VIII. Sparks Fly

Chasing the Thief

It has been three days since she last saw Krystal and even contacted her. Amber was really anxious during the first two of it, thinking that she may have offended the young doctor when she went along with Sulli and left her behind. Upon knowing that Krystal has gone to a medical mission in a far flung area somewhere in the souther region, she felt somehow relieved. But she cannot still shake away the image of an offended Krystal out of her head, especially that she didn't even texted Amber that she'll be gone for a few days. Well, they're not together. So who was she to feel irritated if Krystal wouldn't inform her of her whereabouts. 

"Krystal is back Amber, I just saw her in the cafeteria just now." Luna informed her. Yes, her friend knew of their little confrontation. She was also the one who made Amber realized that she may have hurt the young doctor's feelings by coming along with Sulli. Which she immediately dismissed, stating that it's impossible because Krystal doesn't like her that way. It's only a one sided love. But there's always a nagging feeling on the back of her head that maybe the latter felt something for her. Because who wouldn't when Krystal kissed her back with the same eagerness back then? But then another voice will soon interrupt her train of thoughts telling her that the latter has only played along with her. That it was just an act, devoid of any feelings. 

Yeah, she's really an overthinker. Just how long will she have these thoughts? A confession will surely end all of these. However, the fear of being rejected seems too hard to overlook. 

"Let's go to the cafeteria Lun. I want to see her." 

Upon seeing Amber's pleading eyes, she nodded although she just ate. 

Putting their bowls on the table, Amber glanced sideways and was met with Krystal talking to some of her colleagues. Amber just opt to walk over after their talk. 

God. How I missed that face. 

To make up for the days she didn't take a hold of the goddess' beauty, she stared at her for almost a minute and will probably do more of it when Luna nudged her. 

"She'll melt away Am. And please stop that, some of the doctors were giving you weird stares. " her friend reprimanded. That's where she took notice of her surroundings. Truly, the male doctor Krystal was previously talking to was looking at her like he has some problem with her. He even grimaced after seeing her work uniform, which made her roll her eyes internally. That was a clear display of workplace discrimination there and Amber hated it when someone act all mighty just because he/she felt like superior to others. She cannot wait to have that smirk on her face upon him knowing that Krystal was acquainted with her. 

Although she doesn't want to, Amber regarded to Luna's request, now fixing her attention to her food. But she still cannot help but to steal a glance towards Krystal's direction. Her jealousy side showing everytime the latter will talk to her male workmates, especially to that male in front of her. 

Not able to suppress her eagerness to finally talk with the girl. 

Hey love, can we talk? I'll  wait for you outside the cafeteria. she texted. 

Amber saw Krystal take a look at her phone, her brows scrunching while reading and soon look around the area. Spotting the boyish girl, she immediately stood up, bidding goodbyes to her collegues and stormed out the door. Not even sparing Amber a glance before walking out of her sight. 

Well, Amber's not that dense to not see Krystal's glare, when she was openly sporting it after reading her text. As much as she want to follow her,  she can't and she shouldn't. All her confidence went down the drain after seeing that the latter isn't fond of talking to her just now. She honestly can sense that she's the one who turned Krystal's mood upside down because Krystal was still okay when she still didn't know that Amber's around. 

Maybe Luna was right. She must have hurt Krystal that time. Was it wrong for her to assume things now? 

 

~~~~~

Krystal ignoring her, go on for another couple of days. She'll run abruptly around the corner when Amber comes her way. And when she will try to talk to her, the latter will always reasoned out that she's busy or she's tired. Amber knew that sometimes or maybe always, Krystal lied about it but she also knew that there's a hint of truth on it especially on the second reason. Because lately Amber can sense that she's too worked up with work. The bags under her eyes seems heavy. And seeing the less sophisticated her just proved her hunch. So she just let Krystal be, they will surely talk some other time. She'll make sure of it. 

 

~~~~~

Eight hours of work really drained the hell out of her. Adding to that was the toxic customers who sometimes yell at them when their service was a bit slow or when their change was wrong but they don't even say a single thing when Amber accidentally adds up to it a bit. Can she complain about that? Work was taking a toll on her, and it was probably the same for Krystal making both of them not having a time to talk things out. Maybe if Amber isn't too tired right now. She'll probably try to talk to the latter. Besides, another week has passed by with them still not contacting each other. It was already too much but tomorrow it is. 

She scoffed in annoyance when a heavy rain was what welcomed her on the hospital's entrance. Fishing her phone out to call for a taxi when a familiar built of a girl didn't escape her eyes. Even for a mile, she can recognize that back. Krystal was standing a few feet away from her.  Amber assumed that she is waiting for the rain to stop so she can go to her car that was parked in front of the hospital. Maybe fate is working its way for the confrontation to happen today. Will it be okay if the rain's pouring this heavy?

With cautious steps and a new found courage, Amber made her way towards the girl. 

"Krys, let's talk. " that statement clearly startled the hell out of Krystal but she still fixed her gaze towards the heavy rain and the wet surroundings upon noticing Amber on her side. 

"Not now Amber. I'm tired." that reason may seem cliche but truly she was tired for almost a day of never-ending duty. She can even feel her limbs aching. There's nothing in this world including a confrontation with the latter that she wants than to slump her almost lifeless body to her bed. 

"Look Krys, I'm sorry for leaving you behind to talk to my ex-girlfriend. I'm sorry if ever I offended you at that time. I reall---"

"Bold of you to think that I am angry at you because of that." she snapped. Krystal was being reminded on how fool was she to be looked at during that time. During that time when Amber seems not recognizing her disappointment when she left her with her patient, who was her ex, her friend and everything in between. She even gave her that endearment, only for it to fall on deaf ears. She's clearly not angry and hurt and jealous because of it. Jealous? Psh. Hell no. She's not jealous. She's not. Really she's not. 

"Okay..." she trailed off, clearly hurt with the girl's tone. 

"I'm sorry for whatever reason on why you are acting this way." gripping Krystal's shoulder lightly, she tried to make her look at her to show that she's really sincere. But the girl is truly stubborn, not even moving an inch. 

"Just stop saying things Amber." 

"Look Krys, I really don't know what made you like this but please let's talk it out." 

"Was there any problem?"

"Did I do something? "

Still, Krystal is not paying attention to her. She even crossed her hands on her chest. Acting all tough and her glare and stubborn expression showing with every question that Amber throws at her. 

"Was it because of Sulli? "

That made Krystal look at her finally, but the burning passion of anger that flashed through her eyes made Amber backed away for a bit. 

"Shut up." she stated angrily before walking in a fast manner away from her, wetting her clothes along the way. 

"Hey Krystal! It's raining for 's sake! What if you'll get sick?! " Amber called out while following the girl. The rain water seeping through her clothes also. The girl was surely trying her best to get away from her. Amber didn't knew that Krystal can storm away this fast. Amber huffed in annoyance at that. 

Finally having a grip on Krystal, she immediately spun her around. Her annnoyance was thrown away upon seeing Krystal's expression. Tiredness, frustration, anger and hurt were mixed altogether 

She secured Krystal by taking a hold of both her shoulders, afraid that she may ran away again.

"Look baby, I'm really sorry okay. It's my fault so please tell me what's wrong." she pleaded, looking directly at the latter's eyes. 

"I always love you too, Sulli." 

The nerve of her to call me baby after telling her ex that she always love her. 

That memory made Krystal shrug Amber's hands away from her angrily. 

"I said, just shut up Amber! " she finally bursts. All her pent up frustrations were resurfacing. And any time now, she's afraid that everything will be poured out. 

"Can't you understand that simple phrase?! Just where on the words 'shut up!' can't you understand huh?!" 

"Maybe if you will tell me what was wrong then I'll shut up! " Amber cannot also help for her tone and temper to rise up a bit. She's also tired of reading between the lines. She's tired of calculating Krystal's mood these past weeks. So if them blowing everything, will end all of these. Then so be it. Even if it requires for Amber to also confess her buried feelings. She's tired physically, mentally and emotionally. So, for her, it's better to get over it once and for all. 

"Maybe if you will just talk to me properly then I will shut the hell up!" 

"Maybe if you aren't that stubborn to walk away even if it's raining then maybe I'll shut u---"

"Do you really want to know what's the problem?! " her ramblings were cut off by Krystal while looking at her angrily. She even pointed her fingers on Amber's chest to reiterate her point.

"Do you really want to know why I'm acting like this?! " 

"Hell yes Krys! I'm tired of you acting this way without me knowing the reason for it so please... "

"It is you Amber! It's you! You are the problem! "

That completely shut her up. 

"How could you leave me behind just like that to talk to your ex-girlfriend?!" So, Luna was right. She's really angry because of that.  

"How could you disregard me just like that after seeing her?! " was this really true? I will never disregard her. If ever it was because I didn't reply to her, it was only because I was afraid to stutter in front of her and Sulli. 

"How can you say I love you to her when you're pinning on me?! "

"I'm really sorry Krys---wait, me? Saying I love you to her? " confusion was clear to her voice. 

"Do not even think of lying in front of my face Amber! I've heard you saying it. When she said I love you to you, you even---Mmmmph. " her ramblings was cut off when she felt Amber's lips on hers. Kissing her with the same intensity when they were both lying on her bed. 

Confirming that Krystal must be jealous to Sulli. Amber suddenly have the urge to shut her up. Maybe it's not her that should keep shut. Maybe it's Krystal. 

Amber poured all her sincerity towards the kiss and had hoped that it can be a way to wash away Krystal's worries and doubts about her feelings for her. She's willing to do anything just to prove that she only love her. 

At first, she can sense that Krystal was pushing her away a bit. But it was not strong enough to break Amber's determination. She nibbled on the girl's lower lip making Krystal lightly moan in the process, which made her smirk. With that, she eventually put her hands on Krystal's waist, urging her to kiss back. She didn't fail on it though. 

The young doctor was truly shocked by that move from Amber but she cannot deny that she have felt a strong surge of emotions when she felt Amber's lips on hers. Her anger slowly disappearing with every move of Amber's lips. Pushing her away was her first option, but maybe she was also liking what's happening when she didn't push her hard enough and even kissed her back when she felt Amber pulled her closer towards her. The warmth she felt because of Amber's body is slowly melting her cold body and heart. 

After a while of kissing under the rain, without even minding their surroundings or even worrying that some passerby may have witness their intimate make out session and their dumb confession. Amber broke the kiss, smiling as Krystal's breathless self was all she could see upon opening her eyes. The latter was truly glowing as the rain gently hits her face. Wet Krystal became her favorite at that instant. That may sound weird but it's up to others to decide if ever she meant another thing. 

"It is you that I love Krys... "she started, just in case it was still not clear to the latter that she only set her eyes on her. 

"What you heard was us just playing around, it became our habit to say cheesy things like that after talking seriously." Amber explained as she gaze at the latter lovingly. She even wipe away the invisible tears on Krystal cheeks. The action made the latter softly brush her cheeks on Amber's not so soft hands but it still felt really perfect. 

"I hope that you two will not talk seriously again." Krystal playfully replied while pouting. Seeing this cute side of Doctor Jung made Amber burst into laughter. 

"Even if we will, I will not say I love you to her ever again. Especially now that I have a very jealous girlfriend." 

"Who says that I am your girlfriend already? Have you courted me already? Did I already said yes? Did---" she shut her again with a kiss. 

"Why do I feel like you're purposely teasing me so that I will kiss you Krys? " that statement made Krystal to pinch Amber on the side. 

"In your dreams, Am."  

"But you are my dream Krys." Amber replied cheesily, pulling the latter towards her. Krystal just scoffed at that but she cannot help for the little smile to break out from her lips. 

They just hugged for a while under the rain. Them catching a cold was not on their heads as they continue to relish this precious moment. Even the bet was thrown away from Krystal's mind for some unknown reason. 

"You are my first crush Krys." Amber whispered on her ears, putting her chin on Krystal's shoulder.

"Stop lying hahaha, as much as I can remember you told the whole classroom that you are crushing on Kris." 

"Well, that wasn't technically a lie, he was really my first crush." Krystal smiled at the past tense that Amber used. 

"See?" 

"Fine... what I  mean was that you are my first true and real crush that's a girl." 

"Yeah yeah. You're really good at getting away from your lies." 

"I'm really not lying..." she broke their hug just to look straight into Krystal's eyes.

 "I cannot seem to forget about you after all these years Krys. Everytime we accidentally met again, it is like I am always drawn to you since the beginning and you are just claiming my heart whenever I catch a glimpse of you." 

"I was always wondering what was the reason. But when I laid eyes on you for the nth time. I have finally found the answer. Maybe the reason why I cannot forget about you after all this time is that you have opened a side of me that I never knew existed." 

"You made me realized that I am into girls. You became the avenue for me to become my true self and I am always thankful for you because of that." 

Sensing Amber's sincerity with those words, Krystal gently cupped her cheeks and this time, it was her who brought her lips into Amber's. 

 

"If we didn't stop maybe I will really get sick Amber" Krystal playfully stated after breaking the kiss. 

"It's good then." 

"Did you just wish for me to get sick?"

Amber smiled sheepishly at her while nodding. "Yes." 

"Wow. You're unbelievable. How can you wish for your girlfriend to get sick? " Gotcha. 

"So that I can take care of you... "

"girlfriend" she finished, clearly emphasizing that word while wiggling her eyebrows suggestively. Krystal playfully rolled her eyes at that. 

Seeing Amber's smirk, she suddenly gave her a peck on her lips. Leaving a dumbfounded Amber as she walked towards her car. 

Two can play this game. 

~~~~~~

Bonus: The next morning... 

"Good morning love *cough*." Krystal heard Amber greeted on the other line. She was on her way to the kitchen after feeling like was squeezed up, the very first moment she opened her eyes. She can also even feel that a fever is slowly crawling on her insides. Amber's tongue is surely powerful for her to wake up feeling all sick

"Good morning baby *cough*" 

"Wait. Are you sick? " Amber worriedly asked. 

"Yeah... " she tiredly replied while getting a glass of water to quench her aching throat. 

"Me too."  she suddenly spurt the water she's currently drinking at that statement. 

They soon broke into giggles upon realizing their situation. 

So now, who's going to take care of who? 

 

To be continued...

~~~~~

A/N: I didn't know if it turned out well. But I hope you all like it :)