22. WangXian (Oneshot)

MDZS/The Untamed Fanfic Recommendations
Please log in to read the full chapter
Family by ULTIOcean

Summary: On the dawn of his birthday, Wei Wuxian is awoken by past memories, and still trapped within the clutches of sleep, searches for something no longer there, something he will never get back. His turmoil escalates without his consent, and he finds himself in a sorry state before he can do anything about it.

Just then, the door of the room opens up, and in comes Lan Wanji, who, upon seeing the sorrow etched on his husband's face, takes it upon himself to find out what's wrong, and put an end to it.

It takes time and patience, but thankfully, that is somethig he has in spades, and he is always willing to wait for Wei Ying.

By the time the sun rises and the day begins, he vows to himself that Wei Ying's smile that he so loves is going to be back in place. He won't let him drown in despair, and lest of all in such a special day.

The day the world - and Lan Wanji- was blessed with his birth.

Link: https://archiveofourown.org/works/16569656

Note: This story is so touching. The emotional content,of this fic is very high. Even the ever confident Wei Wuxian can be insecured and down but then he has his supportive and loving husband, Lan Wangji. A wonderful oneshot which I think everyone should read.

Please log in to read the full chapter