Peaches

Let's Play Cupid v.2.0
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What is she doing here?" I mumbled, surprised at the figure who caught my attention. I look twice to be sure if she's just a pigment of my imagination. It's Jennie. She's standing there in all her glory, in a ruffled gold banded black dress paired with black stilettos. Roseanne just cracked a joke and when I tilted my head over her shoulder, I saw her, spent a second look to be sure and I wasn't so wrong after all. Beside her is her consort for the night, who else would it be? The douchebag of course! 

 

I tried to ignore their existence but fate is planning something. Our eyes meet. She flashes her pursed cheeky smile and I just nod so not to be rude and get back my attention to the girl in front of me. 

 

This girl in front of me is so cute with all her comical gestures in telling a story. Roseanne Park. Park. Park! Sounds familiar and her father is the CEO of the Park-Kim Holdings, Inc. Yes, the name in the business card, it's Park Chaeyoung. She may be familiar with the name. It also says their that she's a Finance Manager. I'll ask her if an opportunity knocks. 

 

"Let me introduce you to our partner in business." Roseanne said with that smile. It warms me, like coming home after an exhausting day. I smile and nods and she guides the way to my most hated human being in the world, though he doesn't know it. 

 

"Hey Roseanne, nice seeing you here." Jongin greets the muse beside me who eagerly returns the favor by bumping cheeks with him. 

 

"Hello Jongin oppa. You look good tonight." she smiles and almost forgets that Jennie and I are in the sideline.

 

"Hello Jennie. I know what you're thinking. Let me guess. You think I'm ignoring you?" she is by far the most blunt person I've ever come across. 

 

"I wouldn't think that way." Jennie laughs and it's still music in my ears. It's heavenly, though what I see is hellish. Her hand is clasped against Jongin's like it's glued. My eyebrows furrow for a while but then I am snap to reality by a light elbow that lands on my tummy. 

 

"This is Lisa Manoban, lovebirds." the introduction is not necessary because I know them very well. 

 

"Hello Jennie. Hi Jongin." it's so formal that Jennie almost chokes on her own. Jongin the knight in shining armor comes to the rescue by rubbing her back torso gently and mumbling if she's okay. Jennie recovers and said, 

 

"So you two already met. I didn't know you're a lightning Lisa." she's looking at me intently like I did something very wrong to her. I am really puzzled. 

 

"Yes, we met here. I didn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter