Chapter 16

[JENLISA] Age of Death
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 My dad took the news well. I told him the next morning while eating breakfast, he arched his eyebrow and replied with, “Oh, really? I was waiting for an update on that. Nice.” He offered a fist bump; I rolled my eyes at him when he does that.

“I don’t need Cool Dad; I need Normal Dad. He gives better advice.”

He moved his hand away immediately. “You need advice? What’s going on?” He paused, looking concerned for a moment, and then he sank down in his chair slightly, cringing. “You’re not...?” he began, and then in a breath, “ually acti–?”

“Oh my god, Appa!” I interrupted swiftly, my face reddening. “And even if I was, I would not want that kind of advice. Never that kind of advice.”

“Mhmm.” He refused to look at me, instead focusing intently on his breakfast. “So, this advice, then.”

“You have a girlfriend,” I reminded him somewhat awkwardly.

“How do you... do things? Like, how do you interact? Is it the same as before you were dating? How do you make that transition beyond turning into a stupid idiot? How do you... be?”

“Yah! Did you just call your dad a stupid idiot?!” He paused to watch me press my palm to my forehead.

“How do I be. Hmm, well, I’m not sure I can answer that. You do what feels natural. You also no longer have sleepovers with the door closed or when Dad isn’t home for the night.”

“I shouldn’t have said anything,” I concluded.

“Probably not,” he agreed. “But I’m glad you felt like you wanted to tell me. Even if it was a lapse in judgment.” He paused again. “So that camping trip. I went on a double date with my own daughter.”

“That was not a double date,” I protested, cheeks aflame.

“You liked her.”

“It still doesn’t count.”

“If she liked you, too, maybe it should.” He shot me a curious look.

“So... when do I meet her parents?” He asked smirking

 

---

 

“What is this recipe? My god, it’s delicious!”

I slid down in my seat slightly, embarrassed, as I watched my dad take a large bite of Korean kimchi meatloaf Mrs. Kim made. I heard Jennie chuckle quietly beside me.

Mrs. Kim grinned at my dad, pleased. “I’ll be sure to write it down for you after dinner.”

“Please do. Lisa likes to mock my cooking, but if I master this, she’ll have no reason to complain.” He shot me a wink and I rolled my eyes at him.

Appa was a total dork throughout the dinner he forced me to set up, of course, but he got along well with Jennie’s parents. After dinner, they moved to the living room with glasses of wine, whilst Jennie and I managed to go up to her bedroom for a few minutes, where she pressed me up against her door, eyes hooded, tangled her fingers in my hair, and took my breath away.

“We’ve got to stop meeting like this,” I breathed out between kisses, and that made her giggle against my lips, stilling our kissing for a second.

“Shut up” she demanded and reached down to hook her fingers through the loops of my jeans so she could gently tug me closer. I’d been laughing, but that stopped very quickly when I felt her hips press into mine.

I could hardly think in that moment, but if I had been able to think, I’d have wondered how on earth I held out on dating her for so long. We only been together for a week now and things were already moving so fast.

Snaking her arm around my neck as our kisses continues to deepen. Biting her lower lip with my teeth as I quickly took control and when Jennie’s mouth opened. I wasted no time as I instantly probe my tongue onto hers. My arm firmly wrapped around her waist and I could feel the heat spreading from my c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter