VI. If This Was a Movie

Chasing the Thief

"It's too bland." Amber shook her head while looking at her reflection wearing a white shirt with blue jeans. 

She was currently trying on some clothes she will wear on her date with Krystal a few hours from now. Amber really want to look decent in front of the latter. Just by having a date with Krystal seems like a privilege that is why she's trying her best to at least make the latter feel better just by seeing her appearance. Another reason was that Amber wants to impress her. She may not be one who has a good fashion sense but atleast she can make herself look presentable. 

"It's kind of cocky." she immediately remove her jacket and a cap. This is a hopeless case. She thought. Adding to her misery was the weather today. 

A sigh of annoyance was let out as she watch the pouring of strong droplets of rain outside her window. Black clouds was what welcomed her this morning and she wasn't wrong that this date may be ruined because of it. 

She's planning to bring Krystal to an amusement park to let out some stress. After a two day preparation for this Saturday hang out, she has finally decided that this place was perfect for the latter. Amber wants for Krystal to be stress-free and to not think of anything. It's just going to be the two of them enjoying theirselves together. In fact, yesterday night, she was already imagining things they would do. Rides for the first half. Then they will have their brunch at 3 or 4 after screaming their hearts out after some extreme rides. After that, they will walk hand in hand (or maybe just walk) and try some games. Amber will then try her best to get the biggest teddy bear prize and give it to the latter after winning some challenging game. For the finale, they will ride a ferris wheel overlooking the view in Seoul where she will confess and they will kiss. Okay, the last part maybe followed by Krystal slapping her. So she tried her best to not screw that date with a kiss in the end. Although, a ferris wheel ride is the best spot for it. 

Well, that plan was ruined to begin with. She's sure that the rain isn't planning to stop any time soon. 

"Lun, I need your help. " Amber immediately uttered as soon as her friend answered her call. 

"What is it? Is this about your date? I knew you will screw up Amber."

She scoffed and soon cut Luna's unhelpful ramblings, "Can you please not? I'm not going to screw anything, okay?! I need you to bring a few things then come here at my apartment immediately. " Amber instructed. 

 

~~~~~

After seeing what they have set up. She started to worry if this kind of date will appeal to Krystal. With hasty hands, she grab her phone on her night stand, planning to send Krystal a quick text. There are still numerous things that needs to be done. 

Krys? Can we move the time to six in the evening? Something came up. I'll fetch you at six. 

I cannot wait to see you. She added upon the realization that her text was too plain for two people who are going to have their first date. 

One text message received

It's fine, Amber. I'll just drive there. I don't want to bring you any hassle. Besides, it's raining hard. 

She pouted a little at the girl's reply. Is there no I cannot wait to see you too? 

One text message received. 

I cannot wait to see you too. Impress me on our date. I'm going to expect a lot. 

Just kidding hahahaha

Amber chuckled first before typing a response. It feels like Krystal has read her mind on that. 

Were you also kidding with your 'I cannot wait to see you too'? If yes, that kinda hurt Krys. 

She cannot help a smile to break out on her face. After that car ride, they are much more comfortable with each other. It was also the start of their continuous texts about nonsense things. It's mostly Amber teasing the hell out of the latter and her being such a corn ball (as what Krystal labeled her) when asking for the latter's whereabouts. She even sometimes send text just to ask Krystal if she already ate or to simply give her greetings. 

Her phone chimed in as another text came by. 
A word 'Depends' was what only welcomed her upon opening her inbox. She lightly laughed at that. Here comes another episode of mind-buggling words from the latter. 

"Am! The pasta and steak were all finished! " she heard Luna shouted from the kitchen. That midget seems unreliable but when it comes to cooking she's really helpful. 

"Okay! I'm coming! "

As much as I want to continue talking with you, love. I still have something to do. See you tonight, beautiful. 

She replied and soon placed her phone on silent mode. Amber needs to focus especially now that Krystal is expecting something great. 

On the other hand. 

"What are you smiling about? " Victoria inquired curiously upon seeing Krystal smiling while using her phone. 

"Nothing. It's just Amber messing around." 
With her friend's reply, a smirk was immediately plastered on her face. 

"Seems like I will win. "

"Shut up. I can assure you that it's not going to happen." 

"I'll be out early. Bye. " Krystal added while hastily gathering her things. 

 

~~~~~

Amber smiled in relief upon seeing the perfect set up on her bed room. Just as she's busy sulking about the weather an idea popped up on her mind. Since they cannot do their date outdoor so might as well make it indoor. She then immediately called Luna to bring a projector. 

After coming up with the whole movie-date-night concept. Amber together with a reluctant Luna immediately rushed to the supermarket to buy food for their dinner and some snacks. For the dinner, she opt to just make pasta and beef steak. Fine, it's Luna who made all of it. When it comes to the topic of cooking, its better to just not talk anything. She really on it with only a few dishes she know how to prepare and most of it are fried. 

"Here, have a taste. " Bringing the fork in containing some beef, she smiled at Luna as a sign of gratitude for a well cooked meal. Even the pasta tasted great. 

"I owe you a lot Lun! These two tasted great! " 
Luna dismissed her supposed to be hug by dodging her. That made Amber to let out a laugh. Her friend really hates being extra affectionate with each other. 

"Just do well on your date. And I'll do well on mine. I gotta go!" 

 

~~~~~

She just finished wearing her clothes after taking another bath. Preparing everything exhausted her and have made her body smell like sweat. Amber chuckled lightly at her get up. She looks like a waiter on her suit and tie with matching slacks and a pair of well-polished black suit. She's planning to at least look formal on their dinner. 

Ding dong. Ding dong. 

Amber inhaled deeply while preparing herself for the goddess to come in. She really prayed hard for Krystal to like what she has planned for their night. 

This is it! We can do it self!  

Another series of her door bell ringing that made Amber to focus on what's coming. Afraid to make her date waiting, she abruptly rushed towards her door. With another intake of breath, she then slowly opened her door. 

turned agape upon seeing Krystal. She knew that the girl's really beautiful but upon witnessing her making efforts to get dolled up surely took Amber's breath away in an instant.

Krystal was clad in a white turtle neck top and a beige striped blazer on top of it. But it's her simple blue faded jeans that bring out her curves that blown her mind entirely. She immediately asked the Gods above on how can someone be perfect just by wearing simple clothes like this girl in front of her. 

After a while of defeaning silence with Amber just gawking at the goddess in front of her. A surge of heat has risen on both her cheeks when she took noticed that Krystal was also staring at her.

With much courage she tried to utter the words that were itching to be let out by upon taking a glance at the latter. There are no words to be better said than, "You look really beautiful tonight Krys." she timidly complimented.

"You are not bad yourself." Krystal responded, her eyes looking at her from head to toe. Amber sighed in relief when Krystal smiled after that. 

"I feel underdressed Amber. You should have told me." 

"N-no you look perfect actually for this date. This look is part of the plan. " 

"Shall we, my love? " Amber offered her right hand for Krystal to take, clearly imitating some prince charming while also bowing slightly. 

Krystal let out a little laugh due to Amber's antics and the latter cannot help but to also do the same. Well, for Krystal, she will gladly make fun of herself just to make her happy. 

"You might want to give me your hand, princess." Amber muttered because as much as she want to just hear Krystal's laugh, she cannot bear to be in this position for a long while. 

With that, the latter immediately took Amber's right hand, still giggling. 

"Oh I'm so---" the young doctor was going to apologize but her sentence stopped midway when Amber gently kissed the back of her palm while looking sincerely at her eyes. Krystal can see in those brown orbs how Amber adored her so much. Too bad that she can't imitate the same and that same eyes maybe soon filled with hurt and hatred because of her. Realizing that now's not the time for a certain drama, she immediately threw that thought at the back of her mind, trying to just focus on what's currently happening.

But undeniably, her eyes widened a little at the little action. However, upon seeing that it's not of a big deal to Amber, she tried to shook another bunch of thoughts and feelings away. 

Before entering, Amber halted her steps. She went behind the latter and soon Krystal found herself being blindfolded. She tried to ask what was happening but Amber just muttered that it's a secret and to just trust her. That is why, Krystal just followed Amber's orders as they entered what seem to be her unit. 

A hand was guiding her as she took slow but careful steps to where Amber is bringing her. 

"We're here. Sit down, love. Be careful. " Amber instructed while slowly making Krystal sit on one of her dining room's chairs. She cannot help but to feel shy and somehow giddy with the eanderment Amber chose to call her. It is during their second day of continuous texting when the latter proposed the idea of them calling each other some names. Krystal refused at first but soon gave up when the latter was really persistent about it. But she first made sure that she's not oblige to address the same also.  

"In a count of three. You can take it off, love. " 

"1..." she slowly brought her hands on what seem to be a handkerchief. 

"2..." Krystal tried to untie it. 

"And 3! " 

She squint at first trying to adjust her eye sight to the dimmed lights. What welcomed her was an amazingly decorated table. It was adorned by some rose petals placed on top of a simple yet elegant table cloth. In the center was a large white candle, which she assumed to be a scented one due to the fragrance that adorned the dining area. The utensils and other things were already neatly placed in front of her. 

"Do you like it? I'm sorry that I have changed the plan. It's raining for a whole day now and  I don't want to postpone this da---"

"I love it Amber. " She reassured the girl. This time she's the one who initatied to hold the hands of the latter which was placed on top of the table. Krystal even gave it a light squeeze to ease her nervousness. Amber sighed in relief at that. 

After putting everything in place including their meal, they soon ate in comfortable silence with some occasional conversations every now and then. 

"I'm planning to take the board exam again this year." Amber opened up after finishing her food. 
Krystal looked up to her upon remembering the scene at the rooftop. It slipped on her mind to encourage Amber to take it again. She's glad that she has found the courage. 

"That's good. I'll help you in reviewing when I have time." she suggested. This time it's a sincere offer. Not because she's still thinking about the deal, it is because she really want to help the latter. 

"I'm sure that I will pass it this time, if that's the case." 

"You better be because I'm really a strict review buddy Amber. " Krystal smugly uttered which made the latter to let out a fit of giggles. 

"You're finished?" Krystal nodded at that. 

Amber then stood up on her side and offered her hand again. Krystal gladly took it. 

"Let's go to my room." she nonchalantly uttered, unaware that those words have brought curiousity, fear and excitement all mixed together to Krystal. 
She tried to pull her hand back, only for Amber to tighten her grip on it. The latter even smile at her which made her more anxious "W-what do you m-mean by your room Amber? " she stuttered, trying to stop the other girl from pulling her entirely. 

"I'll just show you something. Wait. Are you thinking about something else?" Amber teasingly asked as she face the other girl. 

"Of course not! What are you talking about?!" Krystal tried to deny but the smirk on Amber's lips clearly displayed that she didn't bought her excuse. A blush slowly crept on her face due to her overthinking. She cannot believe that she just make a fool out of herself in front of Amber. It's always the latter and it should still be her. So, what was exactly happening to her these days? 

"But we can do what you're thinking if that's---aw! " Amber screamed in slight pain when Krystal pinch her side and even slapped her shoulders. Although it was done playfully it still sting a little. 

Krystal let out a pout at her teasings "I hate you!" she stated, giving Amber another slap on her shoulders. 

"Aigoo. I didn't know that Doc Jung can be this cute." Amber cooed while holding Krystal cheeks. 

Although slightly annoyed, she cannnot help her smile upon witnessing Amber's stupid face. 

"We'll JUST WATCH a movie in my room." 

Krystal huffed again in annoyance playfully when the latter emphasized the two words. She's clearly still teasing her. 

Amber intertwined their fingers as she dragged Krystal towards her room. The latter just let her. The sooner they are together, the better. The sooner she can get away from her and the sooner she will win the bet. 

The future is surely unpredictable just like what Victoria stated but it is clear as daylight to her that what was happening with Amber is just purely because of the deal. She may be sometimes fazed with the latter's actions but surely Krystal isn't feeling anything for her. She just want this deal to be finished so she can prove to Victoria that she can get something or someone at the palm of her hands. Their deal also excites her, at least her life isn't just going to revolve on her work. Krystal also missed the feeling of being superior to someone. For her, it's just having a little taste of what was once her life back then. The outgoing her. 

Snapping out of her thoughts, she soon found herself sitting on Amber's bed with the latter setting something up. She can see Amber opening her laptop and that's the time she also took noticed of the projector placed at the end of her bed. Krystal just curiously stared at her.

Connecting the dots, she waited excitedly for the latter to finished, even adjusting her position as she placed her back on the headboard while facing the white wall. Amber excused herself to the bathroom. Krystal was welcomed by an Amber wearing her pyjamas. A cute one to be exact. With some puppies as its design. She laughed a little at that and encourage Amber to start the movie. 

She's fond of watching movies to begin with, especially the romantic ones. Amber really get her mind on this date. Krystal was truly impressed. A simple yet a well-thought one. If she's a teacher and Amber's submitting this idea for an essay with a topic of a perfect date, she'll grade her an A plus. 

They chose 'Best of Me' to be played first upon much deliberation. It's mostly Krystal's choice stating that she has already seen the other movies that Amber downloaded a while ago. 

It was half way on the film, when Krystal felt Amber's hand held hers under the blanket. She diverted her gaze towards her but the latter just kept her eyes to the movie, acting like she's not the one who made the first move underneath. Krystal just let her be like she always does. It's part of her plan anyway. To make Amber make a move, say yes to her then make sure that she's not going to harbor the same feelings. As easy as that, and she'll have her daily dose of her favorite drink. She smirked at the thought. Although she cannot deny that she felt a little fluttering feelings on her chest upon the action. Only a little. She tried to emphasize.

"What?!" Krystal screamed in surprise when the male lead died. 

"That cannot be! They should have their happy ending at the very least! They endured so much! " She added angrily, kicking some of the pillows and the blanket in the process. It's just unbelievable for her that the main leads couldn't be together just because of a stupid gunshot. 

"It's a happy ending Krys." Amber reasoned out while trying to calm the girl. That sentence only earned a glare from Krystal. 

"It isn't Amber! How can you say that it's a happy ending when they cannot even be together. IT IS NOT! HE DIED!" Krystal emphasized and soon burried her head on the pillow out of frustration. Tears were even starting to formed on the corner of her eyes. 

"It doesn't mean that they cannot be together, it is not a happy ending already. In the end, they came to view life and love in a better perspective. They learn to accept things even if it is not what they wanted. Sometimes what a person needs is just acceptance and it's already enough. We can be happy with just that." She cannot believe that she can say things like this to Krystal. 

Just like how I already accepted that you are not going to be mine. 

It took all her will power to not utter those words. 

Not accepting what Amber said because she still believe that it's really ridiculous, she just pushed the next button with much force and soon another movie played which was entitled 'One Day' (A/N: I highly recommend this movie). Although Amber cannot see Krystal's face due to the dimmed lights, she's a hundred percent sure that the said girl is sporting an annoyed face right now. She just chuckled lightly and soon focused her attention to the movie. Not forgetting to intertwine their fingers again. 

"How can he be so coward. Argh! Why can't he just confess?!" Krystal commented upon seeing that the guy in the movie cannot express her feelings to the girl she likes. He's contented in just looking from a far while she's treated like trash emotionally. 

It isn't that easy especially if you don't stand a chance in the first place. It's like a losing battle. Amber answered in her head.

"Bunch of masochists. They are much better with each other so why cannot they just give each other a chance." 

When you are too caught up with another person. You will not notice how others are trying their best to love you and fix you. 

(I suggest that you watch the movies guys for better understanding! It's worth it! )

1...

2...

Amber immediately covered her hands on both her ears upon realizing the upcoming fit of tantrums from her date when the movie ended. Krystal was like a calm before the storm. She just blankly stared at the white wall. 

3...

"Arrrrrggghhhh! Why are your movies like these?!" Amber was lucky that she has spared her ears from getting deaf from Krystal's outburst. She knew that the girl will act this way upon taking noticed on what was playing. She has watched that movie for like five times already and she sure knew where Krystal is coming from. Amber was also really frustrated with the ending of this specific movie during her first watch. 

"I cannot take this Am! " Krystal uttered as she slapped Amber repeatedly. Although it stings but upon hearing Krystal whine, she cannot help but to laugh at her, which annoyed the latter much more. She even put herself atop Amber, with her legs on her sides. And continued to hit her playfully to somehow realease her anger.

"Psh. How dare you laugh at me!" 

When Amber had enough of the playful beatings, she caught Krystal on her arms, pushing her body towards her. It seems like a bad move when it made their faces only an inch apart. 

Both are frozen on their position, not even moving an inch. Krystal even stopped her struggling.They don't know what to act but one thing's for sure it made their world stopped and a familiar surge of emotions when they are together resurfaced. Both cannot even take their eyes away from each other. 

Amber gulped when a certain thought came into her mind. Kissing Krystal. Her eyes were darting to Krystal orbs and back to her lips. Repeating the process. 

With a new found courage, she captured the latter's lips on her. And as expected, it felt perfect. The way those sweet lips molded with hers was heaven. The sound of her beating heart due to happiness was ringing on her ears. Whatever the result she'll accept it, even if she'll get a slap. Everything was truly worth it. Crossing the line is worth it. With Krystal, it's always worth it. 

She sure that Krystal was taken aback with her actions. Amber can even see how Krystal's eyes widen with it. Not sensing any struggle from the latter. She slowly move her lips, tilting a little to feel it more. It's been a few seconds with her only feeling the kiss. Krystal was like a statue on top of her, giving an impression to the latter that she doesn't like what was transpiring between them at this moment. Disappointed, Amber is going to end it when Krystal suddenly reciprocate the kiss. And she's sure that it is now her eyes that's widening now. 

They don't know how long they have kissed. But they both are well aware that Amber's hands is slowly tracing circles on Krystal's clothed back, which earned a little moan from the latter. Amber switched their position, she felt a sudden desire upon seeing Krystal's hazy eyes and swollen lips underneath her. Without second thought she captured the other girl's lips again, their tongues were fighting for dominance. Eventually, Krystal surrendered. Letting Amber take control. 

Krystal let out another moan as she felt Amber's lips on her neck, adding to it was the fact that Amber's right hand was slowly creeping underneath her shirt. They don't know where this would lead the two of them but they are sure that they both want what was happening. Whether it's because of romantic feelings or just a pure desire. 

"Don't l-leave marks, Am-oh! ." Krystal didn't get to finish her sentence when Amber suddenly bit on her neck. But it was soon turned into a moan when it was replaced by  a soft when suddenly... 

 

Ring. Ring. Ring. 

The sudden sound has made the two break away immediately from each other, with Amber abruptly standing up to get her phone. Krystal on the other hand, fixed herself and soon stood up also. 

Their faces where both flustered from the event just a few minutes ago. 

Amber looked at the caller ID, what welcomed her was Luna's number. She doesn't know if she should thank the latter or murder her. 

"I gotta g-go." Krystal uttered as she hastily gathered her things. Still disoriented. 

"It's ge-getting late already." she reasoned out. 

Amber doesn't know what to respond to that, she's still even thinking if she should answer her friend's call. 

"Oh, okay. I'll s-see you out-outside. " Clearly, she's not any better than Krystal.

"It's fine. Bye." With that, the latter exit her room. Not even giving her a glance. 

Upon hearing the front door closed. She slumped on her bed, trying to process everything. Answering Luna's call was thrown at the back of her mind. 

What the hell?! What's happening Amber?! 

It's not part of what you have planned! 

 

What the heck Krys! Get a hold of yourself! 

It's not included in the deal! 

 

 

To be continued... 

A/N: Helloooo! How was it? Your comments were all well-appreciated. Keep them going please. Those really motivated me to update :) Hope you've had a good read :) lovelots.