Lovesick

Let's Play Cupid v.2.0
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
"Are you hungry?" I asked Jennie as I look at my wristwatch and realized it is indeed lunchtime. How long have I been comforting her? Maybe an hour or so? I don't know. It just feels right being next to her everytime. It's as if the time stops whenever I'm with her that's why my work is piling up because of her recent problems with her douche bag. 

 

"I don't want to eat in the cafeteria though? I'm a mess." she looked at herself and smiled bitterly. Her eyes are puffy and reddish, even her nose. Her hair is messy but is it just me that find it so stunning. Ahhhhh! I'm so lovesick!  She's just wearing her usual tattered jeans and blue grayish hoodie; very casual indeed.    Employees here tend to wear semi to formal dresses so her style is an eye catcher. She may be feeling inappropriate but to me she's just perfect, whatever her outfit is. She's Jennie Kim, she slays in everything, just not with her lovelife, she at it. 
"Let's go out. I can give you at least two hours for lunch." I said nonchalantly then smiled big reassuring her that I'm here for her as always.

 

She smiled genuinely, the first since she got her. I know what she wants always. I know what will make her happy. The time. My time. Although I'm perplexed as to why she seemed relieved if I promise her my time, nonetheless, whatever makes her happy, I'll gladly give even if it means delivering me to my death. 

 

She gives me that gummy smile. It's like a ray of sun shines in this gloomy room. The dull colors seem to change to vibrant hues all of a sudden. Even with those puffy reddish eyes, nevertheless she is beautiful when smiling. 

 

"You should smile more. You look young when you do." I tried to sound it like a joke and she gets it in an instance and hits me in the arm twice. She pouts and I let out a laugh.

 

"I'm still young." she purses her lips after she said those words and blinks her right eye.

 

"What are these? I said raising my hands halfway and wiggling them for her to see. 

 

She laughs with my antics and I really love hearing her merry voice. It's like that of a siren who's luring her victim with her voice. If Jennie is the siren, I'll gladly be the victim. She doesn't need to entice me. Her whole being is enticing as it is. 

 

I pretend to be astounded to her action with a visible smile lingering and I tickle her. She let out a gasp and laughs continuously because she can't escape from my mischievous hands who's still tickling her. I can't help it because I, too, am caught up in the situation. I, too, am laughing backing her laughter. In the back of mind, I just wish we could stay like this. I wish she's mine so she could be happy like this. We could be happy like this, without worrying what comes next. Even though my work is piling up,
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter