Hate me

Let's Play Cupid v.2.0
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
The walls are colored gray accented with a darker shade and it was furnished with either black or white. The whole interior design speaks of masculinity and dominance but the one who uses it isn't a man. Yes, a girl and that's me. I just like the monotonous vibe gray, black and white give off. It makes me cringe at the sight of too much feminism inclined in my office before so I pushed the finance and budget department to undergo a review on the expenses and have them redesign my office. Perhaps that's one of the perks of being the Chief Operating Officer, and I love being one as much. I smiled as I scan through a lot of invoices and reports filed up in my desk that it almost hid me behind.   I am the COO as I said earlier while my father was appointed the CEO and my grandfather is the Chairman of the board. Basically, our family owned as much as seventy five percent of the stocks of the company. I grew up knowing my fate as if it is based on a pre-written book. But that doesn't mean my parents would force me into a political marriage. No, that isn't the case in our family. As long as our chosen partner can contribute to the growth of the company and would not be a nuisance to the business, we're or rather, I am entitled to choose whoever I want to spend my days with. My parents aren't that dictatorial but the opposite of it. Lately, they have been annoying the hell out of me asking me when do I give them their grandchildren. What the hell, right? I can't even confess to the love of my life and they would pester me with such demand. I'm even considering a convenient partnership with my best bud Bambam and pursue a political marriage within our families but everytime I see Jennie, my ideals keep on being crushed on the spot. And besides, I can't even imagine kissing Bambam. It makes me want to puke. Men isn't meant to be figures of my ual desires. They're just meant to be my buddies, nothing more, nothing less. That's just it. 

 

The air seemed fine and the ambience makes perfect for a work environment, no distractions or anything of sort. Not until a bang on the door opening startled me. I forgot to lock it up.    "Ms. Manoban, I'm so sorry. She just ran past me even though I told her you're not to be disturbed.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter