Chapter 8

Phantom

“Who’s Han Seungwoo?” An elderly lady asked as she entered the room. You stared at her in shock.

“Grandma! What are you doing here?” You got up and went to hug her. She was a tiny lady but she had taken care of you practically your whole life. She returned your hug tightly. 

“Well I hadn’t heard from my gorgeous granddaughter in a long time. She pinched your cheeks. “You’re too thin.” She sighed as she looked down at your figure. 

“I eat enough grandma.” You smiled. She returned your smile and patted your cheek.

“Now who is Han Seungwoo?” She asked cheekily. “Are you finally dating someone?” She asked excitedly. “Who is he? Can I meet him?” She continued.

“He’s no one.” You quickly said. 

“If he’s no one, why are you not talking to him then.” Your grandma cocked an eyebrow and gave you her infamous mom face that could crack soldiers and had caused you to crack one too many times.

“He really is no one.” You lied while looking away. 

“He’s our next door neighbor!” Kira popped her head in. You glared at her as she stuck her tongue out at you. 

“Your neighbor? Why are you angry at him?” Your grandma looked confused. 

“It’s nothing grandma…just garbage disposal issues.” You said hoping she’d accept it and drop the subject. Kira smirked at your lie. 

“Well, that’s fine. Now baby girl,” she gestured to you using the nickname she always used. “Why don’t you take a shower and come eat the breakfast I made!” She patted your cheek again before going out of your room. 

“Garbage issues?” Kira whispered. “You’re terrible.” She laughed. You poked her in the sides causing her to yelp.

“You’re terrible. Don’t mention Seungwoo to my grandma. You know she’s on me for being single you little weirdo.” She shrugged.

“Well it’s true, you do need a boyfriend. I don’t know what kind of dream you were having last night…” She trailed off as she watched you blush. “Oh my god, you had a wet dream. HAHA that’s absolutely hilarious.” She laughed loudly. You covered with your hand. 

“Kira, do you want to die today?” You growled. Kira shook her head, mouth still covered. “Then don’t talk about Seungwoo in front of grandma.” You waited until she nodded. You snatched your hand away when she your palm. “Ugh disgusting.” You kicked her as she stuck her tongue out at you. You shook your head. 

“Y/N! Come fast, I don’t want the food to get cold!” Your grandmas voice resonated. 

🐻🐻

You came out of your room and stopped in your tracks when you spotted the person who was sitting on the couch with your grandma. 

Han freaking Seungwoo. 

“What the hell are you doing here?” You said. Both Seungwoo and your grandma turned to you. Kira and Seungyoun who were bringing the food out stopped in their tracks. 

“Y/N!” Your grandma admonished you. “Is that how you talk to your guests?” You blushed as she reprimanded you. Seungwoo had a smile on his face that you just wanted to wipe off…with your fist. He even had the audacity to wink at you.

image

Originally posted by songnayoongifs

“Baby girl, I taught you better.” Your grandma tutted. 

“Baby girl?” Seungwoo chimed in with a chuckle. 

“That’s what I’ve been calling her since she was a wee little baby. She was so cute, I should have brought pictures.” Your grandma said. 

“I don’t think they want to see that grandma.” You quickly said. Kira and Seungyoun put the food your grandma brought down on the table. 

“Well why don’t we eat!” Your grandma clapped her hands. 

🐻🐻

You were in the kitchen when a familiar scent enveloped you as someone appeared behind you. 

“Are you angry?” Seungwoo put his arms on the table in front of you caging you in them.

“What makes you say that?” You asked coyly. Seungwoo leaned closer to your ear. 

“Well someone didn’t talk to me at all just now. I’d say that’s a bit rude.” You turned around. 

“Rude?” You hissed. “Rude is leaving me at the club after kissing me!Without.A.Freaking.Word!” You whispered angrily. 

“Ah there it is. Hi Sparky.” You shook your head and pushed Seungwoo out of your way. 

“You know, it’s getting annoying.” Seungwoo cocked an eyebrow at your statement. 

“What is?” 

“This between us. What am I to you? We kiss too much.” You said frustratedly. Seungwoo sighed. 

“We said no labels didn’t we.” He replied. You shook your head. 

“I’m not gonna put out.” You replied bluntly. 

“Never asked you to.” 

“Great.” You pushed him aside and put up your middle finger as you heard him chuckle. 

🐻🐻

imageimage

You huffed out a breath as you put your phone back in your white coat. You hadn’t talked to Seungwoo for a couple of days. You’ve seen him around but didn’t talk to him. It was hard though. 

“Y/N.” Damien’s face appeared in front of you. “Hey! Long time no see!” He said happily. 

“Well you were off.” You smiled slightly. 

“Yeah, it was fun.” He rubbed his neck. “So…how’s your boyfriend?” He asked. 

“What about him?” You crossed your arms.

“Well he’s pretty good looking. Tall.” You laughed. 

“Sounds like you’re interested Damien. Should I he worried?” You joked. Damien laughed without humor. 

“Haha no…” He trailed off. You looked down at the clock and took your pager off. 

“Well I’m off.” You put it on the table and waved as you walked away. 

Walking to your car, someone called your name. You turned around and a man was in front of you. He was wearing a cap which obscured his face.

“Dr Y/N!” He said enthusiastically. His voice sounded familiar to you. 

“Um hello?” You said confused. “Are you looking for a department?” You asked thinking he was maybe lost and looking for where to go. 

“You don’t remember me?” The man asked sadly. 

“I’m sorry?” You were really confused. 

“I’m Ju Hon? You treated me in the hospital!” He exclaimed. 

“Ah okay..do you need me to point you somewhere?” You were still confused. Ju Hon shook his head. 

“I’m going to need you to come with me Dr Y/N…” He trailed off. 

“What? I’m not going anywhere.” You said. Ju Hon came closer. “You better step back.” You said firmly. 

“I’m sorry Dr Y/N. But I’d really like you to come with me.” He took out a gun. Your eyes widened as you stepped back.

“Look, just walk away and it’ll be fine.” You tried to reason. 

“I need you to come with me NOW!” He roared before grabbing you. He put the gun at your head and dragged you towards a van parked close to your car. You struggled against him but he pressed the gun tighter to your head. “I really need you to stop. I’m not going to hurt you.” He cooed. 

“Y/N!” You heard Damien yell. Ju Hon turned with you in his arms. Damien stopped in his tracks as he spotted the gun. “Y/N?” He looked confused. 

“Should I shoot him.” Ju Hon said under his breath but loud enough for you. “Yes, he’s in our way.” He shook his head. “No, just bring Y/N away.” He was talking to himself and then you realized he had a mental issue. 

“Don’t shoot him.” You said. 

“Y/N! I’ll go call security!” Damien was about to leave when Ju Hon shot at him.

“No!” You screamed. Luckily Ju Hon had missed. 

“You’re gonna let us go. Or I’ll just put a bullet in her head.” Ju Hon shrugged. Damien looked at you helplessly. “I can see what you’re thinking…why don’t you take your phone out and kick it over here. Don’t want you calling the police as soon I take Dr Y/N away.” Ju Hon smiled at Damien. Damien hesitated but when he noticed Ju Hon push the gun into your temple harder, he grabbed his phone, placing it on the ground and kicked it towards him. Ju Hon stepped on it. “Now, I think we should go, don’t you Dr Y/N.” He pulled you backwards as he pointed the gun between you and Damien who had his arms up. The van that was quiet started up which indicated that someone else was there as well. You were ed and you didn’t know what you could do. Ju Hon pushed you into the back of the van with him as Damien watched helplessly. The van squealed out of the parking basement and Damien cursed when he noticed there wasn’t a license plate. He ran into the hospital and used the stairs in a hurry that he bumped into someone and fell. 

“!” He cursed. He looked up into Seungwoos confused face. “Y/Ns boyfriend! do you have a phone?” Damien asked quickly. He got up and started patting Seungwoos body. 

“Dude what are you doing?” Seungwoo pushed him away. 

“Y/N! ! She! I can’t believe I didn’t do anything!” He said but it didn’t make any sense to Seungwoo. He continued to mumble incoherently so Seungwoo smacked the back of his head. 

“What are you saying? What happened to Y/N?” He asked. 

“A guy took her. He had a gun…I couldn’t do anything.” He said. 

“What? When?” 

“In the basement, just now. She forgot to sign herself out and I was going to remind her but then I saw the dude had a gun pointed to her head and he was dragging her. I wanted to help but he shot at me and I, I think he had someone else helping him.” Damien explained in a rush. 

“Did you see the plates?” Seungwoo asked. Damien shook his head. 

“I should call 911. .” Damien said and was about to ask Seungwoo for his phone again but Seungwoo had run off. 

On your end, you were stuck in the back of the van with a psycho who was talking to himself and had a gun pointed to you. 

“I can’t believe I’m doing this for you Ju Hon.” The guy who was driving said. 

“You owe me.” Ju Hon replied. 

“Why are you doing this?” You asked. You would have had a chance to fight if Ju Hon hadn’t tied your hands up in front of you. Maybe you should have taken up some fight classes but sleep was more important to you. 

“When i saw you, you were like an angel. I fell in love. I can’t wait until we get married.” He said with a smile aimed at you. 

“What did you say?” 


Updated! ;) Hope you like it! Busy with Paeds rotation, so far 4th year is kicking my . 

Appreciate if anyone wants to buy me coffee

Guess who has to pay £108 for a course. 🙋🏽‍♀️ life of a med student! Do send me comments and REQUESTS are open for X1 oneshots