Epilogue

Color Outside the Lines (BEING TURNED INTO WEBTOON)


 

1 Week Later

 

‘I can’t believe it’s been a week and Wonyoung and Yujin still haven’t gotten together.’ Heejin shoveled into what the school tried to say was meat. ‘I’m so close to getting my money.’ 

 

‘To recap, who here is Team Annyeongz getting together first? Put up your hands.’ Yena said. Heejin, Hyunjin, Nako and Sakura put up their hands. 

 

‘And who here is Team Two Kim?’ Yena put up her hand, as well as Yuri, Hitomi and Hyewon. 

 

‘It’s pronounced Kim Kim, Yena. It’s only written like 2kim.’ Nako said once everyone put down their hands. 

 

‘Yah!’ Yena jabbed her chopstick in Nako’s direction. ‘Why do you guys always drop the formalities with me? Do you have no respect for me?’ 

 

‘Not really.’ Yuri kissed her on the cheek. 

 

‘What she said.’ Sakura agreed. 

 

The rest of the table nodded.

 

Yena shot a betrayed look at Hyunjin. Usually that girl would be the voice of reason, the only one who had some sense. 

 

‘You, too?’ Yena whined which only caused a shrug from Hyunjin. 

 

‘I, too, cannot believe that Wonyoung and Yujin haven’t got together and I don’t know why they haven’t, either.’ She paused for a bit before turning a blank face towards one of the oldest people there. ‘Yena.’

 

Before Yena could whine again, a new person joined their lunch table, sitting next to Heejin and snatching a grape off of her plate. 

 

‘Wonyoung said she’s waiting.’

 

They all turned to see Chaewon, one of the people that they have been talking about. 

 

‘Waiting? For what?’ Hyewon said. 

 

‘Something about a competition?’ Chaewon scratched her head. ‘She refused to tell me the details, all she said was that she wants Heejin and Hyunjin to go broke. Did you guys place bets on them?’ 

 

Hyewon let out a cough from choking on her food and the table exchanged nervous glances. Everyone knew about the annyeongz/2kim bet EXCEPT for the people that were involved. Or at least they thought. Somehow, Wonyoung had managed to find out. 

 

And somehow, everyone knew the culprits were either Heejin or Yena. 

 

Thankfully, they were saved from the cafeteria breaking into a parade of murmurs. The table instantly knowing what was happening. 

 

‘Looks like the Big 3 walked in.’ Sakura said dreamily. Even though all of them had become friends, that didn’t stop Sakura from fangirling over those three. 

 

They all turned to see Yujin, Chaeyeon and Minjoo walking into the cafeteria. Yujin and Chaeyeon had a stack of textbooks in their hands, while Minjoo was struggling to carry her cheerleading things. 

 

It was no secret that those three were probably some of the most popular students in the school. Between the three of them, they had enough romantic as well as platonic admirers to start a school club. Sakura, of course, was one of them but she was living the Y/N life by being friends with them. 

 

They were like the big 3 of the High School. Yujin was Twice. Chaeyeon was Red Velvet. Minjoo was Blackpink. 

 

Chaewon narrowed her eyes at her when she heard someone from the table next to her whisper, ‘Ahn Yujin and Kim Minjoo are totally dating. I don’t make the rules here.’ 

 

She jabbed particularly hard at a piece of broccoli when she heard the rest of the table agree giddily. 

 

Jinjoo was pretty popular among the students, too. So, one could imagine the whispers as Yujin cutely took the bag off of the struggling Minjoo and shot her a playful wink and smile, something those two always liked to do. Yujin always did it with Nako, too, making Nakjin quite as popular as Jinjoo. 

 

The three made their way to the table and distributed the books among the friends. 

 

‘Thought you guys might need these.’ Yujin said, chuckling at the way Minjoo’s cheeks turned a little pink when she gave Chaewon a maths textbook. 

 

‘Wow.’ Hitomi said. ‘You guys are so good. How can you remember all the subjects we’re struggling with?’ 

 

Minjoo shrugged and pointed at Chaeyeon. 

 

Yujin, however, looked around the table, a biology textbook still in her arms. Her shoulders deflated a little when she realised that the person she wanted to see, wasn’t there. 

 

………..

 

‘Yujin.’ Chaeyeon sighed. ‘I know English speakers say ‘yeah, man’ and ‘let’s get it’ when they’re talking, but you can’t use it for a formal speech like this.’ 

 

Straight after dropping the textbooks off, Chaeyeon and Yujin excused themselves as this was the only time Chaeyeon and Yujin were available at the same time for Chaeyeon to tutor Yujin in English. They both had a free period after lunch but Chaeyeon claimed she was already busy with another matter. (Which everyone now knew was code for Eunbi).

 

Yujin sighed. She subtly glanced at her phone to see if Wonyoung had texted her back. 

 

‘Ahn Yujin.’ Chaeyeon rolled her eyes. ‘I know we call you a dog but you don’t have to act like a lost puppy every time you and Wonyoung aren’t within eyesight.’

 

‘Sorry.’ Yujin straightened her posture. ‘I always seemed to know what that girl was up to, you know? She was like an open book to me.’ 

 

‘Was?’ Chaeyeon said, knowing that Yujin had to get this off her chest if she was going to concentrate on her english work. 

 

Yujin pursed her lips. 

 

‘She’s just... so confusing, right now. I don’t know where we stand even though she literally told me she had feelings for me and that she wanted to ask me out again in somewhere other than a hospital and I was okay with it but it’s been a week now and she hasn’t done anything about it and it’s so frustrating and I feel like she avoids me when we’re at school but then she’ll text me or call me at night sometimes she’ll come to my house and she’s back to being sweet and affectionate and I don’t know what to think!’ 

 

Chaeyeon handed Yujin a drink bottle while she took a deep breath from her ramble. There was silence in the room as Yujin took a gulp of the water. 

 

‘Feel better?’ Chaeyeon said once Yujin lowered the drink bottle from her lips. 

 

‘Yeah.’ Yujin said. She chuckled, ‘Sorry about that. Let’s go back to studying.’ 

 

Chaeyeon raised an eyebrow. ‘You don’t want me to console you or anything?’ 

 

‘Nah.’ Yujin smiled. ‘I just had to let it all out. I’m good, now. Yeah man. Let’s get it.’

 

Chaeyeon bit her lip and studied Yujin’s face. She knew that she wasn’t, in fact, all good like Yujin had said, but she knew better than to push it. She’ll just have to keep an eye on the girl these next few days. 

 

……….

 

Just like Yujin has described to Chaeyeon, Yujin didn’t see Wonyoung at school that day but she did text Yujin asking if she can sleep at her house. 

 

So now, here was Wonyoung, laying in Yujin’s bed with eyes shut and a steady breathing pattern moving her chest up and down. It was getting pretty late and Wonyoung was exhausted from having dinner with her Dad. True to his word he really was trying to get to know her better and Wonyoung appreciated that but talking about yourself can get tiring after a couple of hours. 

 

When Wonyoung heard pages ruffling she sleepily opened one eye, peering at the ceiling through her lashes. Groggily she checked the time and groaned when she realised Yujin still wasn’t in bed. It was almost midnight. 

 

‘Yujin.’ Wonyoung sat up and rubbed at her eyes. Her voice was slow and raspy due to her short nap. She couldn’t hold back her tiredness as she yawned cutely, ‘come to bed. It’s late.’ 

 

Yujin, her glasses perched on her nose and her hands furiously writing and highlighting, was too focused to pay close attention to Wonyoung. 

 

‘I’m almost done.’ Yujin said, her tongue finding it’s way to the corner of her lip.

 

Wonyoung sighed and begrudgingly got out of bed. 

 

She made her way over to Yujin and draped her arms around her neck, snuggling her face sleepily against the class president’s. Yujin was shaken out of her focused studying as soon as she felt Wonyoung’s warm breath hitting her cheek. 

 

‘Yujinnie.’ Wonyoung tried again. ‘Go to sleep.’ 

 

Yujin shook her head. ‘I’m almost done.’

 

‘Sure. You said that an hour ago. Study tomorrow, go to sleep.’ 

 

Wonyoung was on the verge of falling asleep against Yujin’s shoulder and Yujin couldn’t help but chuckle, only now realising how cute Wonyoung’s sleepy voice sounded. 

 

‘You just want to cuddle, don’t you?’ Yujin teased, bopping her head against Wonyoung. 

 

Something Yujin loved doing was mercilessly teasing Wonyoung. Sometimes that girl was shameless and her uninhibited comments about her feelings for Yujin would fluster the class president. Other times? Wonyoung was a huge tsundere. 

 

So, it came as a huge surprise to Yujin when Wonyoung didn’t even argue. 

 

‘Yes. I do.’ Wonyoung mumbled against her neck, too sleepy to even argue. ‘Please come to bed.’ 

 

Yujin smiled. How can someone say no to that? 

 

‘Fine.’ Yujin said. 

 

As soon as Yujin stood up from her chair Wonyoung was dragging her to the bed and throwing the covers over them. Yujin was already in her PJs and had brushed her teeth and taken off her contact lens, hence the glasses. 

 

‘Damn, Wonyoung.’ Yujin giggled, taking off her glasses and turning to put it on the bedside table. ‘Didn’t give me enough time to put away my gla—‘ 

 

Yujin’s sentence was interrupted by an arm gently wrapping around her waist and a pair of lips pressing a soft kiss on the back of Yujin’s head. 

 

‘Is this okay?’ Wonyoung mumbled against the back of Yujin’s head. 

 

Yujin swallowed nervously, worried Wonyoung could feel her heart beating from her stomach. The class president only nodded in response. 

 

Just then, Yujin’s phone started to buzz. 

 

She went to answer the phone but Wonyoung’s grip tightened against her. 

 

‘Sleep, Yujin. You need to rest. Call them back tomorrow morning.’ 

 

Yujin stretched for the phone and looked at the caller ID, smiling when she saw who it was. 

 

‘This will be quick, I promise.’ 

 

Wonyoung only grumbled in response. 

 

‘To what do I owe this pleasure of being called by the prettiest flower at this time of night?’ Yujin said, once she picked up the phone. 

 

That woke Wonyoung up slightly. 

 

Who was Yujin calling ‘flower’? ‘PRETTIEST flower to be exact?

 

Not that Wonyoung cared or anything. She told herself she was mostly annoyed because of how cheesy that phrase was.

 

‘Jinjoo and Nakjin?’ Yujin chuckled. ‘Why are we trending?’

 

If Wonyoung was half asleep before, she was wide awake this time. 

 

‘They have ship wars now? People must be bored nowadays.’

 

Wonyoung tried to listen in on the conversation but unfortunately she couldn’t hear anything. 

 

‘I’m curious as to who will win!’ Yujin smiled into the phone. ‘You should get some rest, Minguri. It’s getting late.’

 

There was a pause before Yujin said, ‘love you too. Good night.’ 

 

‘What’s that about?’ Wonyoung asked once Yujin had hung up.

 

‘Someone started a Jinjoo vs Nakjin war on twitter and now everyone is getting in on it.’ Yujin let out a chuckle while she scrolled through twitter, liking some of the tweets about her and Minjoo and some more of her and Nako. 

 

She shook her head when she saw all the stolen pictures of them, including random pictures of her leaving school with either Minjoo or Nako. She swore one picture looked like it was taken from up a tree. One picture was even from Sakura’s account. 

 

She didn’t notice Wonyoung was peering at her phone, her lips pressing into a thin line. 

 

Suddenly her phone was taken from her grasp and placed on the bedside table. While that was happening, the arm around Yujin’s waist had to leave for a moment as Wonyoung leaned over the girl next to her to put the phone away. Just as quickly as it happened, Wonyoung’s arm was back in its original position.

 

Yujin swore Wonyoung was holding her just a tiny bit tighter than before. This brought a small smirk to her face. 

 

‘Sleep, Ahn Yujin.’ Wonyoung buried her face into Yujin’s hair yet again. 

 

‘Night, Chupppa Chup.’

 

Wonyoung held her a bit closer to her chest as she finally dozed off. Tomorrow she was going to have to show the school who the REAL ship is. 

 

………………

 

The next day, Sakura was scrolling through her phone during science class when she came across a post that surprised her. 

 

‘Y’all look at this.’ Sakura whispered in the back of the classroom. 

 

Hyewon, Eunbi and Yena subtly peered at Sakura’s phone, trying not to be caught by the teacher. 

 

Chaeyeon was sitting in the row in front of them and even though she was looking at the board, it was obvious that she had an ear trained onto their conversation. She just knew that if she glanced at Eunbi then she won’t be able to concentrate in class because, let’s face it, Eunbi looked hot as hell.

 

‘Oh my God.’ Hyewon said once she saw the tweet. 

 

It was just a normal picture of Yujin eating pancakes, though Sakura could see some of Yujin’s admirers freaking out over how cute she was with her casual morning look. 

 

But the thing that shocked Sakura the most was that the picture was posted from Wonyoung’s twitter. 

 

Wonyoung had tweeted the photo with the caption: this y’all’s prince?

 

‘Do you think they’re official yet?’ Sakura said. 

 

‘Wonyoung stayed over at her house and now she’s over here cooking for her? They’ve got to be.’ Eunbi nodded, impressed. ‘I mean, that’s what we did, right Chaeyeon?’

 

The student body president didn’t say anything but they could see the tips of her ears growing red.

 

…………...

 

‘So…’  Yena slid onto the chair across Yujin. Heejin took the seat next to the senior. 

 

‘What’s up?’ Yujin smiled, looking up from her english speech that she’d been trying to memorise.

 

‘Who cares about us?’ Heejin said. ‘What’s up with you…’

 

‘... and Wonyoung?’ Yena wiggled her eyebrows. ‘Prince Ahn and her emo princess. 

 

Yujin shrugged. ‘Nothing much. Just studying. That Chuppa Chup claims that she never studies but I see her secretly doing it during her free periods.’ 

 

‘You stalk her during free periods?’ Yena sniggered, knowing that those two never have free periods together. At the comment Yujin’s cheeks blushed red. 

 

‘I- I don’t.’ The class president defended herself. ‘She has a free period whenever I have history and I always take bathroom breaks during then.’ 

 

Heejin cracked up laughing. ‘And you somehow find your way to the library to watch Wonyoung study?’ 

 

‘Nooooo.’ Yujin whined covering her face. ‘What I mean by bathroom breaks is going outside to sit in the bleachers for 5 minutes just to breathe. History can be depressing sometimes.’ 

 

Yena and Heejin exchanged a look and shrugged. Sounded legitimate enough to them. 

 

‘When I go there, I see Wonyoung sitting under a tree and studying. She uses the back of her skateboard as a table.’ Yujin tilted her head down a little before mumbling, ‘it’s really cute.’ 

 

Yena and Heejin both placed a hand over their hearts, a pained expression on their faces.

 

‘Ah! I’m crying.’ 

 

‘You two are so cute!’ 

 

Yujin threw a French fry in their direction, aiming specifically for Yena’s face. 

 

‘Has she asked you out yet?’ Heejin asked while Yena bent under the table to pick up the French fry. Heejin and Yujin both grimaced when she popped it into . 

 

Yujin shook her head. Heejin pouted, thinking about her struggling wallet.

 

‘I have news!’ 

 

Yujin jumped a little when a tiny figure barrelled into Yujin’s side. Just then, another girl showed up and covered the smaller one’s mouth. 

 

‘Shut up, Nako.’ Minjoo whined. ‘There’s no need to broadcast it to everyone.’ 

 

‘I have to!’ Nako said, breaking free from Minjoo’s grip and grabbing Yujin’s hand. 

 

‘What’s up?’ Yujin asked her best friend, an amused smile on her face. 

 

‘Minjoo wants to ask out Chaewo—‘ Nako’s sentence was interrupted by Minjoo covering once again. 

 

‘What? No!’ Heejin exclaimed at the same time as Yena screaming, ‘Yes!’

 

‘That’s cool. But why do you sound so distressed?’ Yujin scratched her head with the hand that wasn’t being death gripped by Nako. 

 

Yujin didn’t miss the way Heejin, Nako and Yena exchanged a look with each other. 

 

‘She just can’t.’ Nako said with Heejin adding, ‘at least not yet.’ 

 

Meanwhile on the other side of the room, Wonyoung and Hyunjin walked into the cafeteria. Wonyoung pressed her lips into a thin line when she saw Minjoo sitting next to Yujin with Nako on the other side of the class president. There was no way Wonyoung could go through with her plans. 

 

And when she saw the way some freshmen were snapping pictures of Yujin with her arms around her best friends, Wonyoung let out a sigh. 

 

‘Hey, unnie. I don’t feel like cafeteria food, let’s go to the convenience store and get ramen. Or bread, in your case.’

 

Hyunjin’s eyes lit up and the two their heel and out the door. 

 

Unbeknownst to Wonyoung, Yujin’s eyes followed her out of the cafeteria, a frown on her face. 

 

……….

 

It was the end of the school day and a group of Freshmen stood outside of a maths classroom. One of the girls had a box of chocolate, her leg bouncing out of nervousness.

 

A few feet away from them were a group of Sophomore boys, all from the basketball team. One of the boys was clutching onto some flowers. He was completely still, but it was obvious that he was just as nervous as the girl with the box of chocolate. 

 

The bell rang and both groups broke into a flurry of murmurs. They were peering into the classroom window, waiting for the students to come out of the classroom. 

 

One by one, students in their yellow uniform started to come out of the classroom. The group of students waiting outside grew more and more anxious as each student came out. 

 

Then the class president slash softball captain walked out the door. 

 

‘Yujin sunbaenim!’ The girl with the box of chocolate bowed. She was taller than Nako, but still significantly smaller than Yujin. 

 

‘Hi, Kyungmi.’ Yujin smiled at her junior. ‘What are you doing here?’ 

 

The girl’s cheeks blushed red. 

 

‘I was wondering if, you’d like to uh…’ the girl swallowed nervously and glanced at her friends who nodded their heads in encouragement. ‘I think you’re really cute! Would you like to go on a d-date with me on Saturday?’ 

 

Yujin blinked. The girl had spoken really quickly and it took Yujin a second to register what was going on. But then she saw a boy come up from behind Kyungmi. 

 

‘Funny you should ask that, Kyungmi, was it?’ Yujin recognised him as Donghoon from the basketball team. ‘I was about to ask Yujin the same thing.’ 

 

‘Hey!’ One of Kyungmi’s friends glared at the boy. ‘You can’t just in on someone else’s conversation like that!’ 

 

‘Are you going to disrespect one of your Seniors like this?’ Donghoon said, using his height to tower aggressively over the freshman. The girl didn’t flinch however, still opting to glare at the boy. 

 

‘It’s okay, guys.’ Yujin said nervously. ‘There’s no need to fight. I’m not—‘ 

 

‘Kyungmi asked Yujin sunbaenim first.’ The girl didn’t listen to Yujin. 

 

‘Do you really think she has a chance with someone she calls sunbaenim?’ Donghoon sniggered. He turned to Yujin. ‘Yujin and I are close, aren’t we?’ 

 

Yujin pursed her lips. She was actually closer to Kyungmi than she was to Donghoon. 

 

‘I mean,’ Yujin scratched her head, ‘we’re same-aged friends but… I’m really sorry, Donghoon but I just don’t feel the same way. Same to you, Kyungmi.’ 

 

Kyungmi bowed. ‘I understand, sunbaenim. Thank you for your time.’ 

 

Yujin bowed back and watched them leave. 

 

Donghoon, however, was still there.

 

‘How can you say that?’ Donghoon said, obviously hurt. ‘After all I’ve done for you?’ 

 

Yujin tried to rack her brain, trying to remember what that boy actually has done for her. Nothing. She could remember, nothing. 

 

‘I gave you my pen when your pencil broke! Which meant I couldn’t even do my own assignment in class since I had nothing to write with. Remember when I ditched basketball practice just to watch your softball game against our school rivals? Surely you could go on one date with me to repay me for all I’ve done for you.’

 

Yujin heard a scoff from behind the boy. 

 

Her eyes lit up when she saw who it was

 

Wonyoung stood there with her backpack hanging loosely off of one shoulder, her hand gripping onto the strap. She had her other hand in her skirt pocket, her hip sassily poking out. Yujin couldn’t help but think she was the prettiest girl in the world. 

 

And of course, it wasn’t Jang Wonyoung if there wasn’t a lollipop sticking out from .

 

‘Did she ask?’ Wonyoung said, the lollipop twirling between her teeth.

 

‘Excuse me?’ 

 

Wonyoung walked towards Yujin’s side, taking her books and placing them into her own backpack. 

 

‘Did she ask you to do all these things?’ Wonyoung didn’t even bother looking at the boy, only shooting Yujin a small smile and a wink. ‘It seems to me that you did all this on your own, expecting some sort of reward- no. A payment. As you said.’ 

 

Wonyoung turned to the boy and placed her backpack onto her shoulder again. 

 

‘She doesn’t owe you anything.’ Wonyoung said, raising one eyebrow sassily. ‘Accept your ‘L’ and go.’ 

 

She nudged Yujin with her shoulder who gave her her soft eye smile. 

 

‘Shall we?’ 

 

As the walked away from the boys, Wonyoung heard Donghoon say from behind, ‘Why do you even care about who Yujin dates or not, Jang Wonyoung?’

 

Wonyoung spun around. 

 

‘Because, I like her and I want her to date me. Not you or anyone else.’ 

 

Then she grabbed Yujin’s hand and continued to walk down the hallway, shooting a little glare at Donghoon and his friends. 

 

To the people that were filming the exchange, Wonyoung smiled into one of the cameras, holding up the hand that was holding Yujin’s.

 

‘Jinjoo or Nakjin ship wars are useless.’ Wonyoung said. ‘Annyeongz stays winning.’ 

 

Yujin stayed silent as the walked down the hallways, hand in hand. Wonyoung snuck a glance at her face, worried that the other girl was upset with her. Perhaps she had gone too far. 

 

But she was surprised to see that Yujin had a small smirk on her face. 

 

‘What’s that look for?’ Wonyoung said as she opened the door for Yujin. 

 

Yujin shrugged happily. ‘You’re cute when you’re jealous.’ 

 

Wonyoung dropped the hand that was holding Yujin’s. 

 

‘I’m not jealous! Men are just annoying.’ She crossed her arms. 

 

‘Men and… Minjoo and Nako?’ Yujin teased. ‘I didn’t know you cared so much about ship wars.’ 

 

‘I’m not jealous.’ Wonyoung pouted. 

 

She shook her head when Yujin only laughed at her again. 

 

‘Do you have to go home right now?’ Wonyoung asked. 

 

‘No, not really.’ Yujin said. 

 

‘Perfect. Follow me.’

 

‘Not until you admit that you were jealous.’

 

‘I’m not jealous!’

 

‘Fine, then. I’m going home.’

 

‘Ugh, fine. Maybe I was a little jealous. Just come with me, please.’

 

…………..

 

Wonyoung and Yujin stepped foot into an abandoned warehouse, the same one the two went to after their shopping spree back when Wonyoung was still Yujin’s assistant.

 

To Yujin’s surprise, Minjoo, Chaewon and Nako were there too.

 

‘What’s going on?’ Yujin said. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Nako leave Minjoo and Chaewon and settle in a spot where she could see Minjoo and Chaewon as well as Wonyoung and Yujin. ‘What are they doing here?’

 

‘Ignore them.’ Wonyoung said. 

 

She put down her bag and her skateboard and led Yujin down towards a section of the wall. Yujin remembered that Wonyoung had spray painted this while Yujin watched from the ground. She also remembered that this was where Yujin first confessed to Wonyoung. 

 

She noticed that a small section of the wall had a cover over it. 

 

Wonyoung and Yujin stood side by side, looking up at Wonyoung’s painting. 

 

‘This felt like ages ago when really it’s only been a couple months.’ Wonyoung said. ‘But I feel like I’m a different person to who I was when I made this. I’m probably still the same on the inside, but I feel like lately I’ve been given the opportunity to really shine as who I am.’ 

 

She fiddled with her skirt, fixing a crease on it. 

 

‘Can you believe? I’m still acting like the angsty teenager Eunbi claims I am even though I’m wearing a skirt! And can you also believe, that I’m actually enjoying wearing this skirt? My legs feel so free.’ 

 

‘You still have the black long sleeve underneath your uniform, though.’ Yujin pointed out. She poked at the silver chain hanging from Wonyoung’s skirt. ‘Also, I don’t remember this being part of the school uniform?’

 

‘I know you like the long sleeve’ Wonyoung smiled. ‘And I look pretty badass.’ 

 

Yujin chuckled, knowing that Wonyoung was completely right. 

 

‘Yujin, there’s something I want to say, because I just realised that I’ve only really said this once to you. And that’s not enough.’ 

 

Wonyoung turned to face Yujin. 

 

‘Thank you, Yujin.’ 

 

‘For what?’ Yujin look genuinely bewildered.

 

‘For letting me be the best version of me. I’ve been able to do so many things because you gave me the chance to do it. You’re the first person to really encourage me with my art and the first person to help me fix my broken family life. All this time, I feel like the person I am inside has been struggling to reach the outside because I haven’t been given the opportunity to. You saw this, and you gave me this opportunity. I really can’t thank you enough.’ 

 

Yujin couldn’t take it anymore and she leaned in to place a soft kiss onto Wonyoung’s lips. The last time they kissed was in the hospital, just a week ago. 

 

Yujin had been dying to kiss her again but she never knew the right time. Wonyoung was being so cute, she knew she had to do it then.

 

Wonyoung was surprised when Yujin’s lips suddenly landed on hers but she was quick enough to close her eyes for the meaningful peck.  

 

‘You make me so happy, Yujin.’ Wonyoung leamed her forehead on Yujin’s when they pulled away. Then she frowned and smacked her lightly on the arm. ‘Which makes me so mad! Why are you so cute and pretty?? It’s not fair!’ 

 

Wonyoung clutched at her heart. 

 

‘Just say you want me to go into cardiac arrest and go! Oh my God. You have no idea how much your smile drives me crazy. I think I’m going insane because I can’t stop thinking about you and even when you’re embarrassing me I can’t help but want to kiss you all the time and I hate being this clingy but you make me like this!’ 

 

Yujin was shocked at Wonyoung’s sudden outburst but couldn’t help the huge laugh that escaped her lips. 

 

‘Sorry about that.’ Wonyoung’s cheeks grew red and she scratched the back of her neck. 

 

‘You’re adorable.’ 

 

Yujin couldn’t help but kiss her again. 

 

‘What I meant to say is that… you make me so happy, Ahn Yujin and I want to ask you something. Something that I should have asked days ago.’

 

Yujin smiled, knowing full well where this was going. 

 

She prepared herself to shout yes to whatever Wonyoung was about to ask. 

 

But then, Wonyoung turned away from Yujin and shot a glance at Minjoo and Chaewon. Oh right, they were there too. 

 

Yujin waited as Wonyoung kept looking over at the two on the other side of the warehouse. 

 

‘Wonyoung?’ 

 

‘God, Minjoo is such a sap. Can’t she hurry up?’ 

 

Wonyoung kept looking over at Minjoo and Chaewon, causing Yujin to peer at them curiously too. 

 

Minjoo seemed to have tears in her eyes, which didn’t really alarm Yujin because that girl was pretty sensitive and she’d cry every other day. Also, seeing people cry was kind of amusing to Yujin. They had funny crying faces. 

 

But not Wonyoung. Wonyoung crying broke Yujin’s heart. For some reason, she still looked incredibly beautiful when she cried, but Yujin hoped that she wouldn’t have to see it too frequently. 

 

After what seemed like ages, Minjoo finally caught Wonyoung’s eyes and sent her a thumbs up. 

 

Wonyoung sighed in relief and she turned her head back around. 

 

‘Ahn Yujin.’ 

 

Wonyoung held up three fingers with one hand, counting down slowly. When she reached ‘one’ her other hand grabbed at the sheet covering the wall and ripped it off. 

 

Yujin gasped. 

 

Underneath the sheet was the eye that Yujin had drawn, or at least drew the dot while Wonyoung drew the rest. But the writing next to it was what made Yujin’s heart beat like crazy. 

 

In beautiful handwriting, accompanied by colorful doodles of flowers, lollipops, softballs, skirts and hearts, it said:



 

Ahn Yujin, will you be my girlfriend? Choose one of the two: yes or yes? 



 

Yujin saw Wonyoung holding out a spray can towards her, a soft smile on her face. Yujin took the can eagerly and shook it, just like how she did it the first time.

 

She positioned it over one of the ‘yes’es and carefully drew a heart around it.

 

‘You’re such a nerd.’ Yujin said. 

 

‘My crush is a Once, I had to do it.’ Wonyoung shrugged. 

 

‘Your crush?’ Yujin wrapped her arms around Wonyoung’s neck. ‘Don’t you mean, your girlfriend?’ 

 

Wonyoung placed her hands on Yujin’s waist and pulled her into another kiss. It was longer than the pecks that they shared before. But it didn’t last too long as the two couldn’t help but smile into the kiss, not being able to contain the giddy feeling inside their chest. 

 

‘You’re my girlfriend.’ Wonyoung smiled. ‘You’re literally my girlfriend.’ 

 

She squealed and threw her arms around Yujin, hugging her tightly. 

 

‘I’m sorry it took me so long.’ Wonyoung mumbled against Yujin’s neck. ‘I was scared that I wouldn’t be good enough for you.’ 

 

Yujin pulled away, looking at her incredulously. 

 

‘You? Not good enough for me?’ Yujin said. ‘Jang Wonyoung, I would never want to settle for anyone else other than you. How could you say that?’ 

 

‘Everyone kept talking about how you and Minjoo or you and Nako would make the perfect couple, and I don’t know, I felt a bit self conscious. Nako and Minjoo would be able to offer you so much and I’m just some skater girl who paints. People only saw me as some nuisance assistant that you were forced to take care of.’

 

‘We both know that’s not true and when did you, out of all people, care about what everyone thinks?’ 

 

‘Since I heard people shipping the girl I liked with other people. I just knew I had to just do something because, Ahn Yujin, I am certain that there is no one else in this world that I want to kiss more than you and I would like the freedom to just kiss you whenever I want.’

 

Yujin smiled, her dimples popping out. ‘Well, then kiss me, Chuppa Chup.’ 

 

‘I am so single.’ Nako wiped a tear from the side, her phone still videoing the other four people in the room. She stopped recording when Wonyoung and Yujin kissed again. 

 

‘Oh yeah.’ Yujin remembered the presence of the other three people. She looked to the side to see Minjoo and Chaewon holding each other in a similar position to how Wonyoung and herself were holding each other. ‘What are those three doing here? And why the countdown?’

 

Nako scratched her head sheepishly. ‘About that.’ 

 

Wonyoung spun Yujin around and pulled her closer, kissing her again. ‘You can worry about that later.’ 

 

‘And why is that?’ 

 

‘Because,’ Wonyoung said, ‘you have a personal assistant again. Who will gladly do anything for you because she’s doing this for you as your girlfriend.’ 

 

‘In that case.’ Yujin said. She placed one hand against the wall. 

 

Wonyoung peered at her hand, realising it was half a heart. She laughed and rolled her eyes before completing the heart. 

 

Yujin picked up the spray can and traced the heart they made with their hands. 

 

‘Chuppa Chup! Your first job is to help me turn this heart into a masterpiece.’ 

 

Wonyoung placed her hand over Yujin’s one that was holding the spray can. 

 

‘Just color outside the lines.’ 


 

A/N sorry it took so long and sorry if it disappointed!! I just wanted some jealous Wonyoung hehe

 

Anyways, I’m going to try and write more of the Fluffy College Gays series but I literally have so many AUs in my head I don’t know what to do anymore sjdjdjd