Chapter 1

Phantom

“Wait who brings a girl to an underground fight ring for a date?” Your friend asked through the phone. You had decided to call your friend to let her know where you was in case anything happened. This was your second date with this guy that your colleague decided was the perfect guy for you but he decided an underground fight was the place to be? You had excused yourself and was in a dingy hallway surrounded by other people who were overly enthusiastic about the matches they were going to see.

“This guy apparently. Just thought I’d let you know. I am going to be either very bored or hate every second of it.” You sighed.

“Well you’re a doctor babe. Maybe you’ll see some interesting .” Kira giggled through the phone.

“I expect to see burst lips, maybe some head bleeds and definitely betting on half of the fighters having concussions.” You replied monotonously. “It’ll be awesome to see things like I don’t see them everyday in the ER.” You said sarcastically as Kira laughed.

“Well, just be safe. Text me.” Kira said and you said your goodbyes before hanging up the phone. As you were walking back to your seat, a guy cat called at you and you curled your lip in disgust. Tobi looked up as you came close and smiled widely. He trust some popcorn into your hands.

“Got popcorn!” He said with a full mouth. You controlled your expression so you wouldn’t show your distaste at the fact you could see the food in his mouth. “I’m so excited! This fight apparently has one of the best fighters in the circuit! I can’t wait to see ‘The Phantom’ fight!

“The Phantom?” Honestly the names fighters come up with. Hilarious. Tobi got wide eyed as he nodded excitedly.

“He’s amazing! He looks absolutely lanky but dude can FIGHT!” Tobi became an absolute fanboy as you became disinterested. You looked around as various types of people were sitting around the ring. Even though it was an underground fight, they had an OCTAGON like the UFC fights that your younger brother was obsessed with.

Suddenly hip hop music starting blasting through the speakers. Tobi started jumping excitedly in his seat. You sighed to yourself as you sat back in the seat.

“We’re so close!” Tobi squealed as you side eyed him. “Imagine seeing all that action up close!” He extended his fist for a fist pump. You looked down at his fist and his face as he shook his fist. Oh my god this guy, you thought to yourself. You returned his fist pump as he smiled widely. Dear lord, why did you even agree to another date with this guy. You were going to kill Jiyeon when you saw her. A weird EDM song started playing as a man went up into the ring.

“WELCOME EVERYONE TO OUR FIGHT NIGHT. WE GOT A GOOD ONE FOR ALL OF YOU. OUR FAN FAVORITE THE PHANTOM WILL BE UP AGAINST THE BEAST.” Deafening cheers were heard throughout. You were so gong to get a migraine from the ear splitting screaming. “FIRST LETS BRING OUT THE BEAST!” Flo Rida’s My House started playing through the speakers as a giant man living up to the name ‘The Beast’ came out to all the cheers. He removed the flamboyant robe he had on and handed it over to one of his groupies.

“He’s so cool. Should I dye my hair like that?” Tobi ran his hands through his hair as he looked at The Beasts bleached blonde hair. “What do you think *you*?”

“Yeah sure!” Yeah no. You had to yell to get through the music and that was so going to cause you to loose your voice.

“NOW!” You jumped in your seat in shock when the announcers voice boomed out again. “LETS WELCOME THE PHANTOM.” A tall and lanky man came in accompanied by a bunch of guys as the song ‘Look Alive’ played.

“Interesting choice of song.” You said to yourself as it was one of the hip hop songs you liked.

“WHAT?” Tobi shouted but suddenly started jumping up and down in his seat. “OH MY GOD THE PHANTOMS COMING OVER HERE! OH MY GOD THIS IS SO AWESOME THAT WE’RE AT THE FRONT.” As the guy known as ‘The Phantom’ walked over to where the both of were sitting, you observed him. He had hair that practically covered his eyes but what was most obvious was that permanent smirk on his face that seemed to showcase a dimple. Well at least there was some eye candy for you.

image

Unlike the Beast, the Phantom had on a simple long white tank and board shorts. You were still looking at him when his gaze caught yours. Not one to back down, you kept your eyes on him. You watched as his smirk widened.

“THE PHANTOM VS THE BEAST, ARE YOU ALL READY?” The cheers were so loud that you winced. The Phantom turned towards the announcer and nodded. He removed his tank top revealing his sculpted six pack and his tattoos. He tossed the tank top towards you and it landed on your lap. Looking up in disbelief, you caught his wink and side smirk before he turned away. One of the guys who was with him came up next to you and bent down.

“He’ll sign that after the fight for you darling.” The guy smiled showcasing off his deep set of dimples and walked towards the edge of the ring with the others.

“OH MY GOD *YOU*! YOURE SO LUCKY.” Tobi looked at you with absolute jealousy. You shook your head at the absurdity of what just happened. Did a man honestly just throw his shirt at you? “THE FIGHTS STARTING!” Tobi whooped excitedly with the rest of the crowd. You looked at the Phantom who was getting a pep talk from one of the boys. The Beast suddenly let out a huge roar as people cheered. You looked over at the Phantom who seemed rather unbothered as he smirked and geared up before pumping fists with his friends. The Phantom and The Beast came to the middle of the ring with the referee as he told them to bump gloves. The Beast just stared at the Phantom but it looked hilarious to you because the Beast was short so he had to look up to the Phantom. The referee seemed to stress again for both of them to pump fists which they finally did and it signaled the start of the game. The Beast swung a punch but the Phantom was fast. He dodged the punch and landed one right at the Beasts lower back. Dang a kidney punch. He smirked as the Beast groaned. The Beast did that stupid roar again lunging for the Phantom who kicked his head but the Beast landed a punch at his side. You winced. God that has to hurt. They went back and forth like that. You hated each moment of it but you were kind of rooting for the Phantom to win cause the other guy just seemed like such an . The Beast suddenly landed a punch to the side of the Phantoms head which caused a bleed at the side of his temple because of a cut. The doctor in you really wanted to help him but the girl in you did a little cheer as he kicked the Beast away from him causing the Beast to fall. The referee called time as they both walked back to their corners. The boys with the Phantom surrounded him and it looked as though they were mothering him. Making sure his injury wasn’t that bad. Then one of them gave a thumbs up to the referee.

It was time for round 2. You internally groaned. It seemed like this wouldn’t end. As you were thinking that the most incredible thing happened, the Phantom moved sideways before kicking the Beast down at the back of the knee. He then sat on him and started punching his face violently. You looked away and noticed how into this Tobi was. Yeah you were killing Jiyeon for sure. The crowd started chanting a countdown from 10 and once it hit 1, they all cheered.

“AND THE WINNER OF TONIGHTS FIGHT, THE PHANTOM.” You looked as the referee lifted the Phantoms gloved hand in victory.

“It’s done right?” You asked just wanting to leave.

“Yeah! But we have to go collect our winnings!” Tobi said excitedly.

“Winnings?” You found out as you followed him later that he had bet on the fight which apparently was what some of these people did. “You bet on an underground fight? That’s illegal.” You said matter of factly.

“Ah come on *you*, don’t be such a stick in the mud.” He pouted trying to be cute. You were fed up with him at this point. “I mean we’re on a date right?” He tried to hold your hand but you yanked it away from him.

“Seriously Tobi? You call this a date?”

“Why are you being such a right now?” Was this guy being serious.

“Well then, I’m leaving. And..lose my number.” You said with a two wave.

“What…Wait..” He stuttered but you shook your head and walked away. Freaking .

“Dammit why didn’t I drive myself.” Dumb mistake. If you have driven yourself, it would have been so much easier. Waiting at the corner, you were about to grab your phone out of your purse when you noticed that you were still holding the Phantoms tank top. “What is wrong with me?” You put it on your shoulders and grabbed your phone.

“Hey little lady, looking for a ride?” Two guys slinked out from a nearby alleyway. You ignored them at first but they were persistent. “Hey! We’re talking to you hotstuff.” They came closer to you.

“Just keep walking.” You said annoyed but that didn’t deter them as they laughed.

“Wow a feisty one huh.” You huffed and were about to reply when someone wrapped their arm around your shoulders.

“Hey baby doll these guys bothering you?” You turned and came face to face with a hoodie wearing Phantom. He was facing you directly as he put his face closer to yours. “Keep playing along.” He whispered.

image

“We were here first.” One of the guys pushed him and when he pulled his hood down and looked at them, they visibly gulped and stepped back. “Woah…sorry Phantom. Didn’t know she was your girl.” They put their arms up and were about to run away but the guys you saw with the Phantom earlier had surrounded them.

“So what if she wasn’t my girl…you were going to fight me for her? Does a girl being alone make her fair game?” He asked bluntly as the two guys looked around for an escape route.

“No….like we said we didn’t know. So it’s cool right?” One of the guys said. Suddenly he elbowed one of the Phantoms friend and ran away. The others grabbed the one dude still standing there shell shocked as the others ran to grab the idiot who ran away.

“You guys okay to deal with this?” The Phantom asked as the guys nodded.

“Yeah man, I’m sure this little s are nothing.” They laughed as they dragged the guy into the alleyway they crawled out from. The Phantom smirked at his friends and you pulled yourself from under his arm.

“I could have handled that.” You said defiantly.

“I wouldn’t doubt that.” He said with a closed smile.

“And here.” You pushed the tank top to his chest. “I believe this is yours.”

“Ah..do you want me to sign it?” He smiled knowing that you didn’t.

“No thanks.” You started walking away so you could go catch a bus or a cab but he jogged up next to you. “Why are you following me?” He has his hands in his pockets as he walked with you.

“It isn’t safe for a girl to walk alone at night. Especially in this neighborhood.” He said. “You were with a guy weren’t you? The skinny dude that looked like a chipmunk. Why didn’t you come out with him? Had a fight with your little boyfriend?” He asked continuously.

“Is it any of your concern?” You replied snarkily.

“You know if you’re trying to scare me off you, it just makes me like you more, Sparky.” He said causing you to turn to him angrily.

“Look…Phantom. First of all, that dude just now wasn’t my boyfriend. It was an ill fated second date. Secondly, what the hell is it with you calling me Sparky?” He grinned as he walked closer to you as you took a step back. That continued on until you felt a wall hit your back. Bloody hell you were being stupid today. He brought his arms up and effectively caged you in them. “Dude I will kick you in your junk. Back off.”

“You act so fiesty…like a little doggie. Hence..Sparky.” He replied with a tilt to the head. You were about to say something but you noticed something red on the side of his head. You brought your hand up and pushed his hair aside.

“Why didn’t you bandage this up?” You softly traced the wound at his temple.

“Are you feeling bad cause I have a little boo boo.” He teased playfully. You looked at the wound and noted that he didn’t need stitches which you told him. Ruffling through your purse, you found a bandage. “Sparky, what are you…” You put the bandage at the side of his temple. He looked at you and chuckled to himself.

“What?” You asked curious as to why he was laughing.

“Just never met a girl like you Sparky.” He moved his face closer to yours. Your lips were a mere breath away from his. “Now..I want to kiss you but I’m going to let you make the first move.” He breathed as you started getting hot because he was too close to you. There were many pros and cons to kissing him but your head was to preoccupied to even think about them before you thought…what the hell. You moved your lips to his and kissed him. You felt him smirk while kissing you.

“Stop smirking.” You mumbled against his lips.

“Yes ma’am.” He joked before he bit your lower lip. His hand moved to the back of your head so you wouldn’t accidentally hit it against the wall. You throwing caution to the wind brought your hands underneath his hoodie and caressed his abs. He groaned as you kneaded his sides. He used his tongue to trace your lips and started kissing you harder. A honk and a phone ringing caused the both of you to separate. The Phantom answered his phone as the driver of the car nearby rolled down her window.

“HI SORRY TO INTERRUPT. But did either of you order an Uber?” The girl at the driver seat asked. You were confused as the Phantom put one finger up in a wait motion.

“Yeah yeah I’ll be there in a bit.” He said and hung up. To the driver, “It’s for her.” He said pointing at you. “Give us a second.” He turned to you and your hair out of your face. “Sorry to cut our time short, but I have to go. So..go home.” He said bluntly pushing you softly to the car. He helped you into the car by opening the door and as you went in, you felt a tap on your as he closed the door with a smile. You squinted your eyes at him as he shrugged like he couldn’t help it. Then he left as the car pulled away. You were still thinking about the encounter with the Phantom when the driver spoke up.

“Your boyfriend is absolutely good looking.” The driver sighed wistfully. “Sorry I need your address.” You recited your address to her as she nodded. Once reaching your address, you ruffled through your purse to pay her when she stopped. “Oh it’s all paid for! With a really great tip too!” She said cheerfully.

“By who?” You asked confusedly. The driver looked at her phone.

“The Phantom?” She said equally confused. You laughed to yourself and nodded.

“Thanks.” You said before getting out and walking up to your apartment. Kira looked up from the couch as you entered.

“Hey! How was your night?” She asked with a pillow tucked under her arm.

“Interesting…very interesting.” You smiled in reply.

 


:) Send me your thoughts. If you noticed my stories are now CROWDFUNDED YAY! :) Join as members and get these story updates earlier plus other perks! <3 Spread these stories and comment,upvote!

Pic credit belongs to owners.