Anytime

On the other side of the wall

Hyunjin got herself off the bed as fast as she could, which was still painfully slow. She woke up before Heejin and absolutely had to get her breakfast in bed, so she tiptoed towards the door- 

“Aren’t you tired?” Heejin’s sleepy voice sounded behind her. 

Hyunjin sighed and turned, greeted by Heejin’s smile. “No, I slept very w-” 

“Of being the most beautiful girl alive.” 

Hyunjin stared at her, feeling the heat crawling underneath her cheeks, while Heejin’s eyes roamed all over her body.  

Today though, Hyunjin would let Heejin embarrass her all she wanted. Not that she didn’t already... 

Hyunjin crawled on top of her and kissed her forehead. “Good morning, and happy birthday again, baby.” 

Heejin squealed and circled her arms around her girlfriend’s shoulders, rolling over her and showering her with kisses. “Thank you, Aeongie. Why were you running away, though?” 

“Nothing, just needed to go to the bathroom.” 

“And make me breakfast in bed?” 

Hyunjin pouted. “That’s not fair, now it won’t be a surprise.” 

“I was joking, but were you really?” Heejin’s eyes sparkled. 

“Well...” 

“You’re so cute.” Heejin kissed the tip of her nose. “You don’t need to, we can just go and make it together.” 

“But it’s your birthday!” 

“Exactly, and because it’s my birthday, you should attend to my wishes.” 

“You’re so unfair.” 

“But you love me.” 

With nothing more to say, Hyunjin kissed her, slow, but it soon heated up, as her hands circled around her back to bring her closer. 

“Last night wasn’t enough?” Heejin asked, her major smirk plastered on her lips. 

“I-It was! I mean, I wasn’t-” 

“I’m kidding. I just love your face when you’re flustered.” Heejin laughed, while Hyunjin mumbled another ‘unfair’. “What if we go take a shower and then cook our breakfast?” 

Hyunjin didn’t have any other choice but to accept, and it indeed seemed like a pretty good plan to start their day. 

“Remember when I left the bathroom in a towel on the first day we met?” Heejin asked as she dried her body. 

“How could I forget? I was so embarrassed.” 

“You have to admit it was funny.” 

Hyunjin shot her a glare. “How is me nearly dying anything close to funny?” 

Heejin laughed. “Were you that surprised?” 

“Yes? I mean, I was chilling, and then boom, the most beautiful girl I’ve ever seen in my life appears in front of me wrapped in a towel, an hour after I met her.” 

“Wow, who knew I could seduce you so easily...” Heejin let the towel fall to the ground with another smirk creeping on her lips. 

Hyunjin gulped. It had been four months, and she still hadn’t gotten used to Heejin’s bluntness.  

“And you always take advantage of that.” Hyunjin rolled her eyes. 

“Of course, what would be the fun if I didn’t?” Heejin took a step closer, stealing Hyunjin’s towel away and gluing their bodies. 

Hyunjin’s eyes went shut as Heejin kissed her shoulder. “What’s wrong with you? You were only just teasing me about last night not being enough, but now you do this? Are you going to keep at this all day long?” 

“Oh my, what an awesome idea,” Heejin whispered near her ear, biting her ear lobe next. “Then you can get your revenge later, yes?” 

Hyunjin hissed, but took a deep breath after and maintained her posture.  

“It’s going to be one hell of a revenge. Don’t think I’ll go easy on you because it’s your birthday.” Hyunjin pouted and turned around, but then flipped back to finish her comeback. “And also, I can and I will tickle you a lot. You’ll see.” 

Heejin patted her head like she would a kitten. “How do you switch from hot to cute in a split second? That was amazing.” 

“I won’t tell you my secret.” Hyunjin crossed her arms. “Aeong~” 

Heejin squealed and grabbed Hyunjin’s hand. 

“Now, let’s get dressed and prepare our food. Or we could just hang around the house all day long?” Heejin smirked, again

“Not an option. We have way too many plans. Now let’s just eat!”  

--- 

Breakfast, a walk in the morning followed by a bowl of ramen for lunch, then going to the movies and an arcade. Nothing fancy, but it was just what Heejin wanted for her birthday, before dinner with everyone. Hyunjin also couldn’t be happier that her girlfriend loved all her suggestions for activities.  

Instead of going to a restaurant for dinner, Heejin asked Jinsol and Jeungeun if it was okay to have a dinner party at their house, since it was much more spacious, and also, Jiwoo’s birthday was next day, and that way they could celebrate both. They were always ready to party, so they almost volunteered before Heejin could even ask. 

“I have something to say,” Sooyoung started, and since only half of the people heard it, she hit her glass with her chopsticks a few times. “Stop stuffing your faces in food for a minute and pay me attention!” And when she was sure everyone looked at her, she cleared . “Alright, thank you-” 

“You and Jiwoo are getting married?” Jungeun interrupted, earning an invisible laser beam across the room. 

Jiwoo clapped with her excited smile plastered on. “Yes, we are! You guessed it right!” 

The living room went silent except for the collective gasps. 

“I didn’t say we were getting married now, but we are someday, right?” 

The room erupted in loud laughs, and Sooyoung sighed with a hand on her forehead. “Yes, we are.” Jiwoo squealed and hugged her, interrupting her once again. “But that was not what I was gonna say. I have news for the birthday girl.” 

All eyes now darted to Heejin, who pointed at herself. 

“As you all know, Heejin is the new prodigy at New Studios, and for that alone, I want to congratulate her again,” Sooyoung went on, and everyone clapped. Heejin looked down, trying to hide her smile. “And even though she’s been there for only four months, she has always shown and proved her skills, passion, effort, and enthusiasm in every class. Having that said, we are opening a Street Dance class next semester, and I, as the owner, happen to have a favorite candidate for the teacher. I could only wonder if she’d like to do it.” Sooyoung wiggled her eyebrows at Heejin. 

Hyunjin dropped her chin, alongside many others, and Heejin herself. 

“Are you serious?” Heejin asked after a few seconds of full silence. 

Sooyoung nodded with a smile.  

“I-I don’t know what to say.” 

“Say yes!” Jiwoo encouraged. 

Heejin scanned around, then locked eyes with Hyunjin. She smiled at her and nodded, holding her hand under the table. 

“Yes, okay, let’s do that,” Heejin said, and the room erupted in another wave of cheers.  

“A toast for Heejin!” Jungeun raised her own. 

“Wait, I have to refill mine!” Yerim cried on the other side of the table, asking for the bottle of soju.  

Hyunjin volunteered to refill everyone’s glasses, then remained standing and raised hers. “To celebrate Heejin’s birthday and her successful future as a dance teacher!” 

Everyone stood up, clinking their glasses together with more cheers. 

Music took place after their meal. Some danced, others kept on drinking and chatting. Hyunjin tried to follow Heejin, but next to her, she looked like a robot gorilla or something like that. But what mattered was the smile that hadn’t left Heejin’s lips all day.  

It was past eleven, and soon, it would no longer be Heejin’s birthday.  

“Wanna go outside for a bit?” Hyunjin asked. 

Heejin nodded and grabbed her hand, leading the way. Hyunjin smiled as they stepped outside to the backyard, remembering it was there that everything started- 

“Looks like someone had this idea already,” Heejin said, and Hyunjin followed her sight, to find Hyejoo and Chaewon breaking their kiss and meeting their stares.  

“Ah, hi...” Chaewon avoided their eyes. 

“W-we should go back inside, I bet they don’t plan to leave us any snacks.” Hyejoo stood up, pulling Chaewon with her and rushing inside. 

Heejin turned to Hyunjin with a frown. “Did I say something?” 

“No, they’re just still a little shy.” She sat, followed by Heejin. 

Heejin sighed. “I thought I was rude. I didn’t mean to send them away.” 

“I know, and they know it too, don’t worry.” 

“Okay, I’m glad then. They’re so cute.” 

“Yeah, they are. But we’re more.” 

Heejin smiled, pinching Hyunjin’s cheeks. “You are.” 

“No, you are, but we’re not here for this.” 

“Then, why did you bring me here?” 

The weather had gotten colder, and as the breeze blew harder, Hyunjin trembled. She grabbed Heejin’s hands and brought them to her lap. “First of all, you can’t imagine how proud and happy I am for you. Jeon Heejin, dance teacher. It fits so well.” 

“Thank you, Hyunjin, for real. I never thought something like this could happen, and I’m not sure if I can do it or-” 

“Of course you can! You’re amazing, Heejin! You heard Sooyoung. You’ll be an amazing teacher.” 

“I’m just a candidate, there will be other dancers.” 

“But I know you’ll be selected. If the owner of the school said that, it’s pretty much guaranteed. There’s no one better than you. I would join your classes just to learn from you.” 

“I don’t think that would be a good idea. I would get distracted with you, and you know I can teach you privately,” Heejin whispered, getting closer to kiss her lips, but when Hyunjin was about to deepen the kiss, Heejin pulled away. 

“You think you can pull off those snarky little tricks, Jeon Heejin, but you’re very wrong if you think I’ll let you get away with it.” 

“I’m looking forward to seeing what you mean with that.” 

Hyunjin bit on her lip, but then remembered the primary reason why she brought Heejin there. Without adding any more words, she fetched a little box from the pocket of her sweater. 

“I’m sorry I couldn’t give you this earlier, but I couldn’t find the opportunity. But honestly, here and now is perfect.” Hyunjin placed the box in Heejin’s hands. “Happy birthday.” 

Heejin opened the box to reveal a simple silver ring. 

“I’m terrible with gifts, I really didn’t know what to give you, but since you mentioned you like jewels and such, and we still don’t have anything together, I thought-” Hyunjin was cut by Heejin launching herself to her, making her fall on her back with a grunt. 

“Thank you, it’s perfect. I love it.” 

Hyunjin relaxed with a deep breath, circling her arms around her. “I’m glad.” 

Heejin pulled back enough to look at her eyes. “I love you, Kim Hyunjin. Every day, I’m thankful for you.” 

“Me too.” Hyunjin hugged her again, burying her face on her neck and leaving light kisses.  

“It’s still my birthday, I have one more request,” Heejin said, laying next to her and resting her head on her shoulder. “Sing me my favorite song.” 

“Anytime.” 

Just like that one night, laying on Hyunjin’s bed, hugging Heejin close, she sang her song she eventually called Around You. 

But, just like she wished that same night in her room, instead of looking up at the glowing stars on the ceiling, she could admire the real stars and the moon shining in the dark sky. And now she had the courage to tell Heejin how much she loved her at any time she felt like it. 

---

A/N: So this is it guys, the last chapter. I hope you all enjoyed this story, even though quite short, but I really loved writing it ^-^

I'm still finishing all the edits on my next story, but please anticipate it a lot!!! I'll announce on my twitter when the story is up, so feel free to follow me @itzloonatic

Thank you all again for reading this story and for the support and see you soon ♥️