bomi. 

Chorong was blushing madly with a g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter